|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being carried as Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
(a) A book.
(c) A candle stick.
(d) A silver goblet.
2. Who arrives in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(d) A horse-courser.
3. What does Faustus think about during the last hour of his life?
(a) He misses his family.
(b) He wishes he had slept with more women.
(c) He regrets his decision to sell his soul to the devil.
(d) He regrets never marrying.
4. How do the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt feel about Faustus's feat?
5. What is the Vintner searching for?
(a) His money.
(b) His silver goblet.
(c) Helen of Troy.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Faustus eager to please in Act 4, Scene 3?
2. What does Mephastophilis warn the Horse-Courser not to do?
3. How does the Vintner feel about Robin and Rafe?
4. What does the Duke of Vanholt promise?
5. Who does the Pope think Faustus is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
2. What important allusions are used in the Epilogue, and what do they signify?
3. Why does Faustus summon Helen of Troy during the scholars' visit?
4. Whom does Faustus command to adhere to Carolus's request in Act 4, Scene 4?
5. What is Faustus's final request?
6. How does Faustus explain his ability to procure grapes for the Duchess of Vanholt?
7. How do the churchmen react to Faustus's invisible actions?
8. How does Carolus react to Faustus's feats?
9. Why are the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt impressed by Faustus's ability to procure grapes?
10. How does Mephastophilis react to being summoned by Robin and Rafe?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)