|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
(a) They are friends.
(b) They live together.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They work together.
2. How does the Clown react to the appearance of the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He dies.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He cries.
(d) He laughs.
3. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The rector.
4. Who shows Faustus the things he has sold his soul for?
(c) The Bad Angel.
(d) A series of devils.
5. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That they are being expelled.
(b) Their question is unanswered.
(c) That Faustus is in class.
(d) That Faustus is at dinner with Valdes and Cornelius.
6. What is the Clown's condition for agreeing to Wagner's request?
(a) Wagner must pay him more.
(b) Wagner must teach him to summon devils too.
(c) Wagner must never summon devils again.
(d) Wagner must introduce him to Helen of Troy.
7. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
(a) He is not interested in the job.
(b) He attempts to negotiate his rates.
(c) He does not hear Wagner's offer.
(d) He is eager to accept Wagner's offer.
8. Who is Robin's friend that enters in the middle of Act 2, Scene 2?
9. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That Lucifer will accept the deal for Faustus's soul.
(b) That Faustus is a fool.
(c) That Lucifer refuses his offer.
(d) That he will answer his questions about God and heaven.
10. What does Faustus study?
11. What does Robin offer his friend?
(a) A woman.
(b) Money to keep his secret.
(d) A chance to use the book.
12. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
(a) Because of the power it would give him.
(b) Because Wagner suggests it.
(c) Because it would make his parents proud.
(d) Because it sounds fun.
13. To whom does Lucifer offer to introduce Faustus?
(a) The Duke of Vanholt.
(b) Helen of Troy.
(c) The Seven Deadly Sins.
14. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
(a) An angel.
(b) A book.
(c) A Franciscan friar.
(d) A pretty woman.
15. Who tells Faustus that he can sleep with any woman on earth from any time?
(c) The Bad Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Faustus use to sign the contract?
2. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
4. In Act 2, Scene 2, who owned the object that Robin is carrying before Robin obtained it?
5. What does Wagner first offer the Clown as payment for his service?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)