|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
2. Who appears in the Epilogue?
3. Who returns to the room, singing a dirge, in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Where are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Who is waiting in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the Old Man represent man's dual nature of good and evil?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Latin used in "Dr. Faustus"? Which characters speak Latin, and what does this signify about them?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lucifer and Dr. Faustus, providing specific examples from the text.
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)