|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
(a) Because they are friends.
(b) To give him advice.
(c) They do not visit Faustus.
(d) To torment him.
2. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) The rector.
3. What does Robin offer his friend?
(a) A chance to use the book.
(b) Money to keep his secret.
(d) A woman.
4. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
(a) In a year.
(c) On the new moon.
(d) Next month.
5. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
(b) The Clown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Robin's book allow him to do?
2. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
5. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Faustus commands Mephastophilis to act as his servant?
2. How does Faustus feel about the Seven Deadly Sins?
3. What happens when the Good Angel and Bad Angel appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Wagner tell the scholars about Faustus?
5. Why do the scholars ask for Faustus, and whom do they ask?
6. What does Faustus do as a storm draws near?
7. What is the meaning behind the allusion of "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue?
8. What do the scholars decide to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
9. What does Faustus think about as he waits in his study for Mephastophilis to return?
10. How does the Clown feel about Wagner's offer?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)