|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wagner believe that Faustus is preparing to die?
(a) Faustus gave Wagner all of his possessions.
(b) Wagner does not believe that Faustus is preparing to die.
(c) Faustus has been praying lately.
(d) Faustus refuses to see anyone.
2. What is odd about Faustus's feat in Act 4, Scene 3?
(b) He does it for someone else.
(c) He reads the Duchess of Vanholt's mind.
(d) There are no grapes available anywhere because it is the middle of winter.
3. Who does Faustus say retrieved the grapes?
(a) Helen of Troy.
(b) A spirit.
4. What does the Duke of Vanholt promise?
(a) To find a wife for Faustus.
(b) To never forget Faustus.
(c) To invite Faustus to visit again soon.
(d) To reward Faustus for his feat.
5. What does Faustus do when the Horse-Courser leaves?
(a) Argues with Mephastophilis.
(b) Leaves quickly.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Eats dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Carolus and Faustus at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
2. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
3. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick?
4. Who is cynical of Faustus's abilities?
5. What is said about Faustus in the Epilogue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Chorus explain in the Epilogue?
2. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
3. How does Faustus react to the Duchess of Vanholt's craving, and why?
4. What happens when the Horse-Courser offers to buy Faustus's horse?
5. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
6. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
7. What does Faustus do when the Pope enters his private chambers?
8. How does Carolus react to Faustus's feats?
9. How does Mephastophilis react to being summoned by Robin and Rafe?
10. What does Wagner think about Faustus's actions in Act 5, Scene 1?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)