|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
(a) On the new moon.
(c) Next month.
(d) In a year.
2. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
(a) The Good Angel.
(b) The Bad Angel.
4. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
(a) Because it would make his parents proud.
(b) Because it sounds fun.
(c) Because Wagner suggests it.
(d) Because of the power it would give him.
5. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He can only hear the demon, not see him.
(d) He is disgusted.
6. What will Robin's book allow him to do?
(a) Travel to hell and back to earth.
(b) Conjure devils and enchant women to do his bidding.
(c) Control the weather.
(d) Obtain knowledge of the universe.
7. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
(a) Continue his regular studies.
(b) Study magic.
(c) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(d) Become a member of the clergy.
8. What is the Clown's condition for agreeing to Wagner's request?
(a) Wagner must introduce him to Helen of Troy.
(b) Wagner must pay him more.
(c) Wagner must teach him to summon devils too.
(d) Wagner must never summon devils again.
9. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
10. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
11. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
(a) Valdes and Cornelius.
(b) Wagner and the Clown.
(c) Good and Bad Angels.
12. What must Faustus use to sign the contract?
(a) A chicken's blood.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A pen.
(d) His blood.
13. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
(a) They live together.
(b) They are enemies.
(c) They work together.
(d) They are friends.
14. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
15. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) The rector.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character in the play?
2. Where does Faustus go to study?
3. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
4. What is Robin carrying?
5. What does Robin intend to use the book for?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)