|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being carried as Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
(a) A candle stick.
(b) A silver goblet.
(d) A book.
2. What does Faustus do when the Horse-Courser leaves?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Argues with Mephastophilis.
(c) Eats dinner.
(d) Leaves quickly.
3. Who is waiting in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Faustus and Mephastophilis.
(b) The Good Angel and the Bad Angel.
(c) The pope and his friars.
(d) Rafe and Robin.
4. Why does the new arrival in Act 4, Scene 1 approach Faustus?
(a) Steal Faustus's money.
(b) Fight Faustus.
(c) Borrow Mephastophilis to act as his servant.
(d) Buy Faustus's horse.
5. Which Greek god(dess) is alluded to in the Epilogue?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Faustus talk to at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 2?
2. Why does Robin cast a spell?
3. Who is taken with Faustus in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. What does Faustus ask for instead of his original plan in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. In Act 3, Scene 2, why does Robin summon Mephastophilis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are Faustus and Mephastophilis at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1? What are they doing?
2. What important allusions are used in the Epilogue, and what do they signify?
3. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
4. How does Faustus react to the Duchess of Vanholt's craving, and why?
5. What is Faustus's final request?
6. Why does the Horse-Course return to Faustus?
7. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
8. Why is the Vintner unable to find the silver goblet?
9. Why are the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt impressed by Faustus's ability to procure grapes?
10. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)