|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the protagonist of this play?
2. Why does the new arrival in Act 4, Scene 1 approach Faustus?
(a) Borrow Mephastophilis to act as his servant.
(b) Buy Faustus's horse.
(c) Steal Faustus's money.
(d) Fight Faustus.
3. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Waiting to meet the Pope.
(b) Signing Faustus's contract with Lucifer.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Preparing to return to Wittenberg.
4. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick on his subject?
(a) It amuses Carolus greatly.
(b) Carolus is angry.
(c) Carolus thinks Faustus is insolent.
(d) It increases Faustus's standing in Carolus's eyes.
5. Why does Faustus make his odd request in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Because he is hungry.
(b) So that he can do whatever he pleases.
(c) Because he is curious.
(d) Because he has heard how beautiful Helen of Troy is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Faustus say retrieved the grapes?
2. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
3. Where is Faustus, according to the Epilogue?
4. What does Mephastophilis warn the Horse-Courser not to do?
5. Why does Faustus refuse to pray?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)