|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Take him to see hell.
(b) Remove the horns from the knight's head.
(c) Summon Helen of Troy.
(d) Visit again often.
2. Who does Faustus say retrieved the grapes?
(a) A spirit.
(d) Helen of Troy.
3. In Act 3, Scene 2, why does Robin summon Mephastophilis?
(a) To torture the Vintner.
(b) To get him out of jail.
(c) To answer a question.
(d) To procure a book.
4. Who threatens to tear Faustus apart in Act 5, Scene 1?
(c) The Bad Angel.
(d) The Old Man.
5. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Horse-Courser want when he returns?
2. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do?
3. What does Mephastophilis do to Robin and Rafe as punishment for meddling?
4. Where are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
5. When does Faustus claim that he is going to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mephastophilis attack the Horse-Courser?
2. In Act 3, Scene 2, why is Mephastophilis summoned, and what happens when he is summoned?
3. Why does the Horse-Course return to Faustus?
4. What is Faustus's final request?
5. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
6. Why is the Vintner unable to find the silver goblet?
7. How do the churchmen react to Faustus's invisible actions?
8. What does Wagner think about Faustus's actions in Act 5, Scene 1?
9. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
10. Why does Faustus refuse to pray to God in Act 5, Scene 2?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)