Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
(a) On the new moon.
(c) In a year.
(d) Next month.
2. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Give him powers.
(b) Introduce him to Lucifer.
(c) Act as his servant.
(d) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
3. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He does not want to remember how happy he was.
(b) He does not know anything about the topic.
(c) He will be punished if he talks about this topic.
(d) He hates the topic.
4. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
(c) Hell, heaven, and God.
(d) The Good Angel and the Bad Angel.
5. What does Faustus study?
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Faustus use to sign the contract?
2. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
4. What does Wagner want to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What does Faustus consider in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Robin carrying at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2? Why does it make him happy?
2. How does Faustus feel about the Seven Deadly Sins?
3. In Act 3, Scene 2, why is Mephastophilis summoned, and what happens when he is summoned?
4. Why do the scholars ask for Faustus, and whom do they ask?
5. Whom does Faustus command to adhere to Carolus's request in Act 4, Scene 4?
6. What does Robin intend to use Faustus's book for?
7. What do the devils show Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. How does the Clown feel about Wagner's offer?
9. What happens when Faustus commands Mephastophilis to act as his servant?
10. How does Mephastophilis respond when Faustus questions him about hell, heaven, and God?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)