|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt feel about Faustus's feat?
2. Who is cynical of Faustus's abilities?
(a) A knight.
(b) The Duke of Vanholt.
(c) The Duchess of Vanholt.
3. In Act 3, Scene 2, why does Robin summon Mephastophilis?
(a) To answer a question.
(b) To get him out of jail.
(c) To torture the Vintner.
(d) To procure a book.
4. What happens at midnight in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) Faustus begins praying to God for forgiveness.
(b) Devils arrive to take Faustus to hell.
(c) Faustus dies.
(d) The scholars scream.
5. What does Mephastophilis warn the Horse-Courser not to do?
(a) Eat Faustus's food.
(b) Buy another horse from Faustus.
(c) Wake Faustus up.
(d) Yell at the horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus ask for instead of his original plan in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Whom does Faustus summon from the dead in Act 5, Scene 1?
3. What are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting for at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What does Carolus promise Faustus in Act 4, Scene 1 after Faustus adheres to Carolus' request?
5. Why does the Horse-Courser return soaking wet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Faustus do when the Pope enters his private chambers?
2. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1, what does Faustus want, and why?
3. Why does Mephastophilis attack the Horse-Courser?
4. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
5. What part does the knight play in Act 4, Scene 1?
6. What does Wagner think about Faustus's actions in Act 5, Scene 1?
7. What happens when the Horse-Courser offers to buy Faustus's horse?
8. In Act 3, Scene 2, why is Mephastophilis summoned, and what happens when he is summoned?
9. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
10. How does Faustus feel during the last hour of his life?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)