|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being carried as Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
(a) A silver goblet.
(b) A book.
(c) A candle stick.
2. What do Robin and Rafe do out of fear of Mephastophilis?
(a) Apologize to the Vintner.
(b) Confess to stealing the silver goblet.
(c) Return Faustus's book.
(d) They are not afraid of Mephastophilis.
3. Who is cynical of Faustus's abilities?
(b) The Duke of Vanholt.
(c) The Duchess of Vanholt.
(d) A knight.
4. What does Faustus think about during the last hour of his life?
(a) He regrets never marrying.
(b) He regrets his decision to sell his soul to the devil.
(c) He wishes he had slept with more women.
(d) He misses his family.
5. How does the Old Man send the devils away?
(a) With the power of his faith.
(b) By screaming.
(c) With his intelligence.
(d) He runs away from them because he cannot send them away.
6. What does Faustus tell the Horse-Courser not to do?
(a) Take the horse into water.
(b) Talk directly to Mephastophilis.
(c) Sell the horse to someone else.
(d) Yell at the horse.
7. What is odd about Faustus's feat in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) He does it for someone else.
(b) There are no grapes available anywhere because it is the middle of winter.
(d) He reads the Duchess of Vanholt's mind.
8. Who enters the room with a large retinue of attendants in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Helen of Troy.
(d) The Pope.
9. Who arrives in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(b) A horse-courser.
10. Who is the protagonist of this play?
11. What does Carolus promise Faustus in Act 4, Scene 1 after Faustus adheres to Carolus' request?
(b) A great reward.
(c) A kingdom.
(d) A wife.
12. How does the Vintner feel about Robin and Rafe?
(a) He wants them to die.
(b) He likes them.
(c) He knows that they stole the goblet.
(d) He does not know who they are.
13. When does Faustus claim that he is going to die?
(a) In one year.
(b) Next month.
14. Which human arrives in the middle of Act 3, Scene 2?
(c) The Vintner.
15. Who does the Pope think Faustus is?
(b) A demon.
(c) A ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is awestruck at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
2. In Act 3, Scene 2, why does Robin summon Mephastophilis?
3. Where is Faustus, according to the Epilogue?
4. What is Faustus's last request?
5. Where was Mephastophilis when Robin and Rafe summoned him?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)