|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Wagner and Faustus.
(b) Rafe and Robin.
(c) Mephastophilis and Lucifer.
(d) Baliol and Belcher.
3. How did Robin obtain the object that he is carrying in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Stole it.
(b) Found it.
(c) Inherited it.
(d) Bought it.
4. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) They are alarmed.
(b) They do not care.
(c) They do not want to be friends with Faustus anymore.
(d) They are happy.
5. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
(a) That Faustus is performing magic again.
(b) That Faustus is quitting school.
(c) That Faustus is stupid.
(d) That Faustus has made a deal with the devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
2. How does Robin feel about his new acquisition?
3. What do the first set of books that Mephastophilis gives Faustus allow Faustus to do?
4. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Faustus's background?
2. What does Faustus offer at the end of Act 1, Scene 3? Why does he make this offer?
3. What is the meaning behind the allusion of "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue?
4. Why does Lucifer arrive in Act 2, Scene 3? What happens when Lucifer arrives?
5. Describe Faustus's studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue.
6. What do the devils show Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. What does Faustus think about as he waits in his study for Mephastophilis to return?
8. What happens when Faustus commands Mephastophilis to act as his servant?
9. How does Mephastophilis respond when Faustus questions him about hell, heaven, and God?
10. What does Robin tell Rafe when Rafe arrives in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)