|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Faustus go to study?
2. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does the Good Angel advise Faustus?
4. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
5. Who is Robin's friend that enters in the middle of Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the scholars ask for Faustus, and whom do they ask?
2. What happens after the Angels leave in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Describe Faustus's studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue.
4. What do the devils show Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus consider studying, and why?
6. What does Wagner tell the scholars about Faustus?
7. What does Faustus think about as he waits in his study for Mephastophilis to return?
8. Why does Lucifer arrive in Act 2, Scene 3? What happens when Lucifer arrives?
9. How does Mephastophilis respond when Faustus questions him about hell, heaven, and God?
10. What does the Clown do after the devils are gone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can Mephastophilis be seen as a sympathetic character?
Essay Topic 2
Choose and analyze one of the symbols in "Dr. Faustus", citing textual examples.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of magic in "Dr. Faustus".
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)