|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the object being carried in Act 3, Scene 2 obtained?
(a) It is found in the trash.
(b) It is stolen from the Vintner.
(c) It is bought.
(d) It is received as a gift.
2. Who does Faustus say retrieved the grapes?
(c) Helen of Troy.
(d) A spirit.
3. What does Faustus do to make the churchmen leave the room?
(a) Boxes the Pope's ears.
(b) Steal the Pope's food.
(c) The churchmen do not leave.
(d) Laugh very loud.
4. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Crying about his damnation.
(b) Carousing and drinking heavily at a feast.
(c) Praying for forgiveness.
5. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do?
(a) Produce a spirit.
(b) Summon Mephastophilis.
(c) Describe hell.
(d) Loan him money.
6. What does Faustus do when the Pope arrives?
(a) Steals the Pope's food and wine.
(b) Becomes visible.
(c) Prays to God for forgiveness.
(d) He dies.
7. How do the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt feel about Faustus's feat?
8. What does the Duchess of Vanholt have a craving for?
(b) Ice cream.
9. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Visit again often.
(b) Summon Helen of Troy.
(c) Take him to see hell.
(d) Remove the horns from the knight's head.
10. Why does the Horse-Courser offer Faustus more money?
(a) To command Mephastophilis to let him go.
(b) To allow him to sleep there.
(c) To sell him another horse.
(d) To give him some food.
11. What does Faustus ask for instead of his original plan in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To meet Helen of Troy.
(b) To meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
(c) To be made invisible.
(d) To see hell.
12. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) He asks the attacker to leave him alone.
(b) He wants the attacker to die.
(c) He tells Mephastophilis to do something about him.
(d) He hits his attacker.
13. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Preparing to return to Wittenberg.
(b) Signing Faustus's contract with Lucifer.
(c) Waiting to meet the Pope.
(d) Reading a book.
14. What does the Duke of Vanholt promise?
(a) To invite Faustus to visit again soon.
(b) To reward Faustus for his feat.
(c) To find a wife for Faustus.
(d) To never forget Faustus.
15. What happens at midnight in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) The scholars scream.
(b) Faustus dies.
(c) Faustus begins praying to God for forgiveness.
(d) Devils arrive to take Faustus to hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Faustus eager to please in Act 4, Scene 3?
2. What do Mephastophilis and Faustus do to the people singing a dirge at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Where are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. From where does Mephastophilis retrieve Alexander the Great?
5. How does Faustus respond to Carolus' request at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)