|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Kill the Duke of Vanholt.
(b) Get the best grapes that the Duchess of Vanholt has ever tasted.
(c) Summon Alexander the Great.
(d) Summon Helen of Troy.
2. Who is awestruck at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
(b) The Duchess of Vanholt.
(c) The Duke of Vanholt.
3. How is the object being carried in Act 3, Scene 2 obtained?
(a) It is bought.
(b) It is received as a gift.
(c) It is found in the trash.
(d) It is stolen from the Vintner.
4. In Act 3, Scene 2, why does Robin summon Mephastophilis?
(a) To procure a book.
(b) To answer a question.
(c) To get him out of jail.
(d) To torture the Vintner.
5. What does Faustus ask for instead of his original plan in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
(b) To be made invisible.
(c) To meet Helen of Troy.
(d) To see hell.
6. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) He asks the attacker to leave him alone.
(b) He hits his attacker.
(c) He wants the attacker to die.
(d) He tells Mephastophilis to do something about him.
7. How does the Vintner feel about Robin and Rafe?
(a) He knows that they stole the goblet.
(b) He likes them.
(c) He wants them to die.
(d) He does not know who they are.
8. From where does Mephastophilis retrieve Alexander the Great?
9. Whom is Faustus eager to please in Act 4, Scene 3?
(b) The pregnant Duchess of Vanholt.
(c) The Duke of Vanholt.
10. What happens at midnight in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) Faustus begins praying to God for forgiveness.
(b) Faustus dies.
(c) The scholars scream.
(d) Devils arrive to take Faustus to hell.
11. Which Greek god(dess) is alluded to in the Epilogue?
12. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick on his subject?
(a) It increases Faustus's standing in Carolus's eyes.
(b) Carolus thinks Faustus is insolent.
(c) It amuses Carolus greatly.
(d) Carolus is angry.
13. Why does the Horse-Courser offer Faustus more money?
(a) To command Mephastophilis to let him go.
(b) To give him some food.
(c) To sell him another horse.
(d) To allow him to sleep there.
14. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do?
(a) Produce a spirit.
(b) Summon Mephastophilis.
(c) Describe hell.
(d) Loan him money.
15. Who seizes the Horse-Courser?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
2. Why does Robin cast a spell?
3. What does the Old Man want at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
4. What is being carried as Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
5. What does Faustus do when the Pope arrives?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)