|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Pope react to Faustus's actions?
(a) Crosses himself.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Hides behind a curtain.
2. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
(a) Because the Horse-Courser gives him more money.
(b) Because Faustus hopes God will forgive him if he acts morally.
(c) Faustus does not allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully.
(d) Because the Horse-Courser asks nicely.
3. How do the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt feel about Faustus's feat?
4. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
5. What does Faustus tell the Horse-Courser not to do?
(a) Sell the horse to someone else.
(b) Take the horse into water.
(c) Talk directly to Mephastophilis.
(d) Yell at the horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
2. Where does Faustus say he got the grapes?
3. What does Mephastophilis do to Robin and Rafe as punishment for meddling?
4. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick on his subject?
5. What does Faustus speak of after talking to the Old Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Horse-Courser offers to buy Faustus's horse?
2. Whom does Faustus command to adhere to Carolus's request in Act 4, Scene 4?
3. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
4. Why is the Vintner unable to find the silver goblet?
5. Why does Faustus summon Helen of Troy during the scholars' visit?
6. How does Carolus react to Faustus's feats?
7. What does Faustus do when the Pope enters his private chambers?
8. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1, what does Faustus want, and why?
9. How does Mephastophilis react to being summoned by Robin and Rafe?
10. How does Faustus explain his ability to procure grapes for the Duchess of Vanholt?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)