|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which human arrives in the middle of Act 3, Scene 2?
(d) The Vintner.
2. How does the Old Man send the devils away?
(a) With the power of his faith.
(b) He runs away from them because he cannot send them away.
(c) By screaming.
(d) With his intelligence.
3. Why does Robin cast a spell?
(a) Because he wants to escape.
(b) To keep the Vintner from finding the silver goblet.
(c) Because the Vintner says he cannot do it.
(d) Because he wants to try.
4. From where does Mephastophilis retrieve Alexander the Great?
5. Who seizes the Horse-Courser?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said about Faustus in the Epilogue?
2. What does Faustus do when the Pope arrives?
3. What does Robin do when he grows tired of the Vintner?
4. Whom does Faustus talk to at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 2?
5. How does Faustus respond to Carolus' request at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt impressed by Faustus's ability to procure grapes?
2. How does Faustus react to the Duchess of Vanholt's craving, and why?
3. What does the Old Man tell Faustus, and how does Faustus respond?
4. Where are Faustus and Mephastophilis at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1? What are they doing?
5. Why is the Vintner unable to find the silver goblet?
6. How does Faustus explain his ability to procure grapes for the Duchess of Vanholt?
7. Why does the Horse-Course return to Faustus?
8. Why does Mephastophilis attack the Horse-Courser?
9. How does Carolus react to Faustus's feats?
10. What does Faustus do when the Pope enters his private chambers?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)