|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
(a) The Bad Angel.
(c) The Good Angel.
2. What does the Good Angel advise Faustus?
(a) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(b) To return home to his family.
(c) To study magic.
(d) To continue with his regular studies.
3. Why does Mephastophilis refuse to continue discussing God and heaven?
(a) Because he is afraid Faustus will back out of his deal with Lucifer.
(b) Remembering the happiness of heaven and his time with God is too painful.
(c) Mephastophilis does not refuse to discuss God and heaven.
(d) Because Lucifer will punish him.
4. What does Wagner want to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Kill Faustus.
(b) Sleep with a woman.
(c) Hire the Clown as his servant.
(d) Summon Mephastophilis.
5. To whom does Lucifer offer to introduce Faustus?
(b) The Duke of Vanholt.
(c) Helen of Troy.
(d) The Seven Deadly Sins.
6. What does Robin's friend want to use the book for?
(a) He wants to burn the book.
(b) To sleep with a maid he is interested in.
(d) To make a lot of money.
7. What does the Clown agree to do after the devils leave in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Be Wagner's servant.
(b) Go to hell.
(c) Work for Faustus.
(d) Practice magic.
8. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
9. How did Robin obtain the object that he is carrying in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Inherited it.
(b) Found it.
(c) Bought it.
(d) Stole it.
10. Why does Mephastophilis leave Faustus?
(a) Because Wagner summons him.
(b) Because it is daylight.
(c) Because he is tired.
(d) Because he is disgusted with the persistent questions about God and heaven.
11. How does Faustus feel about the benefits of selling his soul?
(a) Overjoyed because he can truly enjoy life now.
(c) Like he has betrayed God.
12. How does Robin's friend feel about Robin's offer?
13. Who speaks in the Prologue?
(b) The chorus.
(c) Good and Bad Angels.
14. Where does Faustus go to study?
15. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Frighten the Clown into submission at Wagner's request.
(b) Yell at Wagner for summoning them.
(c) Kill the Clown.
(d) They refuse to appear.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Clown react to the appearance of the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
3. What do the first set of books that Mephastophilis gives Faustus allow Faustus to do?
4. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)