Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• Herriot is called to Mrs. Pumphrey's house to care for her Pekingese, Tricki-Woo who has many illnesses due to his master feeding him cream pies, alcohol, and other things of that nature.
• Mrs. Pumphrey tells Herriot that she writes to a dog magazine in search of a pen-pal and has also won her nine shillings by placing a bet at the horse race.
• When Mrs. Pumphry sends Herriot a gift basket at Christmas, he writes a letter to Mister Tricki-Woo to thank him, which pleases Mrs. Pumphrey. Tricki-Woo lives a long and happy life.
• Herriot removes a benign tumor from the chest of a Labrador. The dog makes loud howling noises as he comes out of the anesthesia.
• Herriot and Siegfried have to go to another clinic, so Tristan is left to care for the dog. When they come back, they hear the dog howling. Tristan...
This section contains 4,263 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)