|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wagner first offer the Clown as payment for his service?
(a) French crowns.
(c) British pounds.
(d) American dollars.
2. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Why Faustus is angry with them.
(b) Where Faustus has gone.
(c) Who Mephastophilis is.
(d) Why God made death.
3. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
(a) He plans to summon a demon.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He is tired.
4. Who shows Faustus the things he has sold his soul for?
(a) A series of devils.
(c) The Bad Angel.
5. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Ancient Greece.
(b) Helen of Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bad Angel tell Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Faustus consider in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Whom does Mephastophilis return to Faustus with in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does Robin intend to use the book for?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus consider studying, and why?
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus ask Lucifer, and how does Lucifer respond?
3. How does Rafe feel about Robin's book? Why?
4. How does Faustus feel about the Seven Deadly Sins?
5. What does Wagner tell the scholars about Faustus?
6. What does Robin intend to use Faustus's book for?
7. What does Faustus do as a storm draws near?
8. What is Robin carrying at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2? Why does it make him happy?
9. What are Wagner and the Clown discussing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
10. What happens when Faustus commands Mephastophilis to act as his servant?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)