Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the protagonist of this play?
2. Why does the new arrival in Act 4, Scene 1 approach Faustus?
(a) Borrow Mephastophilis to act as his servant.
(b) Buy Faustus's horse.
(c) Steal Faustus's money.
(d) Fight Faustus.
3. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Waiting to meet the Pope.
(b) Signing Faustus's contract with Lucifer.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Preparing to return to Wittenberg.
4. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick on his subject?
(a) It amuses Carolus greatly.
(b) Carolus is angry.
(c) Carolus thinks Faustus is insolent.
(d) It increases Faustus's standing in Carolus's eyes.
5. Why does Faustus make his odd request in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Because he is hungry.
(b) So that he can do whatever he pleases.
(c) Because he is curious.
(d) Because he has heard how beautiful Helen of Troy is.
6. Who does Faustus say retrieved the grapes?
(b) A spirit.
(d) Helen of Troy.
7. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
8. Where is Faustus, according to the Epilogue?
9. What does Mephastophilis warn the Horse-Courser not to do?
(a) Buy another horse from Faustus.
(b) Wake Faustus up.
(c) Eat Faustus's food.
(d) Yell at the horse.
10. Why does Faustus refuse to pray?
(a) Because he believes he cannot be forgiven.
(b) Because he wants to go to hell.
(c) Because he is too tired.
(d) Because he is too stubborn and will not repent.
11. What does the Duchess of Vanholt have a craving for?
(a) Ice cream.
12. Which human arrives in the middle of Act 3, Scene 2?
(d) The Vintner.
13. What does Faustus speak of after talking to the Old Man?
(a) God and forgiveness.
(b) His friends.
(c) His pending death.
14. What does Faustus do to make the churchmen leave the room?
(a) Laugh very loud.
(b) The churchmen do not leave.
(c) Steal the Pope's food.
(d) Boxes the Pope's ears.
15. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Summon Helen of Troy.
(b) Take him to see hell.
(c) Visit again often.
(d) Remove the horns from the knight's head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
2. What do Robin and Rafe do out of fear of Mephastophilis?
3. What does Wagner feel that Faustus should be doing at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
4. Whom does Faustus send to accomplish Carolus' request?
5. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)