|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Gyp's brother?
2. How is the weather in chapter seven?
(a) Blistering hot.
(d) Snowy and cold.
3. What does Herriot name the dog abandoned on the highway?
4. What kind of dog does Helen have?
(c) Great Dane.
5. How far away from Herriot is Granville's clinic?
(a) 75 miles.
(b) 75 km.
(c) 25 miles.
(d) 25 km.
6. What is Roland Partridge's occupation?
(d) Store Owner.
7. How does Herriot cover Kim's wounds?
(a) With plaster.
(b) With castor oil.
(c) In a splint.
(d) In heavy bandages and sterile tape.
8. What is wrong with the cow Herriot treats at the Darroby Show?
(a) Her horn is knocked off.
(b) She is fed beer .
(c) Her leg is fractured.
(d) Her hoof is split.
9. What does Herriot do for Mr. Dean's dog?
(a) Supplements his diet.
(b) Operates on a tumor.
(c) Puts him to sleep.
(d) Splints his leg.
10. What is the name of Brennan's housekeeper?
(a) Mrs. Holdermyer.
(b) Mrs. Holroyd.
(c) Mrs. Heldmer.
11. What is wrong with Gyp?
(a) He has a blind eye.
(b) He has convulsions.
(c) He is limping.
(d) He is vomiting.
12. What is the name of Joe Mulligan's dog?
13. What does Herriot hear when he puts a stethoscope on Joe Mulligan's dog's chest?
(b) A deep rumbling.
(c) A clicking.
(d) A hich rasp.
14. What does Siegfried do to get Herriot to take his place at the Darroby Show?
(a) Tells him Helen is there.
(b) Tells him it is really fun.
(c) Reminds him of a gambling debt he owes.
(d) Offers to pay him.
15. What is being used to poison dogs in chapter 28?
(c) Rat poison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does Mrs. Rummey get after giving away Cedric?
2. What does Herriot do with the abandoned retriever?
3. What happens to Mrs. Donovan's dog?
4. What is Tricki-Woo wearing when Herriot sees him and his master driving together?
5. What is the name of Mrs. Cook's dog?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)