|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
2. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Robin intend to use the book for?
4. Where does Faustus grow up?
5. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Old Man tell Faustus, and how does Faustus respond?
2. What happens after the Angels leave in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What do the devils show Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Faustus think about as he waits in his study for Mephastophilis to return?
5. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
6. What happens when Mephastophilis returns in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. How does Rafe feel about Robin's book? Why?
8. What does Faustus offer at the end of Act 1, Scene 3? Why does he make this offer?
9. What does the Clown do after the devils are gone?
10. Why are the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt impressed by Faustus's ability to procure grapes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can Mephastophilis be seen as a sympathetic character?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Lucifer and Dr. Faustus, providing specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What does "Dr. Faustus" suggest about Marlowe's attitude toward women?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)