Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Faustus send to accomplish Carolus' request?
2. What is the Vintner searching for?
(a) A book.
(b) His money.
(c) Helen of Troy.
(d) His silver goblet.
3. What are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting for at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To retrieve Faustus's book.
(b) To go to sleep.
(c) To meet the Pope.
(d) To eat dinner.
4. Who is cynical of Faustus's abilities?
(a) The Duke of Vanholt.
(b) The Duchess of Vanholt.
(d) A knight.
5. What does the Horse-Courser want when he returns?
(a) To take a nap.
(b) A different horse.
(c) A refund.
(d) To be taught how to summon demons.
6. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick?
7. What do Mephastophilis and Faustus do to the people singing a dirge at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Hide from them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Beat them.
8. What is odd about Faustus's feat in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) He reads the Duchess of Vanholt's mind.
(b) There are no grapes available anywhere because it is the middle of winter.
(c) He does it for someone else.
9. What does Mephastophilis do to Robin and Rafe as punishment for meddling?
(a) Sends them to hell.
(b) Kills them.
(c) Turns them into an ape and a dog.
(d) Beats them.
10. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Visit again often.
(b) Remove the horns from the knight's head.
(c) Summon Helen of Troy.
(d) Take him to see hell.
11. Who arrives after Faustus's first guests leave in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) An old man.
12. What does the Duke of Vanholt promise?
(a) To reward Faustus for his feat.
(b) To invite Faustus to visit again soon.
(c) To find a wife for Faustus.
(d) To never forget Faustus.
13. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick on his subject?
(a) It amuses Carolus greatly.
(b) Carolus thinks Faustus is insolent.
(c) Carolus is angry.
(d) It increases Faustus's standing in Carolus's eyes.
14. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
15. Where is Faustus, according to the Epilogue?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the object being carried in Act 3, Scene 2 obtained?
2. How do the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt feel about Faustus's feat?
3. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
4. What is said about Faustus in the Epilogue?
5. Why does Wagner believe that Faustus is preparing to die?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)