|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mephastophilis return to Faustus with in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
3. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Who arrives to vie for Faustus's soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What will Robin's book allow him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Faustus do as a storm draws near?
2. What do the devils show Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What is Faustus's background?
4. How does Faustus react to the Good and Bad Angels' fight for his soul?
5. How does the Clown feel about Wagner's offer?
6. What does Faustus offer at the end of Act 1, Scene 3? Why does he make this offer?
7. What happens when the Good Angel and Bad Angel appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. Describe Faustus's studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue.
9. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus send Wagner to do, and why?
10. What happens after the Angels leave in Act 1, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze one of the metaphors in "Dr. Faustus" in depth.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of magic in "Dr. Faustus".
Essay Topic 3
What does "Dr. Faustus" suggest about Marlowe's attitude toward women?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)