|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Clown's condition for agreeing to Wagner's request?
2. How does Robin's friend feel about Robin's offer?
3. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Faustus react to the Good and Bad Angels' fight for his soul?
2. Why does Lucifer arrive in Act 2, Scene 3? What happens when Lucifer arrives?
3. Describe Faustus's studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue.
4. How does the Clown feel about Wagner's offer?
5. How do the scholars feel about what Faustus is doing in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
6. How does Rafe feel about Robin's book? Why?
7. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus send Wagner to do, and why?
8. At the end of Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus ask Lucifer, and how does Lucifer respond?
9. Why do the scholars ask for Faustus, and whom do they ask?
10. What does Wagner tell the scholars about Faustus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is learning viewed in "Dr. Faustus"? How do different characters view learning?
Essay Topic 2
How does the theme of necromancy instigate the action of "Dr. Faustus"?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the medieval and Renaissance values that are present in "Dr. Faustus".
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)