|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
(a) They are friends.
(b) They work together.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They live together.
2. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
(a) He refuses immediately.
(b) He tells Faustus it is a bad idea.
(c) He is interested and returns to hell to see if Lucifer will accept the offer.
(d) He disappears without responding.
3. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
(a) He goes to the theater to watch a play.
(b) He draws a magic circle around himself.
(c) He hides.
(d) He goes to sleep.
4. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What do the first set of books that Mephastophilis gives Faustus allow Faustus to do?
(a) Go anywhere he wants by thinking about the place.
(b) Control the weather and summon troops of knights.
(c) Control women.
(d) Give him power over all the other demons and knowledge of the universe.
6. What does Wagner first offer the Clown as payment for his service?
(a) American dollars.
(c) British pounds.
(d) French crowns.
7. How does Robin feel about his new acquisition?
8. What must Faustus use to sign the contract?
(a) A pen.
(b) A chicken's blood.
(c) A pencil.
(d) His blood.
9. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
10. Whom does Mephastophilis return to Faustus with in Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) The Bad Angel.
11. When do Wagner and the Clown enter "Dr. Faustus" together?
(a) At the end of Act 1, Scene 3.
(b) At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1.
(c) At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4.
(d) At the end of Act 1, Scene 4.
12. How does Robin's friend feel about Robin's offer?
13. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) They refuse to appear.
(b) Kill the Clown.
(c) Yell at Wagner for summoning them.
(d) Frighten the Clown into submission at Wagner's request.
14. Who tells Faustus that he can sleep with any woman on earth from any time?
(c) The Bad Angel.
15. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. How does the Clown react to the appearance of the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What is necromancy?
5. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)