|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Old Man want at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
2. What does Faustus tell the Horse-Courser not to do?
3. Who appears when Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
4. Who does the Pope think Faustus is?
5. Who arrives after Faustus's first guests leave in Act 5, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the churchmen react to Faustus's invisible actions?
2. How does Faustus explain his ability to procure grapes for the Duchess of Vanholt?
3. What does Wagner think about Faustus's actions in Act 5, Scene 1?
4. How does Mephastophilis react to being summoned by Robin and Rafe?
5. Whom does Faustus command to adhere to Carolus's request in Act 4, Scene 4?
6. Why does Mephastophilis attack the Horse-Courser?
7. What part does the knight play in Act 4, Scene 1?
8. What does the Old Man tell Faustus, and how does Faustus respond?
9. What are Robin and Rafe doing at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
10. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Latin used in "Dr. Faustus"? Which characters speak Latin, and what does this signify about them?
Essay Topic 2
How does the Old Man represent man's dual nature of good and evil?
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of the chorus in "Dr. Faustus"? What role do they play? Why are they important?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)