|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) They do not want to be friends with Faustus anymore.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are alarmed.
(d) They do not care.
2. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
(a) His family.
3. What does Robin's friend want to use the book for?
(a) He wants to burn the book.
(b) To sleep with a maid he is interested in.
(d) To make a lot of money.
4. What is Robin carrying?
(a) A book.
(b) A devil.
(c) A woman.
(d) A silver goblet.
5. How does Faustus do in his studies?
(a) Financially well.
(b) He quits.
(d) Very poorly.
6. When do Wagner and the Clown enter "Dr. Faustus" together?
(a) At the end of Act 1, Scene 3.
(b) At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4.
(c) At the end of Act 1, Scene 4.
(d) At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1.
7. What must Faustus use to sign the contract?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A pen.
(c) His blood.
(d) A chicken's blood.
8. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Who Mephastophilis is.
(b) Why God made death.
(c) Why Faustus is angry with them.
(d) Where Faustus has gone.
9. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
(a) That Faustus is stupid.
(b) That Faustus is performing magic again.
(c) That Faustus has made a deal with the devil.
(d) That Faustus is quitting school.
10. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
11. Whom is Faustus waiting for in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Bad Angel.
(c) The Good Angel.
12. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
(a) They do not visit Faustus.
(b) To give him advice.
(c) Because they are friends.
(d) To torment him.
13. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
(a) Because of the power it would give him.
(b) Because it sounds fun.
(c) Because Wagner suggests it.
(d) Because it would make his parents proud.
14. Who is Robin's friend that enters in the middle of Act 2, Scene 2?
15. What does the Clown beg Wagner to do about the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Summon Helen of Troy.
(b) Pay him more.
(c) Send them away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus study?
2. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
3. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
4. What does Wagner first offer the Clown as payment for his service?
5. What is necromancy?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)