|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Faustus's last request?
(a) He does not make a last request.
(b) To be made king.
(c) To make love to Helen of Troy.
(d) To see God.
2. What does Robin do when he grows tired of the Vintner?
(a) Tells the Vintner to leave.
(b) Reads a passage from Faustus's book.
(c) Confesses to stealing the silver goblet.
(d) Runs away.
3. What does Faustus do to make the churchmen leave the room?
(a) Laugh very loud.
(b) Boxes the Pope's ears.
(c) The churchmen do not leave.
(d) Steal the Pope's food.
4. What is being carried as Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
(a) A silver goblet.
(b) A candle stick.
(d) A book.
5. Who is cynical of Faustus's abilities?
(b) The Duke of Vanholt.
(c) The Duchess of Vanholt.
(d) A knight.
6. Who does Faustus say retrieved the grapes?
(c) A spirit.
(d) Helen of Troy.
7. What is the setting of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Carolus's house.
(b) The house of the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt.
(c) The woods.
(d) Faustus's house.
8. What does the Old Man want at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Helen of Troy for himself.
(b) To save Faustus.
(c) To die.
(d) To see hell.
9. Why does the Chorus say that Faustus was damned?
(a) He wanted too much from life.
(b) He was not damned.
(c) He was a murderer.
(d) He hated everyone.
10. How does the Vintner feel about Robin and Rafe?
(a) He does not know who they are.
(b) He wants them to die.
(c) He likes them.
(d) He knows that they stole the goblet.
11. How does the Old Man send the devils away?
(a) With the power of his faith.
(b) With his intelligence.
(c) By screaming.
(d) He runs away from them because he cannot send them away.
12. Who does Faustus play a joke on in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) The cynical knight.
13. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do?
(a) Describe hell.
(b) Produce a spirit.
(c) Summon Mephastophilis.
(d) Loan him money.
14. How is the object being carried in Act 3, Scene 2 obtained?
(a) It is received as a gift.
(b) It is bought.
(c) It is found in the trash.
(d) It is stolen from the Vintner.
15. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Crying about his damnation.
(b) Carousing and drinking heavily at a feast.
(c) Praying for forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus do when the Horse-Courser leaves?
2. Who enters the room with a large retinue of attendants in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Why does Faustus make his odd request in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What does the Horse-Courser want when he returns?
5. Who returns to the room, singing a dirge, in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)