Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
(a) On the new moon.
(c) In a year.
(d) Next month.
2. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Give him powers.
(b) Introduce him to Lucifer.
(c) Act as his servant.
(d) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
3. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He does not want to remember how happy he was.
(b) He does not know anything about the topic.
(c) He will be punished if he talks about this topic.
(d) He hates the topic.
4. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
(c) Hell, heaven, and God.
(d) The Good Angel and the Bad Angel.
5. What does Faustus study?
6. What must Faustus use to sign the contract?
(a) His blood.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A pen.
(d) A chicken's blood.
7. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Kill the Clown.
(b) Yell at Wagner for summoning them.
(c) Frighten the Clown into submission at Wagner's request.
(d) They refuse to appear.
8. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
(a) An angel.
(b) A book.
(c) A Franciscan friar.
(d) A pretty woman.
9. What does Wagner want to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Summon Mephastophilis.
(b) Kill Faustus.
(c) Sleep with a woman.
(d) Hire the Clown as his servant.
10. What does Faustus consider in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Killing himself.
(b) Praying for forgiveness.
(c) Backing out of his deal with the devil.
(d) Asking to meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
11. What is Faustus waiting to learn in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) If he should renege on his offer.
(b) If he is going to be expelled.
(c) If Lucifer will accept his offer.
(d) If Mephastophilis will kill him.
12. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
(a) To give him advice.
(b) They do not visit Faustus.
(c) To torment him.
(d) Because they are friends.
13. What does Robin intend to use the book for?
(a) To make thunderstorms.
(b) To make women dance naked in front of him and pleasure him.
(c) To offer his soul to Lucifer.
(d) To find a wife.
14. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) The fall of Icarus.
(b) A wax museum.
(c) The fall of Lucifer.
(d) A wax figure.
15. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
(a) The Bad Angel.
(d) The Good Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
2. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is Robin carrying?
4. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)