|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Greek god(dess) is alluded to in the Epilogue?
2. What does Faustus ask for instead of his original plan in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Which human arrives in the middle of Act 3, Scene 2?
4. What happens at midnight in Act 5, Scene 2?
5. What does Faustus do when the Horse-Courser leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carolus react to Faustus's feats?
2. How do the churchmen react to Faustus's invisible actions?
3. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Where are Faustus and Mephastophilis at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1? What are they doing?
5. Why does Faustus refuse to pray to God in Act 5, Scene 2?
6. What is Faustus's final request?
7. Whom does Faustus command to adhere to Carolus's request in Act 4, Scene 4?
8. Why is the Vintner unable to find the silver goblet?
9. Why does Mephastophilis attack the Horse-Courser?
10. What important allusions are used in the Epilogue, and what do they signify?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events foreshadow Faustus's eventual damnation?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze "Dr. Faustus" as a morality play.
Essay Topic 3
Choose and analyze one of the symbols in "Dr. Faustus", citing textual examples.
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)