|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Faustus send to accomplish Carolus' request?
2. Why does Faustus make his odd request in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) So that he can do whatever he pleases.
(b) Because he is hungry.
(c) Because he has heard how beautiful Helen of Troy is.
(d) Because he is curious.
3. Who arrives after Faustus's first guests leave in Act 5, Scene 1?
(d) An old man.
4. Why does Faustus send his guests to a different room during the last hour of his life?
(a) To get them away from him.
(b) To offer as a sacrifice in exchange for his soul.
(c) To eat dinner.
(d) To pray for him in safety.
5. What does Faustus tell the Horse-Courser not to do?
(a) Take the horse into water.
(b) Yell at the horse.
(c) Sell the horse to someone else.
(d) Talk directly to Mephastophilis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
2. What does Mephastophilis do to Robin and Rafe as punishment for meddling?
3. Where does Faustus say he got the grapes?
4. Who threatens to tear Faustus apart in Act 5, Scene 1?
5. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the churchmen react to Faustus's invisible actions?
2. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
3. Why does Faustus refuse to pray to God in Act 5, Scene 2?
4. Why does Mephastophilis attack the Horse-Courser?
5. How does Carolus react to Faustus's feats?
6. What is Faustus's final request?
7. How does Faustus feel during the last hour of his life?
8. Why are the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt impressed by Faustus's ability to procure grapes?
9. Why is the Vintner unable to find the silver goblet?
10. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)