|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robin's friend want to use the book for?
(a) To sleep with a maid he is interested in.
(b) To make a lot of money.
(c) He wants to burn the book.
2. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The rector.
3. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He will be punished if he talks about this topic.
(b) He does not want to remember how happy he was.
(c) He hates the topic.
(d) He does not know anything about the topic.
4. What must Faustus use to sign the contract?
(a) A chicken's blood.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A pen.
(d) His blood.
5. Where does Faustus go to study?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robin offer his friend?
2. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
3. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
4. What is Robin's occupation?
5. What does the Clown beg Wagner to do about the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robin tell Rafe when Rafe arrives in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Why does Lucifer arrive in Act 2, Scene 3? What happens when Lucifer arrives?
3. What is Faustus's background?
4. What does Faustus do as a storm draws near?
5. What does Wagner tell the scholars about Faustus?
6. How does the Clown feel about Wagner's offer?
7. What does the Clown do after the devils are gone?
8. What changes does Faustus make in his studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
9. What is the meaning behind the allusion of "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue?
10. What happens when Mephastophilis returns in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)