|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Greek god(dess) is alluded to in the Epilogue?
2. What happens at midnight in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) Faustus dies.
(b) The scholars scream.
(c) Devils arrive to take Faustus to hell.
(d) Faustus begins praying to God for forgiveness.
3. Who arrives after Faustus's first guests leave in Act 5, Scene 1?
(d) An old man.
4. In Act 3, Scene 2, why does Robin summon Mephastophilis?
(a) To get him out of jail.
(b) To procure a book.
(c) To answer a question.
(d) To torture the Vintner.
5. How does the Vintner feel about Robin and Rafe?
(a) He knows that they stole the goblet.
(b) He does not know who they are.
(c) He wants them to die.
(d) He likes them.
6. What is Faustus's last request?
(a) To see God.
(b) To be made king.
(c) To make love to Helen of Troy.
(d) He does not make a last request.
7. How does the Old Man send the devils away?
(a) By screaming.
(b) With the power of his faith.
(c) With his intelligence.
(d) He runs away from them because he cannot send them away.
8. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
9. Why does Faustus refuse to pray?
(a) Because he is too tired.
(b) Because he is too stubborn and will not repent.
(c) Because he believes he cannot be forgiven.
(d) Because he wants to go to hell.
10. What is said about Faustus in the Epilogue?
(a) He is evil.
(b) He is still alive.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He gains forgiveness from God.
11. What does the Duke of Vanholt promise?
(a) To never forget Faustus.
(b) To find a wife for Faustus.
(c) To invite Faustus to visit again soon.
(d) To reward Faustus for his feat.
12. What does Faustus speak of after talking to the Old Man?
(a) God and forgiveness.
(b) His pending death.
(c) His friends.
13. What does Wagner feel that Faustus should be doing at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
(c) Preparing his soul for heaven.
(d) Visiting family.
14. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick?
15. What does the Old Man want at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) To save Faustus.
(b) To die.
(c) To see hell.
(d) Helen of Troy for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mephastophilis do to Robin and Rafe as punishment for meddling?
2. Why does the Chorus say that Faustus was damned?
3. Why does the Horse-Courser return soaking wet?
4. What does the Horse-Courser want when he returns?
5. Whom does Faustus talk to at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 2?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)