|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Faustus's last request?
(a) He does not make a last request.
(b) To make love to Helen of Troy.
(c) To be made king.
(d) To see God.
2. What does the Duchess of Vanholt have a craving for?
(b) Ice cream.
3. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick on his subject?
(a) It amuses Carolus greatly.
(b) It increases Faustus's standing in Carolus's eyes.
(c) Carolus is angry.
(d) Carolus thinks Faustus is insolent.
4. What does Faustus ask for instead of his original plan in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
(b) To meet Helen of Troy.
(c) To be made invisible.
(d) To see hell.
5. Where does Faustus say he got the grapes?
(c) Another place in the world where it is summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mephastophilis and Faustus do to the people singing a dirge at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
3. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
4. Whom is Faustus eager to please in Act 4, Scene 3?
5. Who is waiting in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carolus react to Faustus's feats?
2. How does Faustus feel during the last hour of his life?
3. What is Faustus's final request?
4. What does Faustus do when the Pope enters his private chambers?
5. How does Mephastophilis react to being summoned by Robin and Rafe?
6. Why does Mephastophilis attack the Horse-Courser?
7. Why does the Horse-Course return to Faustus?
8. Why does Faustus refuse to pray to God in Act 5, Scene 2?
9. How do the churchmen react to Faustus's invisible actions?
10. What part does the knight play in Act 4, Scene 1?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)