|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
(a) He does not hear Wagner's offer.
(b) He is not interested in the job.
(c) He attempts to negotiate his rates.
(d) He is eager to accept Wagner's offer.
2. What does Wagner do to convince the Clown to acquiesce to his request?
(a) Beg him.
(b) Summons two devils.
(c) Offer him more money.
(d) He does not try to convince the Clown.
3. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Good Angel and the Bad Angel.
(d) Hell, heaven, and God.
4. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he will answer his questions about God and heaven.
(b) That Faustus is a fool.
(c) That Lucifer will accept the deal for Faustus's soul.
(d) That Lucifer refuses his offer.
5. What does Robin's friend want to use the book for?
(a) To make a lot of money.
(b) To sleep with a maid he is interested in.
(c) He wants to burn the book.
6. Who tells Faustus that he can sleep with any woman on earth from any time?
(a) The Bad Angel.
7. How does Faustus do in his studies?
(a) Very poorly.
(b) Financially well.
(d) He quits.
8. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He plans to summon a demon.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He is bored.
9. To whom does Lucifer offer to introduce Faustus?
(a) The Duke of Vanholt.
(b) Helen of Troy.
(c) The Seven Deadly Sins.
10. Whom does Mephastophilis return to Faustus with in Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) The Bad Angel.
11. What does Faustus consider in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Asking to meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
(b) Killing himself.
(c) Praying for forgiveness.
(d) Backing out of his deal with the devil.
12. Why does Mephastophilis leave Faustus?
(a) Because he is tired.
(b) Because it is daylight.
(c) Because Wagner summons him.
(d) Because he is disgusted with the persistent questions about God and heaven.
13. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
(a) That Faustus is stupid.
(b) That Faustus is quitting school.
(c) That Faustus has made a deal with the devil.
(d) That Faustus is performing magic again.
14. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
15. What does Robin offer his friend?
(a) A chance to use the book.
(b) Money to keep his secret.
(c) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
2. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
4. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
5. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)