|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. To whom does Lucifer offer to introduce Faustus?
(a) Helen of Troy.
(b) The Duke of Vanholt.
(d) The Seven Deadly Sins.
3. What will Robin's book allow him to do?
(a) Travel to hell and back to earth.
(b) Control the weather.
(c) Obtain knowledge of the universe.
(d) Conjure devils and enchant women to do his bidding.
4. What does Robin intend to use the book for?
(a) To make women dance naked in front of him and pleasure him.
(b) To make thunderstorms.
(c) To offer his soul to Lucifer.
(d) To find a wife.
5. How does Robin feel about his new acquisition?
6. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Kill the Clown.
(b) They refuse to appear.
(c) Frighten the Clown into submission at Wagner's request.
(d) Yell at Wagner for summoning them.
7. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Introduce him to Lucifer.
(b) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
(c) Give him powers.
(d) Act as his servant.
8. Why does Mephastophilis leave Faustus?
(a) Because he is disgusted with the persistent questions about God and heaven.
(b) Because he is tired.
(c) Because Wagner summons him.
(d) Because it is daylight.
9. Where does Faustus go to study?
10. How does Faustus do in his studies?
(a) Financially well.
(c) Very poorly.
(d) He quits.
11. Where does Faustus grow up?
(a) Wittenberg, Germany.
(b) London, England.
(c) Rome, Italy.
(d) Rhodes, Germany.
12. Who tells Faustus that he can sleep with any woman on earth from any time?
(a) The Bad Angel.
13. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Helen of Troy.
(b) Ancient Greece.
14. What is the Clown's condition for agreeing to Wagner's request?
(a) Wagner must introduce him to Helen of Troy.
(b) Wagner must never summon devils again.
(c) Wagner must teach him to summon devils too.
(d) Wagner must pay him more.
15. Who arrives to vie for Faustus's soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The Good and Bad Angels.
(c) God and Lucifer.
(d) The Old Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
2. What does Robin offer his friend?
3. What does the Bad Angel tell Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
5. What does Faustus study?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)