|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
(a) He plans to summon a demon.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He is frightened.
2. Why does Mephastophilis refuse to continue discussing God and heaven?
(a) Because he is afraid Faustus will back out of his deal with Lucifer.
(b) Remembering the happiness of heaven and his time with God is too painful.
(c) Mephastophilis does not refuse to discuss God and heaven.
(d) Because Lucifer will punish him.
3. What does Wagner want to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Sleep with a woman.
(b) Summon Mephastophilis.
(c) Kill Faustus.
(d) Hire the Clown as his servant.
4. Who tells Faustus that he can sleep with any woman on earth from any time?
(d) The Bad Angel.
5. Why does Mephastophilis leave Faustus?
(a) Because Wagner summons him.
(b) Because it is daylight.
(c) Because he is disgusted with the persistent questions about God and heaven.
(d) Because he is tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Faustus that it is not too late to turn back?
2. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who speaks in the Prologue?
4. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
5. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Faustus do as a storm draws near?
2. What does Faustus offer at the end of Act 1, Scene 3? Why does he make this offer?
3. Why do the scholars ask for Faustus, and whom do they ask?
4. How does the Clown feel about Wagner's offer?
5. How does Faustus react to the Good and Bad Angels' fight for his soul?
6. How does Rafe feel about Robin's book? Why?
7. What is the meaning behind the allusion of "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue?
8. What changes does Faustus make in his studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
9. How do the scholars feel about what Faustus is doing in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
10. What does Robin tell Rafe when Rafe arrives in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)