|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 2, why does Robin summon Mephastophilis?
2. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
3. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick on his subject?
4. What does Faustus ask for instead of his original plan in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Why does the Horse-Courser offer Faustus more money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
2. How does Faustus feel during the last hour of his life?
3. Where are Faustus and Mephastophilis at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1? What are they doing?
4. How does Carolus react to Faustus's feats?
5. Why does Mephastophilis attack the Horse-Courser?
6. What does the Old Man tell Faustus, and how does Faustus respond?
7. Why are the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt impressed by Faustus's ability to procure grapes?
8. What are Robin and Rafe doing at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
9. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1, what does Faustus want, and why?
10. How does Faustus react to the Duchess of Vanholt's craving, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Debate whether "Dr. Faustus" is a Christian tragedy, citing examples from the text to support your conclusion.
Essay Topic 2
What does "Dr. Faustus" suggest about Marlowe's attitude toward women?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the advice of Good Angel and the Bad Angel in "Dr. Faustus". How do they emphasize the duality of mankind?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)