|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears when Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
(a) Robin and Rafe.
2. What is said about Faustus in the Epilogue?
(a) He is evil.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is still alive.
(d) He gains forgiveness from God.
3. How does Faustus respond to Carolus' request at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He leaves angrily.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He complies.
4. Whom does Faustus summon from the dead in Act 5, Scene 1?
(b) Alexander the Great.
(c) Helen of Troy.
(d) King Arthur.
5. What does Faustus speak of after talking to the Old Man?
(a) His friends.
(b) God and forgiveness.
(c) His pending death.
6. Who is awestruck at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) The Duchess of Vanholt.
(d) The Duke of Vanholt.
7. Which human arrives in the middle of Act 3, Scene 2?
(d) The Vintner.
8. How does the Pope react to Faustus's actions?
(b) Hides behind a curtain.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Crosses himself.
9. Who seizes the Horse-Courser?
10. Which Greek god(dess) is alluded to in the Epilogue?
11. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Signing Faustus's contract with Lucifer.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Waiting to meet the Pope.
(d) Preparing to return to Wittenberg.
12. Who is the protagonist of this play?
13. Why does the Horse-Courser offer Faustus more money?
(a) To give him some food.
(b) To allow him to sleep there.
(c) To command Mephastophilis to let him go.
(d) To sell him another horse.
14. What does the Horse-Courser want when he returns?
(a) To be taught how to summon demons.
(b) To take a nap.
(c) A different horse.
(d) A refund.
15. What does the Duke of Vanholt promise?
(a) To reward Faustus for his feat.
(b) To invite Faustus to visit again soon.
(c) To find a wife for Faustus.
(d) To never forget Faustus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do?
2. Who is cynical of Faustus's abilities?
3. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
4. What does Faustus do when the Horse-Courser leaves?
5. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do in Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)