|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Vintner feel about Robin and Rafe?
2. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick on his subject?
3. Where does Faustus say he got the grapes?
4. Who appears in the Epilogue?
5. How do the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt feel about Faustus's feat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
2. What important allusions are used in the Epilogue, and what do they signify?
3. How does Faustus feel during the last hour of his life?
4. Why does Mephastophilis attack the Horse-Courser?
5. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
6. Why does Faustus summon Helen of Troy during the scholars' visit?
7. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
8. Why does the Horse-Course return to Faustus?
9. How does Faustus react to the Duchess of Vanholt's craving, and why?
10. What does the Old Man tell Faustus, and how does Faustus respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the advice of Good Angel and the Bad Angel in "Dr. Faustus". How do they emphasize the duality of mankind?
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose of the chorus in "Dr. Faustus"? What role do they play? Why are they important?
Essay Topic 3
How can Mephastophilis be seen as a sympathetic character?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)