|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus consider in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Killing himself.
(b) Asking to meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
(c) Praying for forgiveness.
(d) Backing out of his deal with the devil.
2. What is Faustus waiting to learn in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) If Lucifer will accept his offer.
(b) If he should renege on his offer.
(c) If Mephastophilis will kill him.
(d) If he is going to be expelled.
3. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
(a) He attempts to negotiate his rates.
(b) He does not hear Wagner's offer.
(c) He is not interested in the job.
(d) He is eager to accept Wagner's offer.
4. How does Robin feel about his new acquisition?
5. Whom is Faustus waiting for in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) The Bad Angel.
(c) The Good Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robin's occupation?
2. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
5. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Faustus think about as he waits in his study for Mephastophilis to return?
2. What does Robin intend to use Faustus's book for?
3. What happens after the Angels leave in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Faustus offer at the end of Act 1, Scene 3? Why does he make this offer?
5. Why does Lucifer arrive in Act 2, Scene 3? What happens when Lucifer arrives?
6. What do the devils show Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. Why do the scholars ask for Faustus, and whom do they ask?
8. How do the scholars feel about what Faustus is doing in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
9. How does Faustus feel about the Seven Deadly Sins?
10. What does the Clown do after the devils are gone?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)