|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick on his subject?
(a) Carolus is angry.
(b) It amuses Carolus greatly.
(c) Carolus thinks Faustus is insolent.
(d) It increases Faustus's standing in Carolus's eyes.
2. What do Mephastophilis and Faustus do to the people singing a dirge at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Beat them.
(b) Hide from them.
(d) Kill them.
3. Who does Faustus play a joke on in Act 4, Scene 1?
(d) The cynical knight.
4. Where is Faustus, according to the Epilogue?
5. Why does Faustus send his guests to a different room during the last hour of his life?
(a) To pray for him in safety.
(b) To eat dinner.
(c) To get them away from him.
(d) To offer as a sacrifice in exchange for his soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Faustus discussing with his guests in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
3. What is Faustus's last request?
4. Who arrives after Faustus's first guests leave in Act 5, Scene 1?
5. Who is taken with Faustus in Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)