|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the object being carried in Act 3, Scene 2 obtained?
(a) It is received as a gift.
(b) It is stolen from the Vintner.
(c) It is bought.
(d) It is found in the trash.
2. Whom does Faustus send to accomplish Carolus' request?
3. What are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting for at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To eat dinner.
(b) To meet the Pope.
(c) To retrieve Faustus's book.
(d) To go to sleep.
4. In Act 3, Scene 2, why does Robin summon Mephastophilis?
(a) To answer a question.
(b) To torture the Vintner.
(c) To procure a book.
(d) To get him out of jail.
5. When does Faustus claim that he is going to die?
(c) Next month.
(d) In one year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Vintner searching for?
2. Why does Wagner believe that Faustus is preparing to die?
3. Why does the Horse-Courser return soaking wet?
4. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
5. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick on his subject?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Faustus react to the Duchess of Vanholt's craving, and why?
2. Why does Mephastophilis attack the Horse-Courser?
3. What are Robin and Rafe doing at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
4. How does Carolus react to Faustus's feats?
5. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
6. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
7. Why is the Vintner unable to find the silver goblet?
8. Why are the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt impressed by Faustus's ability to procure grapes?
9. What does Faustus do when the Pope enters his private chambers?
10. Why does Faustus refuse to pray to God in Act 5, Scene 2?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)