|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robin carrying?
(a) A silver goblet.
(b) A devil.
(c) A book.
(d) A woman.
2. How does Faustus do in his studies?
(a) Financially well.
(c) Very poorly.
(d) He quits.
3. How did Robin obtain the object that he is carrying in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Found it.
(b) Bought it.
(c) Inherited it.
(d) Stole it.
4. Why does Mephastophilis refuse to continue discussing God and heaven?
(a) Mephastophilis does not refuse to discuss God and heaven.
(b) Because Lucifer will punish him.
(c) Remembering the happiness of heaven and his time with God is too painful.
(d) Because he is afraid Faustus will back out of his deal with Lucifer.
5. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
(a) He does not hear Wagner's offer.
(b) He attempts to negotiate his rates.
(c) He is not interested in the job.
(d) He is eager to accept Wagner's offer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is necromancy?
2. Who arrives to vie for Faustus's soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus decide after considering whether he should repent?
5. What is the Clown's condition for agreeing to Wagner's request?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes does Faustus make in his studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
2. How does Faustus react to the Good and Bad Angels' fight for his soul?
3. What is Robin carrying at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2? Why does it make him happy?
4. What happens when Mephastophilis returns in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What do the scholars decide to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
6. What does Robin intend to use Faustus's book for?
7. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus consider studying, and why?
8. What happens when the Good Angel and Bad Angel appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. What does Faustus ask for at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
10. What does the Clown do after the devils are gone?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)