|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seizes the Horse-Courser?
2. What does Faustus do to make the churchmen leave the room?
(a) Steal the Pope's food.
(b) Laugh very loud.
(c) The churchmen do not leave.
(d) Boxes the Pope's ears.
3. What do Robin and Rafe do out of fear of Mephastophilis?
(a) Apologize to the Vintner.
(b) They are not afraid of Mephastophilis.
(c) Confess to stealing the silver goblet.
(d) Return Faustus's book.
4. What does the Old Man want at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) To save Faustus.
(b) Helen of Troy for himself.
(c) To die.
(d) To see hell.
5. Which Greek god(dess) is alluded to in the Epilogue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robin do when he grows tired of the Vintner?
2. Where was Mephastophilis when Robin and Rafe summoned him?
3. Why does Faustus make his odd request in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Whom does Faustus send to accomplish Carolus' request?
5. How does the Old Man send the devils away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
2. Whom does Faustus command to adhere to Carolus's request in Act 4, Scene 4?
3. How does Faustus react to the Duchess of Vanholt's craving, and why?
4. What does Wagner think about Faustus's actions in Act 5, Scene 1?
5. Where are Faustus and Mephastophilis at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1? What are they doing?
6. Why does Faustus summon Helen of Troy during the scholars' visit?
7. Why does Mephastophilis attack the Horse-Courser?
8. What part does the knight play in Act 4, Scene 1?
9. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
10. How does Carolus react to Faustus's feats?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)