|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is taken with Faustus in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) The Duke of Vanholt.
(b) The Duchess of Vanholt.
2. What does the Old Man want at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) To save Faustus.
(b) To die.
(c) To see hell.
(d) Helen of Troy for himself.
3. What do Mephastophilis and Faustus do to the people singing a dirge at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Beat them.
(c) Hide from them.
4. Where are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At the house of the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt.
(c) At Robin's house.
(d) The private chambers of the Pope.
5. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) He tells Mephastophilis to do something about him.
(b) He wants the attacker to die.
(c) He asks the attacker to leave him alone.
(d) He hits his attacker.
6. Who seizes the Horse-Courser?
7. Where does Faustus say he got the grapes?
(a) Another place in the world where it is summer.
8. Why does the Horse-Courser return soaking wet?
(a) It started raining.
(b) He fell off the horse.
(c) He rode the horse into water and it disappeared.
(d) The horse spit on him.
9. Where was Mephastophilis when Robin and Rafe summoned him?
10. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
11. Who appears in the Epilogue?
(b) The Chorus.
12. What does Faustus speak of after talking to the Old Man?
(a) His friends.
(b) His pending death.
(c) God and forgiveness.
13. What is said about Faustus in the Epilogue?
(a) He gains forgiveness from God.
(b) He is evil.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is still alive.
14. Who arrives in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(b) A horse-courser.
15. Why does Wagner believe that Faustus is preparing to die?
(a) Wagner does not believe that Faustus is preparing to die.
(b) Faustus gave Wagner all of his possessions.
(c) Faustus has been praying lately.
(d) Faustus refuses to see anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who threatens to tear Faustus apart in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. What does Faustus do when the Pope arrives?
3. What does the Duchess of Vanholt have a craving for?
4. What does Faustus tell the Horse-Courser not to do?
5. When does Faustus claim that he is going to die?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)