|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What is necromancy?
3. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
4. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. In Act 2, Scene 2, who owned the object that Robin is carrying before Robin obtained it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Faustus feel about the Seven Deadly Sins?
2. What does the Clown do after the devils are gone?
3. What changes does Faustus make in his studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
4. What does Robin intend to use Faustus's book for?
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus consider studying, and why?
6. Describe Faustus's studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue.
7. What happens when Mephastophilis returns in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus send Wagner to do, and why?
9. What do the devils show Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. Why do the scholars ask for Faustus, and whom do they ask?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of the chorus in "Dr. Faustus"? What role do they play? Why are they important?
Essay Topic 2
How does the Old Man represent man's dual nature of good and evil?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze one of the metaphors in "Dr. Faustus" in depth.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)