|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
3. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
4. What is Robin's occupation?
5. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the Angels leave in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What is the meaning behind the allusion of "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue?
3. How does Faustus feel about the Seven Deadly Sins?
4. What does Faustus ask for at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. How does Rafe feel about Robin's book? Why?
6. Why does Lucifer arrive in Act 2, Scene 3? What happens when Lucifer arrives?
7. What do the scholars decide to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
8. What happens when the Good Angel and Bad Angel appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. What do the devils show Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. What does the Clown do after the devils are gone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the theme of necromancy instigate the action of "Dr. Faustus"?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Lucifer and Dr. Faustus, providing specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
"Dr. Faustus" employs different styles of writing. When is blank verse used? When is rhymed verse used? Which characters speak in blank verse? Which characters speak in rhymed verse? What does the use of different writing styles signify within the text?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)