|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the object being carried in Act 3, Scene 2 obtained?
2. What happens at midnight in Act 5, Scene 2?
3. What does Mephastophilis do to Robin and Rafe as punishment for meddling?
4. Who appears in the Epilogue?
5. What does Faustus tell the Horse-Courser not to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
2. What does the Old Man tell Faustus, and how does Faustus respond?
3. How does Mephastophilis react to being summoned by Robin and Rafe?
4. Where are Faustus and Mephastophilis at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1? What are they doing?
5. What happens when the Horse-Courser offers to buy Faustus's horse?
6. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
7. Why does Faustus refuse to pray to God in Act 5, Scene 2?
8. Why does the Horse-Course return to Faustus?
9. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
10. What important allusions are used in the Epilogue, and what do they signify?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of magic in "Dr. Faustus".
Essay Topic 2
Analyze one of the metaphors in "Dr. Faustus" in depth.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze "Dr. Faustus" as a morality play.
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)