|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
(a) On the new moon.
(b) Next month.
(d) In a year.
2. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
(a) He is eager to accept Wagner's offer.
(b) He is not interested in the job.
(c) He does not hear Wagner's offer.
(d) He attempts to negotiate his rates.
3. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
(c) The Clown.
4. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Study magic.
(c) Quit school.
(d) Continue his normal studies.
5. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(d) The rector.
6. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) The fall of Icarus.
(b) A wax figure.
(c) The fall of Lucifer.
(d) A wax museum.
7. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That Faustus is a fool.
(b) That Lucifer refuses his offer.
(c) That he will answer his questions about God and heaven.
(d) That Lucifer will accept the deal for Faustus's soul.
8. Who speaks in the Prologue?
(c) The chorus.
(d) Good and Bad Angels.
9. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
(a) They are friends.
(b) They work together.
(c) They live together.
(d) They are enemies.
10. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Rafe and Robin.
(b) Baliol and Belcher.
(c) Wagner and Faustus.
(d) Mephastophilis and Lucifer.
11. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
(a) Because Wagner refuses to pay at all.
(b) It is not offensive.
(c) Because French crowns are devalued to the point of being practically worthless.
(d) Because the Clown does not like Wagner.
12. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Ancient Greece.
(d) Helen of Troy.
13. What is Faustus waiting to learn in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) If he is going to be expelled.
(b) If he should renege on his offer.
(c) If Mephastophilis will kill him.
(d) If Lucifer will accept his offer.
14. What does Faustus study?
15. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Robin first appear in "Dr. Faustus"?
2. What does Lucifer demand of Faustus in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What does the Bad Angel tell Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is Robin carrying?
5. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)