|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
(b) On the new moon.
(c) In a year.
(d) Next month.
2. How does Faustus feel about the benefits of selling his soul?
(b) Like he has betrayed God.
(c) Overjoyed because he can truly enjoy life now.
3. Whom does Mephastophilis return to Faustus with in Act 2, Scene 3?
(c) The Bad Angel.
4. How did Robin obtain the object that he is carrying in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Stole it.
(b) Bought it.
(c) Inherited it.
(d) Found it.
5. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wagner do to convince the Clown to acquiesce to his request?
2. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
4. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
5. What do the first set of books that Mephastophilis gives Faustus allow Faustus to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the devils show Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What is Faustus's background?
3. What is the meaning behind the allusion of "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue?
4. How does the Clown feel about Wagner's offer?
5. How do the scholars feel about what Faustus is doing in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
6. What does Faustus ask for at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
7. Describe Faustus's studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue.
8. Why do the scholars ask for Faustus, and whom do they ask?
9. What does Wagner tell the scholars about Faustus?
10. How does Faustus feel about the Seven Deadly Sins?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)