|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) They do not want to be friends with Faustus anymore.
(b) They do not care.
(c) They are alarmed.
(d) They are happy.
2. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He does not offer a deal.
(b) In order to have the demon at his beck and call.
(c) He is frightened of Mephastophilis.
(d) He is eager to learn magic.
3. What will Robin's book allow him to do?
(a) Obtain knowledge of the universe.
(b) Control the weather.
(c) Travel to hell and back to earth.
(d) Conjure devils and enchant women to do his bidding.
4. Why does Mephastophilis leave Faustus?
(a) Because he is disgusted with the persistent questions about God and heaven.
(b) Because it is daylight.
(c) Because he is tired.
(d) Because Wagner summons him.
5. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Whether to get married.
(b) Whether to quit school.
(c) Which way to turn his studies.
(d) Which friend to ask for advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robin carrying?
2. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
3. What must Faustus use to sign the contract?
4. Why does Mephastophilis refuse to continue discussing God and heaven?
5. When does Robin first appear in "Dr. Faustus"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wagner do to convince the Clown to yield to his desires?
2. What does Faustus offer at the end of Act 1, Scene 3? Why does he make this offer?
3. What happens when Faustus commands Mephastophilis to act as his servant?
4. What does Robin tell Rafe when Rafe arrives in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why does Lucifer arrive in Act 2, Scene 3? What happens when Lucifer arrives?
6. What does Robin intend to use Faustus's book for?
7. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus consider studying, and why?
8. What is Faustus's background?
9. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus send Wagner to do, and why?
10. What does Faustus ask for at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)