|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mrs. Donovan's dog?
(a) It is poisoned.
(b) It is hit by a car.
(c) It falls out of a tree.
(d) It is attacked by a wild animal.
2. What does Brennan do while Herriot is taking over his practice?
(a) Go on a holiday with his family.
(b) Visit his cousins.
(c) Attend the funeral of his father.
(d) Go to a veterinary training lecture.
3. What is wrong with Partridge's dog?
(a) Enlarged testicle.
(c) Food allergies.
(d) Fast breathing.
4. What is the name of the ball in chapter 12?
(a) Rose Ball.
(b) Tulip Ball.
(c) Daffodil Ball.
(d) Violet Ball.
5. What does Jock do every time Herriot visits his farm?
(b) Follows him eagerly.
(c) Chases his car.
(d) Runs and hides.
6. What kind of dog is Magnus?
7. What kind of dog does Mr. Bailes own?
8. What does Harold ask Herriot advice on?
(a) Investing money.
(b) His dog.
(c) Making friends.
(d) Betting on football.
9. What kind of dog does Mrs. Flaxton have?
10. What kind of dog is Tricki-Woo?
(b) Shih Tzu.
11. What is Herriot doing when he cuts his finger?
(a) Castrating pigs.
(b) De-horning cows.
(c) Branding horses.
(d) Delivering a foal.
12. What kind of dog does Harold have?
(b) Great Dane.
(c) Portuguese Water Dog.
13. How is the weather in chapter seven?
(a) Blistering hot.
(c) Snowy and cold.
14. What does Herrio receive on his birthday in chapter 22?
(a) A Veterinary award.
(b) A bottle of sherry and a side of beef.
(c) A litter of abandoned puppies.
(d) A draft notice.
15. What is wrong with Mrs. Cook's dog?
(a) She is vomiting non-stop.
(b) She is late to deliver puppies.
(c) She does not sleep for days.
(d) She is irritable and snappy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes most of Tricki-Woo's illnesses?
2. How far away from Herriot is Granville's clinic?
3. What is the name of Gyp's brother?
4. What is the name of Nellie's dog?
5. What does Herriot do with the abandoned retriever?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)