|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters with Faustus in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. What is being carried as Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
3. How does the Pope react to Faustus's actions?
4. What does the Duke of Vanholt promise?
5. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Faustus explain his ability to procure grapes for the Duchess of Vanholt?
2. What does the Old Man tell Faustus, and how does Faustus respond?
3. What does Faustus do when the Pope enters his private chambers?
4. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
5. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
6. Why does Faustus summon Helen of Troy during the scholars' visit?
7. In Act 3, Scene 2, why is Mephastophilis summoned, and what happens when he is summoned?
8. Why are the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt impressed by Faustus's ability to procure grapes?
9. How does Carolus react to Faustus's feats?
10. What is Faustus's final request?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events foreshadow Faustus's eventual damnation?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze "Dr. Faustus" as a morality play.
Essay Topic 3
Why was Dr. Faustus controversial when it was published? How did the period affect the way that the book was received in society?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)