|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters with Faustus in Act 5, Scene 1?
(c) Three scholars.
2. What does the Old Man want at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) To see hell.
(b) Helen of Troy for himself.
(c) To die.
(d) To save Faustus.
3. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick?
4. What is Faustus's last request?
(a) He does not make a last request.
(b) To be made king.
(c) To make love to Helen of Troy.
(d) To see God.
5. Who seizes the Horse-Courser?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt feel about Faustus's feat?
2. What is odd about Faustus's feat in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. What does the Duchess of Vanholt have a craving for?
4. What does Wagner feel that Faustus should be doing at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
5. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Old Man tell Faustus, and how does Faustus respond?
2. Why does Mephastophilis attack the Horse-Courser?
3. What important allusions are used in the Epilogue, and what do they signify?
4. Why does the Horse-Course return to Faustus?
5. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
6. Whom does Faustus command to adhere to Carolus's request in Act 4, Scene 4?
7. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1, what does Faustus want, and why?
8. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
9. What happens when the Horse-Courser offers to buy Faustus's horse?
10. How does Faustus explain his ability to procure grapes for the Duchess of Vanholt?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)