|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faustus do in his studies?
2. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
3. What is Robin's occupation?
4. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Faustus do as a storm draws near?
2. What happens after the Angels leave in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Robin tell Rafe when Rafe arrives in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Faustus ask for at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What do the devils show Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
6. What does the Clown do after the devils are gone?
7. How does Faustus react to the Good and Bad Angels' fight for his soul?
8. What does Faustus offer at the end of Act 1, Scene 3? Why does he make this offer?
9. What does Robin intend to use Faustus's book for?
10. How does Mephastophilis respond when Faustus questions him about hell, heaven, and God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of the chorus in "Dr. Faustus"? What role do they play? Why are they important?
Essay Topic 2
What does "Dr. Faustus" suggest about Marlowe's attitude toward women?
Essay Topic 3
How is comedy used in "Dr. Faustus"? Which characters are comic? Which scenes are comic?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)