|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The private chambers of the Pope.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At the house of the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt.
(d) At Robin's house.
2. What is odd about Faustus's feat in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) There are no grapes available anywhere because it is the middle of winter.
(b) He reads the Duchess of Vanholt's mind.
(c) He does it for someone else.
3. What is the setting of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) The woods.
(b) Carolus's house.
(c) The house of the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt.
(d) Faustus's house.
4. What is said about Faustus in the Epilogue?
(a) He is evil.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He gains forgiveness from God.
(d) He is still alive.
5. Who appears when Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
(d) Robin and Rafe.
6. Why does Faustus make his odd request in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) So that he can do whatever he pleases.
(b) Because he is curious.
(c) Because he has heard how beautiful Helen of Troy is.
(d) Because he is hungry.
7. Who is the protagonist of this play?
8. Who enters with Faustus in Act 5, Scene 1?
(d) Three scholars.
9. What is Faustus's last request?
(a) To make love to Helen of Troy.
(b) To see God.
(c) He does not make a last request.
(d) To be made king.
10. Whom does Faustus summon from the dead in Act 5, Scene 1?
(b) Helen of Troy.
(c) Alexander the Great.
(d) King Arthur.
11. How does Faustus respond to Carolus' request at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He leaves angrily.
(c) He complies.
(d) He refuses.
12. Whom is Faustus eager to please in Act 4, Scene 3?
(b) The pregnant Duchess of Vanholt.
(c) The Duke of Vanholt.
13. What does Faustus think about during the last hour of his life?
(a) He regrets his decision to sell his soul to the devil.
(b) He regrets never marrying.
(c) He misses his family.
(d) He wishes he had slept with more women.
14. Whom does Carolus want to see in Act 4, Scene 1?
(b) Helen of Troy.
(c) Alexander the Great and his paramour.
15. What does the Old Man want at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) To save Faustus.
(b) To die.
(c) Helen of Troy for himself.
(d) To see hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Faustus discussing with his guests in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. How do the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt feel about Faustus's feat?
3. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Who arrives after Faustus's first guests leave in Act 5, Scene 1?
5. Who is awestruck at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)