|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Waiting to meet the Pope.
(c) Signing Faustus's contract with Lucifer.
(d) Preparing to return to Wittenberg.
2. In Act 3, Scene 2, why does Robin summon Mephastophilis?
(a) To torture the Vintner.
(b) To procure a book.
(c) To get him out of jail.
(d) To answer a question.
3. What is Faustus's last request?
(a) To be made king.
(b) To make love to Helen of Troy.
(c) To see God.
(d) He does not make a last request.
4. What does Faustus do when the Pope arrives?
(a) Becomes visible.
(b) Prays to God for forgiveness.
(c) He dies.
(d) Steals the Pope's food and wine.
5. When does Faustus claim that he is going to die?
(b) Next month.
(d) In one year.
6. What does Faustus speak of after talking to the Old Man?
(a) His friends.
(c) God and forgiveness.
(d) His pending death.
7. Where are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The private chambers of the Pope.
(b) At the house of the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At Robin's house.
8. Where are Carolus and Faustus at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) In hell.
(b) At breakfast.
(c) At dinner.
(d) At the theater.
9. Who appears when Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
(b) Robin and Rafe.
10. Why does Wagner believe that Faustus is preparing to die?
(a) Faustus refuses to see anyone.
(b) Faustus has been praying lately.
(c) Wagner does not believe that Faustus is preparing to die.
(d) Faustus gave Wagner all of his possessions.
11. Where is Faustus, according to the Epilogue?
12. Why does Faustus make his odd request in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Because he is hungry.
(b) Because he is curious.
(c) Because he has heard how beautiful Helen of Troy is.
(d) So that he can do whatever he pleases.
13. Who seizes the Horse-Courser?
14. Why does the Horse-Courser return soaking wet?
(a) It started raining.
(b) He rode the horse into water and it disappeared.
(c) He fell off the horse.
(d) The horse spit on him.
15. How do the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt feel about Faustus's feat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Old Man want at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
2. Why does Faustus refuse to pray?
3. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick?
4. How does the Old Man send the devils away?
5. Who threatens to tear Faustus apart in Act 5, Scene 1?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)