|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Faustus grow up?
2. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Why does Mephastophilis refuse to continue discussing God and heaven?
4. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the scholars ask for Faustus, and whom do they ask?
2. What does Robin tell Rafe when Rafe arrives in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What happens after the Angels leave in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What changes does Faustus make in his studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
5. What happens when the Good Angel and Bad Angel appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. What do the scholars decide to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
7. What happens when Mephastophilis returns in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. What does the Clown do after the devils are gone?
9. What does Faustus ask for at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
10. What does Robin intend to use Faustus's book for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was Dr. Faustus controversial when it was published? How did the period affect the way that the book was received in society?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the advice of Good Angel and the Bad Angel in "Dr. Faustus". How do they emphasize the duality of mankind?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze "Dr. Faustus" as a morality play.
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)