|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
2. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
4. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
5. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Faustus do as a storm draws near?
2. What does the Clown do after the devils are gone?
3. How does Rafe feel about Robin's book? Why?
4. Describe Faustus's studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue.
5. What do the devils show Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
6. What does Faustus ask for at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
7. How does the Clown feel about Wagner's offer?
8. What is Robin carrying at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2? Why does it make him happy?
9. How does Mephastophilis respond when Faustus questions him about hell, heaven, and God?
10. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus send Wagner to do, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events foreshadow Faustus's eventual damnation?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of magic in "Dr. Faustus".
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the medieval and Renaissance values that are present in "Dr. Faustus".
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)