|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Faustus that he can sleep with any woman on earth from any time?
(c) The Bad Angel.
2. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
5. What is necromancy?
(a) A relationship with God.
(b) The art of summoning demons.
(c) The magical art of raising the dead.
(d) Speaking to the devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus consider in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
3. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
5. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carolus react to Faustus's feats?
2. What are Robin and Rafe doing at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Why are the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt impressed by Faustus's ability to procure grapes?
4. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus ask Lucifer, and how does Lucifer respond?
6. What are Wagner and the Clown discussing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
7. What does the Old Man tell Faustus, and how does Faustus respond?
8. How do the churchmen react to Faustus's invisible actions?
9. What do the scholars decide to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
10. Why do the scholars ask for Faustus, and whom do they ask?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)