|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus study?
2. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. Who tells Faustus that it is not too late to turn back?
5. Who speaks in the Prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Faustus think about as he waits in his study for Mephastophilis to return?
2. What are Wagner and the Clown discussing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What is the meaning behind the allusion of "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue?
4. What does Faustus ask for at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Wagner tell the scholars about Faustus?
6. What does Robin intend to use Faustus's book for?
7. What does Faustus do as a storm draws near?
8. What happens when Mephastophilis returns in Act 2, Scene 1?
9. How does the Clown feel about Wagner's offer?
10. What happens after the Angels leave in Act 1, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the theme of necromancy instigate the action of "Dr. Faustus"?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze "Dr. Faustus" as a morality play.
Essay Topic 3
What does "Dr. Faustus" suggest about Marlowe's attitude toward women?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)