|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mephastophilis warn the Horse-Courser not to do?
(a) Eat Faustus's food.
(b) Buy another horse from Faustus.
(c) Wake Faustus up.
(d) Yell at the horse.
2. What is the setting of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Faustus's house.
(b) Carolus's house.
(c) The woods.
(d) The house of the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt.
3. What are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting for at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To go to sleep.
(b) To meet the Pope.
(c) To retrieve Faustus's book.
(d) To eat dinner.
4. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick on his subject?
(a) Carolus thinks Faustus is insolent.
(b) Carolus is angry.
(c) It increases Faustus's standing in Carolus's eyes.
(d) It amuses Carolus greatly.
5. What does Faustus do when the Horse-Courser leaves?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Leaves quickly.
(c) Argues with Mephastophilis.
(d) Eats dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Vintner feel about Robin and Rafe?
2. What does the Old Man want at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
3. What do Robin and Rafe do out of fear of Mephastophilis?
4. What does Faustus do to make the churchmen leave the room?
5. What is odd about Faustus's feat in Act 4, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Faustus explain his ability to procure grapes for the Duchess of Vanholt?
2. What does Wagner think about Faustus's actions in Act 5, Scene 1?
3. How does Mephastophilis react to being summoned by Robin and Rafe?
4. Why does the Horse-Course return to Faustus?
5. How does Faustus feel during the last hour of his life?
6. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
7. What does the Old Man tell Faustus, and how does Faustus respond?
8. Why does Mephastophilis attack the Horse-Courser?
9. Where are Faustus and Mephastophilis at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1? What are they doing?
10. What are Robin and Rafe doing at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)