Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the protagonist of this play?
2. Why does the new arrival in Act 4, Scene 1 approach Faustus?
3. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
4. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick on his subject?
5. Why does Faustus make his odd request in Act 3, Scene 1?
Essay Topic 1
Why was Dr. Faustus controversial when it was published? How did the period affect the way that the book was received in society?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze one of the metaphors in "Dr. Faustus" in depth.
Essay Topic 3
How does the Old Man represent man's dual nature of good and evil?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)