|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
2. Where does Faustus grow up?
3. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
4. How does Robin feel about his new acquisition?
5. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rafe feel about Robin's book? Why?
2. What happens after the Angels leave in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Faustus think about as he waits in his study for Mephastophilis to return?
4. What happens when the Good Angel and Bad Angel appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does Faustus ask for at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
6. Describe Faustus's studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue.
7. Why does Lucifer arrive in Act 2, Scene 3? What happens when Lucifer arrives?
8. How do the scholars feel about what Faustus is doing in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
9. How does Faustus react to the Good and Bad Angels' fight for his soul?
10. What do the scholars decide to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the theme of necromancy instigate the action of "Dr. Faustus"?
Essay Topic 2
What events foreshadow Faustus's eventual damnation?
Essay Topic 3
How does the Old Man represent man's dual nature of good and evil?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)