|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Faustus do in his studies?
(a) Financially well.
(c) Very poorly.
(d) He quits.
2. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
(d) The Clown.
3. What is Robin carrying?
(a) A book.
(b) A devil.
(c) A woman.
(d) A silver goblet.
4. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Which way to turn his studies.
(b) Whether to quit school.
(c) Which friend to ask for advice.
(d) Whether to get married.
5. What do the first set of books that Mephastophilis gives Faustus allow Faustus to do?
(a) Control the weather and summon troops of knights.
(b) Go anywhere he wants by thinking about the place.
(c) Control women.
(d) Give him power over all the other demons and knowledge of the universe.
6. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He can only hear the demon, not see him.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He is disgusted.
(d) He is excited.
7. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Introduce him to Lucifer.
(b) Act as his servant.
(c) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
(d) Give him powers.
8. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
(a) Study magic.
(b) Continue his normal studies.
(c) Quit school.
(d) Get married.
9. In Act 2, Scene 2, who owned the object that Robin is carrying before Robin obtained it?
10. What will Robin's book allow him to do?
(a) Travel to hell and back to earth.
(b) Obtain knowledge of the universe.
(c) Conjure devils and enchant women to do his bidding.
(d) Control the weather.
11. Why does Mephastophilis refuse to continue discussing God and heaven?
(a) Because Lucifer will punish him.
(b) Mephastophilis does not refuse to discuss God and heaven.
(c) Because he is afraid Faustus will back out of his deal with Lucifer.
(d) Remembering the happiness of heaven and his time with God is too painful.
12. Whom does Mephastophilis return to Faustus with in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The Bad Angel.
13. Who tells Faustus that he can sleep with any woman on earth from any time?
(c) The Bad Angel.
14. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He will be punished if he talks about this topic.
(b) He does not want to remember how happy he was.
(c) He does not know anything about the topic.
(d) He hates the topic.
15. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) None of these is correct.
(b) To leave Mephastophilis alone if he will answer Faustus's questions about God and heaven.
(c) To trade his soul for 24 years of life with Mephastophilis as his servant.
(d) To pay Mephastophilis for magical books.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Robin first appear in "Dr. Faustus"?
2. Whom is Faustus waiting for in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does the Clown beg Wagner to do about the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
5. How does Robin's friend feel about Robin's offer?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)