|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
(b) Next month.
(c) In a year.
(d) On the new moon.
2. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) A wax figure.
(b) The fall of Lucifer.
(c) The fall of Icarus.
(d) A wax museum.
3. Who is Robin's friend that enters in the middle of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They lost their keys.
(b) They want to have dinner with him.
(c) They want his help with Faustus.
(d) They need to borrow money.
5. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He can only hear the demon, not see him.
(b) He is disgusted.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He is excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Clown agree to do after the devils leave in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
3. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
4. Why does Mephastophilis refuse to continue discussing God and heaven?
5. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the devils show Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. How does Mephastophilis react to being summoned by Robin and Rafe?
3. What part does the knight play in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. What does Faustus do when the Pope enters his private chambers?
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus consider studying, and why?
6. Why does Mephastophilis attack the Horse-Courser?
7. How does Faustus feel about the Seven Deadly Sins?
8. What does Faustus offer at the end of Act 1, Scene 3? Why does he make this offer?
9. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
10. In Act 3, Scene 2, why is Mephastophilis summoned, and what happens when he is summoned?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)