|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
2. How does Robin's friend feel about Robin's offer?
3. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Wagner want to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Wagner and the Clown discussing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus consider studying, and why?
3. How do the scholars feel about what Faustus is doing in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus send Wagner to do, and why?
5. What does Robin tell Rafe when Rafe arrives in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. How does Faustus react to the Duchess of Vanholt's craving, and why?
7. How do the churchmen react to Faustus's invisible actions?
8. How does Rafe feel about Robin's book? Why?
9. What happens after the Angels leave in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. What does the Chorus explain in the Epilogue?
Essay Topic 1
How is learning viewed in "Dr. Faustus"? How do different characters view learning?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze one of the metaphors in "Dr. Faustus" in depth.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the medieval and Renaissance values that are present in "Dr. Faustus".
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)