|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Preparing to return to Wittenberg.
(b) Waiting to meet the Pope.
(c) Signing Faustus's contract with Lucifer.
(d) Reading a book.
2. Why does the new arrival in Act 4, Scene 1 approach Faustus?
(a) Buy Faustus's horse.
(b) Fight Faustus.
(c) Borrow Mephastophilis to act as his servant.
(d) Steal Faustus's money.
3. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick?
4. Why does Robin cast a spell?
(a) Because the Vintner says he cannot do it.
(b) Because he wants to escape.
(c) Because he wants to try.
(d) To keep the Vintner from finding the silver goblet.
5. Who returns to the room, singing a dirge, in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Carolus and Faustus at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
2. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick on his subject?
3. What does Faustus do when the Pope arrives?
4. How is the object being carried in Act 3, Scene 2 obtained?
5. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)