|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Faustus respond to Carolus' request at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) He leaves angrily.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He complies.
(d) He laughs.
2. How is the object being carried in Act 3, Scene 2 obtained?
(a) It is found in the trash.
(b) It is bought.
(c) It is received as a gift.
(d) It is stolen from the Vintner.
3. What does Carolus promise Faustus in Act 4, Scene 1 after Faustus adheres to Carolus' request?
(a) A great reward.
(b) A kingdom.
(d) A wife.
4. In Act 3, Scene 2, why does Robin summon Mephastophilis?
(a) To torture the Vintner.
(b) To procure a book.
(c) To get him out of jail.
(d) To answer a question.
5. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do?
(a) Produce a spirit.
(b) Loan him money.
(c) Describe hell.
(d) Summon Mephastophilis.
6. Who does Faustus play a joke on in Act 4, Scene 1?
(b) The cynical knight.
7. What does Faustus tell the Horse-Courser not to do?
(a) Yell at the horse.
(b) Talk directly to Mephastophilis.
(c) Sell the horse to someone else.
(d) Take the horse into water.
8. What does Faustus do when the Horse-Courser leaves?
(a) Argues with Mephastophilis.
(b) Goes to sleep.
(c) Eats dinner.
(d) Leaves quickly.
9. What does the Old Man want at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) To die.
(b) To save Faustus.
(c) Helen of Troy for himself.
(d) To see hell.
10. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick?
11. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
(b) Carousing and drinking heavily at a feast.
(c) Crying about his damnation.
(d) Praying for forgiveness.
12. Whom does Faustus send to accomplish Carolus' request?
13. Why does Wagner believe that Faustus is preparing to die?
(a) Wagner does not believe that Faustus is preparing to die.
(b) Faustus gave Wagner all of his possessions.
(c) Faustus refuses to see anyone.
(d) Faustus has been praying lately.
14. Who does Faustus say retrieved the grapes?
(b) Helen of Troy.
(d) A spirit.
15. Who is cynical of Faustus's abilities?
(a) A knight.
(b) The Duchess of Vanholt.
(c) The Duke of Vanholt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus think about during the last hour of his life?
2. What is Faustus's last request?
3. What is the Vintner searching for?
4. Whom does Faustus talk to at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 2?
5. What does Mephastophilis do to Robin and Rafe as punishment for meddling?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)