|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do?
(a) Produce a spirit.
(b) Summon Mephastophilis.
(c) Describe hell.
(d) Loan him money.
2. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
3. What are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting for at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To retrieve Faustus's book.
(b) To eat dinner.
(c) To meet the Pope.
(d) To go to sleep.
4. What is said about Faustus in the Epilogue?
(a) He gains forgiveness from God.
(b) He is still alive.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is evil.
5. Who is cynical of Faustus's abilities?
(a) A knight.
(c) The Duchess of Vanholt.
(d) The Duke of Vanholt.
6. What is the Vintner searching for?
(a) His silver goblet.
(b) His money.
(c) Helen of Troy.
(d) A book.
7. Which human arrives in the middle of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Vintner.
8. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
(b) Praying for forgiveness.
(c) Crying about his damnation.
(d) Carousing and drinking heavily at a feast.
9. How does the Vintner feel about Robin and Rafe?
(a) He knows that they stole the goblet.
(b) He does not know who they are.
(c) He wants them to die.
(d) He likes them.
10. Why does Wagner believe that Faustus is preparing to die?
(a) Wagner does not believe that Faustus is preparing to die.
(b) Faustus has been praying lately.
(c) Faustus gave Wagner all of his possessions.
(d) Faustus refuses to see anyone.
11. Whom does Faustus talk to at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) The Old Man.
12. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) He hits his attacker.
(b) He asks the attacker to leave him alone.
(c) He wants the attacker to die.
(d) He tells Mephastophilis to do something about him.
13. Who seizes the Horse-Courser?
14. What does Mephastophilis do to Robin and Rafe as punishment for meddling?
(a) Turns them into an ape and a dog.
(b) Sends them to hell.
(c) Beats them.
(d) Kills them.
15. Who is waiting in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Faustus and Mephastophilis.
(b) Rafe and Robin.
(c) The pope and his friars.
(d) The Good Angel and the Bad Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
2. Why does Faustus make his odd request in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Mephastophilis warn the Horse-Courser not to do?
4. How does Faustus respond to Carolus' request at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
5. What is Faustus discussing with his guests in Act 5, Scene 1?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)