|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) Because the scholars do not like Valdes and Cornelius.
(b) Because they do not care about Faustus.
(c) Because they are also good friends with Valdes and Cornelius.
(d) Because Valdes and Cornelius are magicians and necromancers.
2. Whom is Faustus waiting for in Act 2, Scene 1?
(c) The Good Angel.
(d) The Bad Angel.
3. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) A wax figure.
(b) The fall of Lucifer.
(c) A wax museum.
(d) The fall of Icarus.
4. Why does Mephastophilis refuse to continue discussing God and heaven?
(a) Remembering the happiness of heaven and his time with God is too painful.
(b) Because he is afraid Faustus will back out of his deal with Lucifer.
(c) Mephastophilis does not refuse to discuss God and heaven.
(d) Because Lucifer will punish him.
5. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They need to borrow money.
(b) They lost their keys.
(c) They want his help with Faustus.
(d) They want to have dinner with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Lucifer offer to introduce Faustus?
2. How does Robin's friend feel about Robin's offer?
3. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
4. How does the Clown react to the appearance of the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Faustus's background?
2. What is the meaning behind the allusion of "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue?
3. How does Mephastophilis respond when Faustus questions him about hell, heaven, and God?
4. What do the devils show Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. How does Rafe feel about Robin's book? Why?
6. What do the scholars decide to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
7. Why does Lucifer arrive in Act 2, Scene 3? What happens when Lucifer arrives?
8. How does Faustus feel about the Seven Deadly Sins?
9. What is Robin carrying at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2? Why does it make him happy?
10. What happens when the Good Angel and Bad Angel appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)