|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Faustus use to sign the contract?
2. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Why does Mephastophilis leave Faustus?
4. What does Faustus consider in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. How does Robin feel about his new acquisition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Robin carrying at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2? Why does it make him happy?
2. What does Faustus do as a storm draws near?
3. What does Robin tell Rafe when Rafe arrives in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What happens when the Good Angel and Bad Angel appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does Faustus ask for at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
6. Describe Faustus's studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue.
7. How do the scholars feel about what Faustus is doing in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
8. Why do the scholars ask for Faustus, and whom do they ask?
9. What happens after the Angels leave in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. How does Faustus react to the Good and Bad Angels' fight for his soul?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze one of the metaphors in "Dr. Faustus" in depth.
Essay Topic 2
Why is Latin used in "Dr. Faustus"? Which characters speak Latin, and what does this signify about them?
Essay Topic 3
Debate whether "Dr. Faustus" is a Christian tragedy, citing examples from the text to support your conclusion.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)