|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Why does Mephastophilis refuse to continue discussing God and heaven?
3. What does Faustus consider in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robin intend to use Faustus's book for?
2. How does Faustus react to the Good and Bad Angels' fight for his soul?
3. What does Faustus do as a storm draws near?
4. What is Robin carrying at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2? Why does it make him happy?
5. What does Faustus offer at the end of Act 1, Scene 3? Why does he make this offer?
6. How does the Clown feel about Wagner's offer?
7. What happens after the Angels leave in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. What does Faustus ask for at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
9. What does the Clown do after the devils are gone?
10. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus send Wagner to do, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is comedy used in "Dr. Faustus"? Which characters are comic? Which scenes are comic?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the advice of Good Angel and the Bad Angel in "Dr. Faustus". How do they emphasize the duality of mankind?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze "Dr. Faustus" as a morality play.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)