|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Faustus use to sign the contract?
(a) A pen.
(b) His blood.
(c) A pencil.
(d) A chicken's blood.
2. Who tells Faustus that it is not too late to turn back?
(b) The Good Angel.
(c) The Bad Angel.
3. To whom does Lucifer offer to introduce Faustus?
(a) The Duke of Vanholt.
(c) Helen of Troy.
(d) The Seven Deadly Sins.
4. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus decide after considering whether he should repent?
(a) He does not make a decision.
(b) To back out of his deal with Lucifer.
(c) To pray for forgiveness.
(d) He cannot go to heaven anyway so he should just use the devil to obtain all of his earthly desires.
5. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
(b) Give him powers.
(c) Act as his servant.
(d) Introduce him to Lucifer.
6. What does Wagner do to convince the Clown to acquiesce to his request?
(a) Offer him more money.
(b) Beg him.
(c) He does not try to convince the Clown.
(d) Summons two devils.
7. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
(a) Continue his normal studies.
(b) Study magic.
(c) Get married.
(d) Quit school.
8. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He plans to summon a demon.
(d) He is tired.
9. What does Robin intend to use the book for?
(a) To make thunderstorms.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To offer his soul to Lucifer.
(d) To make women dance naked in front of him and pleasure him.
10. What is Faustus waiting to learn in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) If he should renege on his offer.
(b) If he is going to be expelled.
(c) If Lucifer will accept his offer.
(d) If Mephastophilis will kill him.
11. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
(a) Help them study.
(b) Loan them money.
(c) Quit school.
(d) Quit his magical studies.
12. How did Robin obtain the object that he is carrying in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Inherited it.
(b) Stole it.
(c) Found it.
(d) Bought it.
13. In Act 2, Scene 2, who owned the object that Robin is carrying before Robin obtained it?
14. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
15. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) They are alarmed.
(b) They do not want to be friends with Faustus anymore.
(c) They do not care.
(d) They are happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does the Bad Angel tell Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)