Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the protagonist of this play?
2. Why does the new arrival in Act 4, Scene 1 approach Faustus?
3. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
4. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick on his subject?
5. Why does Faustus make his odd request in Act 3, Scene 1?
Essay Topic 1
Choose and analyze one of the symbols in "Dr. Faustus", citing textual examples.
Essay Topic 2
How is comedy used in "Dr. Faustus"? Which characters are comic? Which scenes are comic?
Essay Topic 3
Besides Dr. Faustus, who in this play sins? How do they sin? How are they punished?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)