|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Faustus that it is not too late to turn back?
(a) The Bad Angel.
(b) The Good Angel.
2. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Why does Mephastophilis refuse to continue discussing God and heaven?
(a) Because Lucifer will punish him.
(b) Mephastophilis does not refuse to discuss God and heaven.
(c) Because he is afraid Faustus will back out of his deal with Lucifer.
(d) Remembering the happiness of heaven and his time with God is too painful.
4. What does Lucifer demand of Faustus in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) That Mephastophilis answer Faustus's questions.
(b) That Faustus resign the contract.
(c) No more questions about God and heaven.
(d) That Faustus meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
5. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who speaks in the Prologue?
3. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Who arrives to vie for Faustus's soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does the Clown agree to do after the devils leave in Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lucifer arrive in Act 2, Scene 3? What happens when Lucifer arrives?
2. What does Wagner do to convince the Clown to yield to his desires?
3. What changes does Faustus make in his studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
4. What do the devils show Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. How do the scholars feel about what Faustus is doing in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
6. How does Rafe feel about Robin's book? Why?
7. What does Robin tell Rafe when Rafe arrives in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. What does Faustus do as a storm draws near?
9. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus consider studying, and why?
10. What does Robin intend to use Faustus's book for?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)