|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faustus feel about the benefits of selling his soul?
2. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
3. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
4. How does the Clown react to the appearance of the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. How does Robin feel about his new acquisition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the meaning behind the allusion of "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue?
2. What does Wagner do to convince the Clown to yield to his desires?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus ask Lucifer, and how does Lucifer respond?
4. Why do the scholars ask for Faustus, and whom do they ask?
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus send Wagner to do, and why?
6. What changes does Faustus make in his studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
7. What does Faustus do as a storm draws near?
8. What happens after the Angels leave in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus consider studying, and why?
10. How do the scholars feel about what Faustus is doing in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is comedy used in "Dr. Faustus"? Which characters are comic? Which scenes are comic?
Essay Topic 2
What does "Dr. Faustus" suggest about Marlowe's attitude toward women?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze "Dr. Faustus" as a morality play.
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)