|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Vintner searching for?
(a) Helen of Troy.
(b) His silver goblet.
(c) His money.
(d) A book.
2. Why does Robin cast a spell?
(a) To keep the Vintner from finding the silver goblet.
(b) Because he wants to try.
(c) Because he wants to escape.
(d) Because the Vintner says he cannot do it.
3. Who appears when Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
(a) Robin and Rafe.
4. How do the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt feel about Faustus's feat?
5. Why does Faustus send his guests to a different room during the last hour of his life?
(a) To get them away from him.
(b) To offer as a sacrifice in exchange for his soul.
(c) To eat dinner.
(d) To pray for him in safety.
6. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) He wants the attacker to die.
(b) He asks the attacker to leave him alone.
(c) He hits his attacker.
(d) He tells Mephastophilis to do something about him.
7. Where are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) At the house of the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt.
(b) The private chambers of the Pope.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At Robin's house.
8. Which Greek god(dess) is alluded to in the Epilogue?
9. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
(a) Because the Horse-Courser asks nicely.
(b) Because Faustus hopes God will forgive him if he acts morally.
(c) Faustus does not allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully.
(d) Because the Horse-Courser gives him more money.
10. In Act 3, Scene 2, why does Robin summon Mephastophilis?
(a) To procure a book.
(b) To get him out of jail.
(c) To torture the Vintner.
(d) To answer a question.
11. Who is awestruck at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) The Duke of Vanholt.
(d) The Duchess of Vanholt.
12. Where was Mephastophilis when Robin and Rafe summoned him?
13. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Summon Alexander the Great.
(b) Get the best grapes that the Duchess of Vanholt has ever tasted.
(c) Kill the Duke of Vanholt.
(d) Summon Helen of Troy.
14. What is the setting of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Faustus's house.
(b) Carolus's house.
(c) The house of the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt.
(d) The woods.
15. How is the object being carried in Act 3, Scene 2 obtained?
(a) It is bought.
(b) It is found in the trash.
(c) It is stolen from the Vintner.
(d) It is received as a gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Pope react to Faustus's actions?
2. What is odd about Faustus's feat in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. Who appears in the Epilogue?
4. Whom does Carolus want to see in Act 4, Scene 1?
5. Where are Carolus and Faustus at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)