|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears in the Epilogue?
(a) The Chorus.
2. What do Robin and Rafe do out of fear of Mephastophilis?
(a) Confess to stealing the silver goblet.
(b) Apologize to the Vintner.
(c) Return Faustus's book.
(d) They are not afraid of Mephastophilis.
3. What does Faustus do when the Pope arrives?
(a) Steals the Pope's food and wine.
(b) Prays to God for forgiveness.
(c) He dies.
(d) Becomes visible.
4. What does Mephastophilis warn the Horse-Courser not to do?
(a) Buy another horse from Faustus.
(b) Wake Faustus up.
(c) Eat Faustus's food.
(d) Yell at the horse.
5. Why does the Horse-Courser offer Faustus more money?
(a) To sell him another horse.
(b) To command Mephastophilis to let him go.
(c) To allow him to sleep there.
(d) To give him some food.
6. Why does the Horse-Courser return soaking wet?
(a) He rode the horse into water and it disappeared.
(b) He fell off the horse.
(c) It started raining.
(d) The horse spit on him.
7. Why does Robin cast a spell?
(a) Because he wants to escape.
(b) Because the Vintner says he cannot do it.
(c) Because he wants to try.
(d) To keep the Vintner from finding the silver goblet.
8. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Remove the horns from the knight's head.
(b) Visit again often.
(c) Take him to see hell.
(d) Summon Helen of Troy.
9. Which human arrives in the middle of Act 3, Scene 2?
(d) The Vintner.
10. Whom does Faustus send to accomplish Carolus' request?
11. How does Faustus respond to Carolus' request at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) He leaves angrily.
(b) He complies.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He refuses.
12. How does the Pope react to Faustus's actions?
(a) Runs away.
(c) Crosses himself.
(d) Hides behind a curtain.
13. What is the Vintner searching for?
(a) A book.
(b) His money.
(c) Helen of Troy.
(d) His silver goblet.
14. Why does Faustus make his odd request in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Because he has heard how beautiful Helen of Troy is.
(b) Because he is hungry.
(c) So that he can do whatever he pleases.
(d) Because he is curious.
15. Where is Faustus, according to the Epilogue?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is taken with Faustus in Act 4, Scene 3?
2. Who does Faustus say retrieved the grapes?
3. What does Wagner feel that Faustus should be doing at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
4. What is being carried as Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
5. Who returns to the room, singing a dirge, in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)