|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Faustus use to sign the contract?
2. Why does Mephastophilis leave Faustus?
3. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
4. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
5. How did Robin obtain the object that he is carrying in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Good Angel and Bad Angel appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How does Faustus feel about the Seven Deadly Sins?
3. Describe Faustus's studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue.
4. What happens after the Angels leave in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus send Wagner to do, and why?
6. What happens when Faustus commands Mephastophilis to act as his servant?
7. What does the Clown do after the devils are gone?
8. What happens when Mephastophilis returns in Act 2, Scene 1?
9. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus consider studying, and why?
10. What is the meaning behind the allusion of "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does "Dr. Faustus" suggest about Marlowe's attitude toward women?
Essay Topic 2
How is comedy used in "Dr. Faustus"? Which characters are comic? Which scenes are comic?
Essay Topic 3
How is learning viewed in "Dr. Faustus"? How do different characters view learning?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)