|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Robin's friend that enters in the middle of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Where does Faustus go to study?
3. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
4. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Act as his servant.
(b) Give him powers.
(c) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
(d) Introduce him to Lucifer.
5. What will Robin's book allow him to do?
(a) Conjure devils and enchant women to do his bidding.
(b) Control the weather.
(c) Travel to hell and back to earth.
(d) Obtain knowledge of the universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Why does Mephastophilis leave Faustus?
4. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Faustus react to the Good and Bad Angels' fight for his soul?
2. What happens when Faustus commands Mephastophilis to act as his servant?
3. How does Rafe feel about Robin's book? Why?
4. What does Robin intend to use Faustus's book for?
5. What do the devils show Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
6. What does the Clown do after the devils are gone?
7. What is the meaning behind the allusion of "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue?
8. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus send Wagner to do, and why?
9. At the end of Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus ask Lucifer, and how does Lucifer respond?
10. How does the Clown feel about Wagner's offer?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)