|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
2. What will Robin's book allow him to do?
3. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What do the first set of books that Mephastophilis gives Faustus allow Faustus to do?
5. How did Robin obtain the object that he is carrying in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus send Wagner to do, and why?
2. What does Wagner tell the scholars about Faustus?
3. What happens when the Good Angel and Bad Angel appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What happens after the Angels leave in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How does the Clown feel about Wagner's offer?
6. What does Faustus offer at the end of Act 1, Scene 3? Why does he make this offer?
7. What is Robin carrying at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2? Why does it make him happy?
8. What is the meaning behind the allusion of "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue?
9. How does Mephastophilis respond when Faustus questions him about hell, heaven, and God?
10. What does Faustus ask for at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is learning viewed in "Dr. Faustus"? How do different characters view learning?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the medieval and Renaissance values that are present in "Dr. Faustus".
Essay Topic 3
Debate whether "Dr. Faustus" is a Christian tragedy, citing examples from the text to support your conclusion.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)