|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Act as his servant.
(b) Give him powers.
(c) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
(d) Introduce him to Lucifer.
2. What does Robin's friend want to use the book for?
(a) He wants to burn the book.
(b) To sleep with a maid he is interested in.
(d) To make a lot of money.
3. How does Robin's friend feel about Robin's offer?
4. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
(a) Next month.
(b) In a year.
(d) On the new moon.
5. How does Faustus feel about the benefits of selling his soul?
(a) Like he has betrayed God.
(b) Overjoyed because he can truly enjoy life now.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
2. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. How does the Clown react to the appearance of the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What does the Clown beg Wagner to do about the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Faustus feel about the Seven Deadly Sins?
2. What does Robin intend to use Faustus's book for?
3. How does the Clown feel about Wagner's offer?
4. Why do the scholars ask for Faustus, and whom do they ask?
5. What does Wagner tell the scholars about Faustus?
6. How does Mephastophilis respond when Faustus questions him about hell, heaven, and God?
7. What does Faustus think about as he waits in his study for Mephastophilis to return?
8. How do the scholars feel about what Faustus is doing in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
9. How does Faustus react to the Good and Bad Angels' fight for his soul?
10. What do the scholars decide to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)