|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is awestruck at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) The Duchess of Vanholt.
(d) The Duke of Vanholt.
2. Where does Faustus say he got the grapes?
(b) Another place in the world where it is summer.
3. Who threatens to tear Faustus apart in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) The Bad Angel.
(c) The Old Man.
4. From where does Mephastophilis retrieve Alexander the Great?
5. Who arrives in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(b) A horse-courser.
6. What does the Duchess of Vanholt have a craving for?
(a) Ice cream.
7. Which human arrives in the middle of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Vintner.
8. Why does Faustus make his odd request in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Because he is curious.
(b) Because he has heard how beautiful Helen of Troy is.
(c) Because he is hungry.
(d) So that he can do whatever he pleases.
9. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) He asks the attacker to leave him alone.
(b) He hits his attacker.
(c) He wants the attacker to die.
(d) He tells Mephastophilis to do something about him.
10. What does Faustus do when the Pope arrives?
(a) Prays to God for forgiveness.
(b) Becomes visible.
(c) Steals the Pope's food and wine.
(d) He dies.
11. Who does the Pope think Faustus is?
(b) A demon.
(d) A ghost.
12. How does the Pope react to Faustus's actions?
(a) Hides behind a curtain.
(b) Crosses himself.
(d) Runs away.
13. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Preparing to return to Wittenberg.
(b) Waiting to meet the Pope.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Signing Faustus's contract with Lucifer.
14. What is Faustus discussing with his guests in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) The fine ladies in the world.
15. What does Faustus speak of after talking to the Old Man?
(a) His pending death.
(b) His friends.
(c) God and forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke of Vanholt promise?
2. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick on his subject?
3. What does Mephastophilis warn the Horse-Courser not to do?
4. What is being carried as Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
5. What is the Vintner searching for?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)