|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
(a) He is not interested in the job.
(b) He does not hear Wagner's offer.
(c) He attempts to negotiate his rates.
(d) He is eager to accept Wagner's offer.
2. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
(a) Because it sounds fun.
(b) Because of the power it would give him.
(c) Because it would make his parents proud.
(d) Because Wagner suggests it.
4. What does the Clown beg Wagner to do about the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Summon Helen of Troy.
(c) Pay him more.
(d) Send them away.
5. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) Helen of Troy.
(c) Ancient Greece.
6. When does Robin first appear in "Dr. Faustus"?
(a) At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2.
(b) In Act 3.
(c) At the end of Act 2, Scene 2.
(d) At the end of Act 2, Scene 1.
7. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
(a) He draws a magic circle around himself.
(b) He hides.
(c) He goes to sleep.
(d) He goes to the theater to watch a play.
8. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Which friend to ask for advice.
(b) Whether to quit school.
(c) Whether to get married.
(d) Which way to turn his studies.
9. Who is Robin's friend that enters in the middle of Act 2, Scene 2?
10. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
(b) The Clown.
11. What is Robin's occupation?
12. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
13. How does Robin feel about his new acquisition?
14. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) To pay Mephastophilis for magical books.
(b) To trade his soul for 24 years of life with Mephastophilis as his servant.
(c) To leave Mephastophilis alone if he will answer Faustus's questions about God and heaven.
(d) None of these is correct.
15. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Who Mephastophilis is.
(b) Why Faustus is angry with them.
(c) Why God made death.
(d) Where Faustus has gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Clown's condition for agreeing to Wagner's request?
2. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
4. What does the Good Angel advise Faustus?
5. What is Faustus waiting to learn in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)