|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Faustus summon from the dead in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Alexander the Great.
(b) King Arthur.
(c) Helen of Troy.
2. What is the Vintner searching for?
(a) His money.
(b) His silver goblet.
(c) A book.
(d) Helen of Troy.
3. In Act 3, Scene 2, why does Robin summon Mephastophilis?
(a) To torture the Vintner.
(b) To answer a question.
(c) To get him out of jail.
(d) To procure a book.
4. Why does Faustus refuse to pray?
(a) Because he is too tired.
(b) Because he is too stubborn and will not repent.
(c) Because he believes he cannot be forgiven.
(d) Because he wants to go to hell.
5. Who seizes the Horse-Courser?
6. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Visit again often.
(b) Summon Helen of Troy.
(c) Take him to see hell.
(d) Remove the horns from the knight's head.
7. What does Faustus do when the Horse-Courser leaves?
(a) Argues with Mephastophilis.
(b) Eats dinner.
(c) Leaves quickly.
(d) Goes to sleep.
8. Where are Carolus and Faustus at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) At breakfast.
(b) At dinner.
(c) In hell.
(d) At the theater.
9. What is the setting of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) The house of the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt.
(b) Faustus's house.
(c) The woods.
(d) Carolus's house.
10. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) He asks the attacker to leave him alone.
(b) He hits his attacker.
(c) He tells Mephastophilis to do something about him.
(d) He wants the attacker to die.
11. Where is Faustus, according to the Epilogue?
12. Who is the protagonist of this play?
13. Why does Wagner believe that Faustus is preparing to die?
(a) Faustus gave Wagner all of his possessions.
(b) Wagner does not believe that Faustus is preparing to die.
(c) Faustus has been praying lately.
(d) Faustus refuses to see anyone.
14. Who threatens to tear Faustus apart in Act 5, Scene 1?
(b) The Bad Angel.
(d) The Old Man.
15. Who enters with Faustus in Act 5, Scene 1?
(d) Three scholars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
2. Which human arrives in the middle of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick on his subject?
4. When does Faustus claim that he is going to die?
5. How does the Old Man send the devils away?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)