|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
2. What are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting for at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To eat dinner.
(b) To meet the Pope.
(c) To retrieve Faustus's book.
(d) To go to sleep.
3. Who enters with Faustus in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Three scholars.
4. Why does Faustus send his guests to a different room during the last hour of his life?
(a) To offer as a sacrifice in exchange for his soul.
(b) To pray for him in safety.
(c) To eat dinner.
(d) To get them away from him.
5. Who arrives after Faustus's first guests leave in Act 5, Scene 1?
(d) An old man.
6. Whom does Faustus send to accomplish Carolus' request?
7. What is the Vintner searching for?
(a) His silver goblet.
(b) A book.
(c) Helen of Troy.
(d) His money.
8. Which Greek god(dess) is alluded to in the Epilogue?
9. What does Carolus promise Faustus in Act 4, Scene 1 after Faustus adheres to Carolus' request?
(b) A kingdom.
(c) A great reward.
(d) A wife.
10. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Summon Helen of Troy.
(b) Kill the Duke of Vanholt.
(c) Summon Alexander the Great.
(d) Get the best grapes that the Duchess of Vanholt has ever tasted.
11. What does the Old Man want at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) To save Faustus.
(b) To die.
(c) To see hell.
(d) Helen of Troy for himself.
12. How do the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt feel about Faustus's feat?
13. Who does the Pope think Faustus is?
(b) A demon.
(c) A ghost.
14. When does Faustus claim that he is going to die?
(c) Next month.
(d) In one year.
15. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do?
(a) Describe hell.
(b) Summon Mephastophilis.
(c) Loan him money.
(d) Produce a spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Faustus say retrieved the grapes?
2. Who does Faustus play a joke on in Act 4, Scene 1?
3. Who returns to the room, singing a dirge, in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
5. What is Faustus's last request?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)