|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robin cast a spell?
2. Why does Faustus make his odd request in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Which Greek god(dess) is alluded to in the Epilogue?
4. Why does the new arrival in Act 4, Scene 1 approach Faustus?
5. What is the setting of Act 4, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Faustus feel during the last hour of his life?
2. Why does Mephastophilis attack the Horse-Courser?
3. Whom does Faustus command to adhere to Carolus's request in Act 4, Scene 4?
4. What does Wagner think about Faustus's actions in Act 5, Scene 1?
5. What important allusions are used in the Epilogue, and what do they signify?
6. How does Mephastophilis react to being summoned by Robin and Rafe?
7. What is Faustus's final request?
8. What happens when the Horse-Courser offers to buy Faustus's horse?
9. Why does the Horse-Course return to Faustus?
10. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the advice of Good Angel and the Bad Angel in "Dr. Faustus". How do they emphasize the duality of mankind?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of magic in "Dr. Faustus".
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of the chorus in "Dr. Faustus"? What role do they play? Why are they important?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)