|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reports to Petey that he is on the television news and then tries to hug Petey?
(a) Big Slim.
(b) Little Mim.
(c) Big Jim.
(d) Large Tim.
2. Which villain from the first Dog-Man book resurfaces at the end of Chapter 6: "A Buncha Stuff That Happened Next"?
(a) Dr. Whatchamacallit.
(b) Dr. Evil.
(c) Dr. Yes.
(d) Dr. Scum.
3. What term does Grampa apply to Petey's house when he enters for the first time?
4. At the end of Chapter 8: "The Old Man and the Seafood Crackers," who finishes building his army of "burgle balls" (135)?
(a) Dr. Scum.
(b) Dr. Whatchamacallit.
(c) Dr. No.
(d) Dr. Strangelove.
5. Crunky hypnotizes Big Jim in Chapter 7: "A Buncha Stuff That Happened Next" to think he is what kind of superhero?
(a) A pirate-themed superhero.
(b) A cupcake-themed superhero.
(c) A donut-themed superhero.
(d) A wrestler-themed superhero.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what location does Petey recruit other cats to join his group of anarchists in Chapter 3?
2. What does Dog Man do when he first encounters a burgle ball?
3. Petey suggests in Chapter 5: "A Good Dose of Reality" that Li'l Petey live with 80-HD and Dog Man at what times?
4. Which character is riding inside his robot creation when its arms are ripped off by the mechanical rat at the end of Chapter 11: The Very Hangry Caterpillar"?
5. Chapter 2 of Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls is entitled "Behavior Modification" (33) what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does the foreword of Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls broaden the traditional definition of family?
2. What are three different actions Petey takes as he prepares to welcome his son Li'l Petey back into their home?
3. What is the main emotion Petey experiences when he hears that seven dogs have been pardoned in Chapter 1: "Rise of the Planet of the Cats" and what action does he take as a result?
4. How does Li'l Petey react to seeing his father Petey in Chapter 4 and what is significant about his reaction?
5. Why is Dog Man unable to help in the effort to stop the crimes committed by Dr. Scum's burgle balls?
6. What reason does Li'l Petey give his father Petey when he explains his choice to find Grampa?
7. At what solution does Petey arrive when Dog Man and 80-HD miss Li'l Petey terribly after he moves out?
8. What is Dog Man's least favorite activity and how do you know?
9. What is Dog Man's origin story?
10. In what way is the title of Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls explained in Chapter 8: "The Old Man and the Seafood Crackers"?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)