Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
2. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
3. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What does Faustus study?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Robin carrying at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2? Why does it make him happy?
2. How does Faustus feel about the Seven Deadly Sins?
3. In Act 3, Scene 2, why is Mephastophilis summoned, and what happens when he is summoned?
4. Why do the scholars ask for Faustus, and whom do they ask?
5. Whom does Faustus command to adhere to Carolus's request in Act 4, Scene 4?
6. What does Robin intend to use Faustus's book for?
7. What do the devils show Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. How does the Clown feel about Wagner's offer?
9. What happens when Faustus commands Mephastophilis to act as his servant?
10. How does Mephastophilis respond when Faustus questions him about hell, heaven, and God?
Essay Topic 1
Why is Latin used in "Dr. Faustus"? Which characters speak Latin, and what does this signify about them?
Essay Topic 2
How can Mephastophilis be seen as a sympathetic character?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of magic in "Dr. Faustus".
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)