|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Faustus send to accomplish Carolus' request?
2. Who does Faustus play a joke on in Act 4, Scene 1?
(b) The cynical knight.
3. What does the Duchess of Vanholt have a craving for?
(b) Ice cream.
4. Where was Mephastophilis when Robin and Rafe summoned him?
5. How does the Vintner feel about Robin and Rafe?
(a) He knows that they stole the goblet.
(b) He likes them.
(c) He does not know who they are.
(d) He wants them to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said about Faustus in the Epilogue?
2. Which Greek god(dess) is alluded to in the Epilogue?
3. What is the setting of Act 4, Scene 3?
4. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
5. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1, what does Faustus want, and why?
2. What happens when the Horse-Courser offers to buy Faustus's horse?
3. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
4. In Act 3, Scene 2, why is Mephastophilis summoned, and what happens when he is summoned?
5. Why are the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt impressed by Faustus's ability to procure grapes?
6. What does Faustus do when the Pope enters his private chambers?
7. How does Carolus react to Faustus's feats?
8. Why does Faustus refuse to pray to God in Act 5, Scene 2?
9. How does Faustus feel during the last hour of his life?
10. Whom does Faustus command to adhere to Carolus's request in Act 4, Scene 4?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)