|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Faustus eager to please in Act 4, Scene 3?
2. Who arrives after Faustus's first guests leave in Act 5, Scene 1?
3. Who seizes the Horse-Courser?
4. What do Robin and Rafe do out of fear of Mephastophilis?
5. What does the Old Man want at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wagner think about Faustus's actions in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. What important allusions are used in the Epilogue, and what do they signify?
3. What does Faustus do when the Pope enters his private chambers?
4. What happens when the Horse-Courser offers to buy Faustus's horse?
5. What is Faustus's final request?
6. How does Faustus explain his ability to procure grapes for the Duchess of Vanholt?
7. What does the Chorus explain in the Epilogue?
8. Why does Faustus refuse to pray to God in Act 5, Scene 2?
9. Why does the Horse-Course return to Faustus?
10. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1, what does Faustus want, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze "Dr. Faustus" as a morality play.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Lucifer and Dr. Faustus, providing specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of magic in "Dr. Faustus".
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)