|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Clown beg Wagner to do about the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Summon Helen of Troy.
(b) Send them away.
(c) Pay him more.
2. To whom does Lucifer offer to introduce Faustus?
(a) The Seven Deadly Sins.
(b) Helen of Troy.
(d) The Duke of Vanholt.
3. What does the Bad Angel tell Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Reminds him of everything he can get out of his deal with the devil.
(b) That he will go to hell if he does not back out of his deal.
(d) That he should turn back from his deal.
4. What does Robin intend to use the book for?
(a) To make thunderstorms.
(b) To make women dance naked in front of him and pleasure him.
(c) To find a wife.
(d) To offer his soul to Lucifer.
5. What does Robin's friend want to use the book for?
(b) To sleep with a maid he is interested in.
(c) He wants to burn the book.
(d) To make a lot of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks in the Prologue?
2. What is Faustus waiting to learn in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who arrives to vie for Faustus's soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
5. What does the Good Angel advise Faustus?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus ask Lucifer, and how does Lucifer respond?
2. What does Faustus think about as he waits in his study for Mephastophilis to return?
3. What happens when the Good Angel and Bad Angel appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What do the devils show Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What changes does Faustus make in his studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
6. What is the meaning behind the allusion of "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue?
7. What does the Clown do after the devils are gone?
8. Why do the scholars ask for Faustus, and whom do they ask?
9. How does Faustus react to the Good and Bad Angels' fight for his soul?
10. What does Faustus ask for at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)