|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Faustus's last request?
2. Who enters with Faustus in Act 5, Scene 1?
3. What does Faustus think about during the last hour of his life?
4. What does Faustus ask for instead of his original plan in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What does Faustus speak of after talking to the Old Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Horse-Course return to Faustus?
2. What are Robin and Rafe doing at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1, what does Faustus want, and why?
4. In Act 3, Scene 2, why is Mephastophilis summoned, and what happens when he is summoned?
5. What does Wagner think about Faustus's actions in Act 5, Scene 1?
6. What does the Chorus explain in the Epilogue?
7. Whom does Faustus command to adhere to Carolus's request in Act 4, Scene 4?
8. How does Faustus explain his ability to procure grapes for the Duchess of Vanholt?
9. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
10. Why does Faustus refuse to pray to God in Act 5, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Lucifer and Dr. Faustus, providing specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
What does "Dr. Faustus" suggest about Marlowe's attitude toward women?
Essay Topic 3
How is learning viewed in "Dr. Faustus"? How do different characters view learning?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)