|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is taken with Faustus in Act 4, Scene 3?
2. What does the Duchess of Vanholt have a craving for?
3. From where does Mephastophilis retrieve Alexander the Great?
4. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
5. What is the setting of Act 4, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
2. What are Robin and Rafe doing at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Why is the Vintner unable to find the silver goblet?
5. What does the Chorus explain in the Epilogue?
6. What does Wagner think about Faustus's actions in Act 5, Scene 1?
7. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
8. How does Faustus feel during the last hour of his life?
9. What part does the knight play in Act 4, Scene 1?
10. What does the Old Man tell Faustus, and how does Faustus respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was Dr. Faustus controversial when it was published? How did the period affect the way that the book was received in society?
Essay Topic 2
What events foreshadow Faustus's eventual damnation?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lucifer and Dr. Faustus, providing specific examples from the text.
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)