|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Faustus play a joke on in Act 4, Scene 1?
(b) The cynical knight.
2. Why does Faustus refuse to pray?
(a) Because he is too stubborn and will not repent.
(b) Because he wants to go to hell.
(c) Because he is too tired.
(d) Because he believes he cannot be forgiven.
3. Who enters the room with a large retinue of attendants in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Pope.
(c) Helen of Troy.
4. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) He tells Mephastophilis to do something about him.
(b) He asks the attacker to leave him alone.
(c) He hits his attacker.
(d) He wants the attacker to die.
5. Who is the protagonist of this play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being carried as Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
2. Which Greek god(dess) is alluded to in the Epilogue?
3. When does Faustus claim that he is going to die?
4. What do Mephastophilis and Faustus do to the people singing a dirge at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Who does Faustus say retrieved the grapes?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)