|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
2. How does Faustus respond to Carolus' request at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He complies.
(c) He leaves angrily.
(d) He refuses.
3. Who appears in the Epilogue?
(b) The Chorus.
4. Who does the Pope think Faustus is?
(c) A demon.
(d) A ghost.
5. Why does Faustus refuse to pray?
(a) Because he is too stubborn and will not repent.
(b) Because he wants to go to hell.
(c) Because he is too tired.
(d) Because he believes he cannot be forgiven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Horse-Courser want when he returns?
2. What does the Duke of Vanholt promise?
3. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
4. What is Faustus's last request?
5. Where does Faustus say he got the grapes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Faustus's final request?
2. Why are the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt impressed by Faustus's ability to procure grapes?
3. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
5. What are Robin and Rafe doing at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
6. What does Wagner think about Faustus's actions in Act 5, Scene 1?
7. Why does Mephastophilis attack the Horse-Courser?
8. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1, what does Faustus want, and why?
9. How does Faustus explain his ability to procure grapes for the Duchess of Vanholt?
10. What important allusions are used in the Epilogue, and what do they signify?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)