|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said about Faustus in the Epilogue?
(a) He gains forgiveness from God.
(b) He is evil.
(c) He is still alive.
(d) He is dead.
2. What does Faustus think about during the last hour of his life?
(a) He misses his family.
(b) He regrets his decision to sell his soul to the devil.
(c) He wishes he had slept with more women.
(d) He regrets never marrying.
3. How is the object being carried in Act 3, Scene 2 obtained?
(a) It is found in the trash.
(b) It is bought.
(c) It is received as a gift.
(d) It is stolen from the Vintner.
4. Which Greek god(dess) is alluded to in the Epilogue?
5. Where does Faustus say he got the grapes?
(a) Another place in the world where it is summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mephastophilis warn the Horse-Courser not to do?
2. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do?
3. What does Faustus do when the Horse-Courser leaves?
4. Who does Faustus say retrieved the grapes?
5. Who arrives after Faustus's first guests leave in Act 5, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What part does the knight play in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. What does the Old Man tell Faustus, and how does Faustus respond?
3. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
4. How does Mephastophilis react to being summoned by Robin and Rafe?
5. How does Faustus react to the Duchess of Vanholt's craving, and why?
6. Why does Mephastophilis attack the Horse-Courser?
7. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
8. How does Faustus feel during the last hour of his life?
9. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
10. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1, what does Faustus want, and why?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)