|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They need to borrow money.
(b) They want his help with Faustus.
(c) They want to have dinner with him.
(d) They lost their keys.
2. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
(a) Loan them money.
(b) Help them study.
(c) Quit his magical studies.
(d) Quit school.
6. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
(a) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(b) Continue his regular studies.
(c) Study magic.
(d) Become a member of the clergy.
7. What does the Good Angel advise Faustus?
(a) To return home to his family.
(b) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(c) To continue with his regular studies.
(d) To study magic.
8. To whom does Lucifer offer to introduce Faustus?
(b) Helen of Troy.
(c) The Seven Deadly Sins.
(d) The Duke of Vanholt.
9. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
(c) Helen of Troy.
(d) Ancient Greece.
10. How does the Clown react to the appearance of the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He cries.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He dies.
(d) He laughs.
11. What is Robin carrying?
(a) A book.
(b) A devil.
(c) A woman.
(d) A silver goblet.
12. What does Wagner first offer the Clown as payment for his service?
(a) American dollars.
(c) French crowns.
(d) British pounds.
13. When does Robin first appear in "Dr. Faustus"?
(a) In Act 3.
(b) At the end of Act 2, Scene 2.
(c) At the end of Act 2, Scene 1.
(d) At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2.
14. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
(a) He is interested and returns to hell to see if Lucifer will accept the offer.
(b) He tells Faustus it is a bad idea.
(c) He refuses immediately.
(d) He disappears without responding.
15. What does the Clown beg Wagner to do about the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Send them away.
(b) Summon Helen of Troy.
(c) Pay him more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucifer demand of Faustus in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does Robin intend to use the book for?
3. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
4. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
5. How does Robin feel about his new acquisition?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)