|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is Faustus eager to please in Act 4, Scene 3?
(c) The Duke of Vanholt.
(d) The pregnant Duchess of Vanholt.
2. What happens at midnight in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) Devils arrive to take Faustus to hell.
(b) The scholars scream.
(c) Faustus begins praying to God for forgiveness.
(d) Faustus dies.
3. What does Wagner feel that Faustus should be doing at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Visiting family.
(b) Preparing his soul for heaven.
4. Whom does Faustus talk to at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 2?
(d) The Old Man.
5. Where does Faustus say he got the grapes?
(c) Another place in the world where it is summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Faustus summon from the dead in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. What does Mephastophilis do to Robin and Rafe as punishment for meddling?
3. What does Robin do when he grows tired of the Vintner?
4. Why does Faustus send his guests to a different room during the last hour of his life?
5. Where are Carolus and Faustus at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
2. What happens when the Horse-Courser offers to buy Faustus's horse?
3. What does Faustus do when the Pope enters his private chambers?
4. What part does the knight play in Act 4, Scene 1?
5. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
6. What is Faustus's final request?
7. Why does Faustus summon Helen of Troy during the scholars' visit?
8. How does Mephastophilis react to being summoned by Robin and Rafe?
9. Why does Faustus refuse to pray to God in Act 5, Scene 2?
10. How does Faustus react to the Duchess of Vanholt's craving, and why?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)