|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus speak of after talking to the Old Man?
(a) His pending death.
(b) God and forgiveness.
(d) His friends.
2. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Carousing and drinking heavily at a feast.
(b) Crying about his damnation.
(c) Praying for forgiveness.
3. Why does the new arrival in Act 4, Scene 1 approach Faustus?
(a) Borrow Mephastophilis to act as his servant.
(b) Buy Faustus's horse.
(c) Fight Faustus.
(d) Steal Faustus's money.
4. Why does the Horse-Courser offer Faustus more money?
(a) To sell him another horse.
(b) To allow him to sleep there.
(c) To give him some food.
(d) To command Mephastophilis to let him go.
5. Whom does Faustus send to accomplish Carolus' request?
6. Why does Faustus make his odd request in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) So that he can do whatever he pleases.
(b) Because he has heard how beautiful Helen of Troy is.
(c) Because he is curious.
(d) Because he is hungry.
7. How does Faustus respond to Carolus' request at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He complies.
(c) He leaves angrily.
(d) He laughs.
8. Who does the Pope think Faustus is?
(c) A demon.
(d) A ghost.
9. Who is waiting in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Rafe and Robin.
(b) The Good Angel and the Bad Angel.
(c) The pope and his friars.
(d) Faustus and Mephastophilis.
10. What is Faustus discussing with his guests in Act 5, Scene 1?
(c) The fine ladies in the world.
11. What does the Old Man want at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) To save Faustus.
(b) Helen of Troy for himself.
(c) To see hell.
(d) To die.
12. Who is the protagonist of this play?
13. Who arrives in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(c) A horse-courser.
14. What does Faustus do when the Horse-Courser leaves?
(a) Leaves quickly.
(b) Argues with Mephastophilis.
(c) Eats dinner.
(d) Goes to sleep.
15. Who threatens to tear Faustus apart in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) The Bad Angel.
(b) The Old Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the room with a large retinue of attendants in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What does Faustus do when the Pope arrives?
3. What does the Duke of Vanholt promise?
4. What does Faustus tell the Horse-Courser not to do?
5. Why does the Horse-Courser return soaking wet?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)