|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who tells Faustus that it is not too late to turn back?
4. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
5. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wagner do to convince the Clown to yield to his desires?
2. What changes does Faustus make in his studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
3. What happens when the Good Angel and Bad Angel appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Faustus ask for at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What happens after the Angels leave in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. What does Robin intend to use Faustus's book for?
7. What happens when Faustus commands Mephastophilis to act as his servant?
8. How does Mephastophilis respond when Faustus questions him about hell, heaven, and God?
9. How does the Clown feel about Wagner's offer?
10. What are Wagner and the Clown discussing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of the chorus in "Dr. Faustus"? What role do they play? Why are they important?
Essay Topic 2
What does "Dr. Faustus" suggest about Marlowe's attitude toward women?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of magic in "Dr. Faustus".
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)