|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To attend a play.
(b) To find women.
(c) They stay at Faustus's house.
(d) To practice their magical skills.
2. Who is Robin's friend that enters in the middle of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What is Faustus waiting to learn in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) If he should renege on his offer.
(b) If Mephastophilis will kill him.
(c) If Lucifer will accept his offer.
(d) If he is going to be expelled.
4. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They want his help with Faustus.
(b) They want to have dinner with him.
(c) They lost their keys.
(d) They need to borrow money.
5. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Baliol and Belcher.
(b) Wagner and Faustus.
(c) Rafe and Robin.
(d) Mephastophilis and Lucifer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bad Angel tell Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who is the main character in the play?
5. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the scholars decide to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
2. What is the meaning behind the allusion of "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue?
3. What happens when Faustus commands Mephastophilis to act as his servant?
4. What does the Clown do after the devils are gone?
5. How does the Clown feel about Wagner's offer?
6. What does Faustus think about as he waits in his study for Mephastophilis to return?
7. What does Wagner tell the scholars about Faustus?
8. How does Faustus react to the Good and Bad Angels' fight for his soul?
9. How do the scholars feel about what Faustus is doing in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
10. How does Mephastophilis respond when Faustus questions him about hell, heaven, and God?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)