|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Pope react to Faustus's actions?
2. Whom is Faustus eager to please in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. What do Mephastophilis and Faustus do to the people singing a dirge at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What does Faustus speak of after talking to the Old Man?
5. What do Robin and Rafe do out of fear of Mephastophilis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important allusions are used in the Epilogue, and what do they signify?
2. Whom does Faustus command to adhere to Carolus's request in Act 4, Scene 4?
3. Why does Mephastophilis attack the Horse-Courser?
4. What are Robin and Rafe doing at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
5. In Act 3, Scene 2, why is Mephastophilis summoned, and what happens when he is summoned?
6. Where are Faustus and Mephastophilis at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1? What are they doing?
7. What happens when the Horse-Courser offers to buy Faustus's horse?
8. How does Carolus react to Faustus's feats?
9. Why is the Vintner unable to find the silver goblet?
10. What does the Old Man tell Faustus, and how does Faustus respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can Mephastophilis be seen as a sympathetic character?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the advice of Good Angel and the Bad Angel in "Dr. Faustus". How do they emphasize the duality of mankind?
Essay Topic 3
How does the Old Man represent man's dual nature of good and evil?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)