|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faustus send his guests to a different room during the last hour of his life?
(a) To get them away from him.
(b) To offer as a sacrifice in exchange for his soul.
(c) To eat dinner.
(d) To pray for him in safety.
2. How does the Old Man send the devils away?
(a) By screaming.
(b) He runs away from them because he cannot send them away.
(c) With his intelligence.
(d) With the power of his faith.
3. Where are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The private chambers of the Pope.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At the house of the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt.
(d) At Robin's house.
4. Who appears in the Epilogue?
(a) The Chorus.
5. How is the object being carried in Act 3, Scene 2 obtained?
(a) It is stolen from the Vintner.
(b) It is received as a gift.
(c) It is bought.
(d) It is found in the trash.
6. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Take him to see hell.
(b) Remove the horns from the knight's head.
(c) Summon Helen of Troy.
(d) Visit again often.
7. Who arrives in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) A horse-courser.
8. Who arrives after Faustus's first guests leave in Act 5, Scene 1?
(d) An old man.
9. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Summon Alexander the Great.
(b) Summon Helen of Troy.
(c) Get the best grapes that the Duchess of Vanholt has ever tasted.
(d) Kill the Duke of Vanholt.
10. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick on his subject?
(a) It amuses Carolus greatly.
(b) It increases Faustus's standing in Carolus's eyes.
(c) Carolus thinks Faustus is insolent.
(d) Carolus is angry.
11. What is Faustus discussing with his guests in Act 5, Scene 1?
(c) The fine ladies in the world.
12. What does Faustus do to make the churchmen leave the room?
(a) Boxes the Pope's ears.
(b) Laugh very loud.
(c) Steal the Pope's food.
(d) The churchmen do not leave.
13. Where does Faustus say he got the grapes?
(c) Another place in the world where it is summer.
14. What do Robin and Rafe do out of fear of Mephastophilis?
(a) Apologize to the Vintner.
(b) Return Faustus's book.
(c) They are not afraid of Mephastophilis.
(d) Confess to stealing the silver goblet.
15. What does the Old Man want at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) To save Faustus.
(b) Helen of Troy for himself.
(c) To see hell.
(d) To die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said about Faustus in the Epilogue?
2. What do Mephastophilis and Faustus do to the people singing a dirge at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Faustus think about during the last hour of his life?
4. Whom does Faustus summon from the dead in Act 5, Scene 1?
5. Who seizes the Horse-Courser?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)