|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Robin's friend feel about Robin's offer?
2. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
(a) They work together.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They live together.
3. What is Robin's occupation?
4. What is Faustus waiting to learn in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) If Lucifer will accept his offer.
(b) If he should renege on his offer.
(c) If Mephastophilis will kill him.
(d) If he is going to be expelled.
5. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
(b) Good and Bad Angels.
(c) Valdes and Cornelius.
(d) Wagner and the Clown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Clown react to the appearance of the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
3. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
4. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. How does Robin feel about his new acquisition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the devils show Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. How does the Clown feel about Wagner's offer?
3. How do the scholars feel about what Faustus is doing in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
4. What does the Clown do after the devils are gone?
5. What does Faustus offer at the end of Act 1, Scene 3? Why does he make this offer?
6. Describe Faustus's studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue.
7. What changes does Faustus make in his studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
8. What is Robin carrying at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2? Why does it make him happy?
9. Why does Lucifer arrive in Act 2, Scene 3? What happens when Lucifer arrives?
10. What is the meaning behind the allusion of "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)