|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Clown react to the appearance of the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
4. Who is Robin's friend that enters in the middle of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. How did Robin obtain the object that he is carrying in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rafe feel about Robin's book? Why?
2. Why do the scholars ask for Faustus, and whom do they ask?
3. What is Robin carrying at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2? Why does it make him happy?
4. What happens when Faustus commands Mephastophilis to act as his servant?
5. What is Faustus's background?
6. What are Wagner and the Clown discussing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
7. What does Robin intend to use Faustus's book for?
8. What does Faustus ask for at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
9. What does Wagner tell the scholars about Faustus?
10. What does the Clown do after the devils are gone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze one of the metaphors in "Dr. Faustus" in depth.
Essay Topic 2
How can Mephastophilis be seen as a sympathetic character?
Essay Topic 3
Choose and analyze one of the symbols in "Dr. Faustus", citing textual examples.
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)