|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He does not know anything about the topic.
(b) He does not want to remember how happy he was.
(c) He hates the topic.
(d) He will be punished if he talks about this topic.
2. What is necromancy?
(a) A relationship with God.
(b) The magical art of raising the dead.
(c) Speaking to the devil.
(d) The art of summoning demons.
3. What does Wagner first offer the Clown as payment for his service?
(b) American dollars.
(c) British pounds.
(d) French crowns.
4. Who tells Faustus that he can sleep with any woman on earth from any time?
(d) The Bad Angel.
5. What is Robin's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
4. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mephastophilis respond when Faustus questions him about hell, heaven, and God?
2. What does Faustus do as a storm draws near?
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus consider studying, and why?
4. What is Faustus's background?
5. What does Robin intend to use Faustus's book for?
6. How does Faustus feel about the Seven Deadly Sins?
7. What do the devils show Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. How do the scholars feel about what Faustus is doing in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
9. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus send Wagner to do, and why?
10. What does Robin tell Rafe when Rafe arrives in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)