Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the protagonist of this play?
2. Why does the new arrival in Act 4, Scene 1 approach Faustus?
3. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
4. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick on his subject?
5. Why does Faustus make his odd request in Act 3, Scene 1?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of magic in "Dr. Faustus".
Essay Topic 2
"Dr. Faustus" employs different styles of writing. When is blank verse used? When is rhymed verse used? Which characters speak in blank verse? Which characters speak in rhymed verse? What does the use of different writing styles signify within the text?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lucifer and Dr. Faustus, providing specific examples from the text.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)