|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives to vie for Faustus's soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) God and Lucifer.
(b) The Old Man.
(c) The Good and Bad Angels.
2. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) The fall of Lucifer.
(b) A wax museum.
(c) A wax figure.
(d) The fall of Icarus.
3. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Where Faustus has gone.
(b) Who Mephastophilis is.
(c) Why God made death.
(d) Why Faustus is angry with them.
4. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
(a) The Bad Angel.
(c) The Good Angel.
5. What does Faustus study?
6. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. Where does Faustus go to study?
8. What does Faustus consider in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Backing out of his deal with the devil.
(b) Killing himself.
(c) Praying for forgiveness.
(d) Asking to meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
9. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They stay at Faustus's house.
(b) To attend a play.
(c) To practice their magical skills.
(d) To find women.
10. What does Wagner do to convince the Clown to acquiesce to his request?
(a) Offer him more money.
(b) He does not try to convince the Clown.
(c) Beg him.
(d) Summons two devils.
11. What is the Clown's condition for agreeing to Wagner's request?
(a) Wagner must never summon devils again.
(b) Wagner must teach him to summon devils too.
(c) Wagner must introduce him to Helen of Troy.
(d) Wagner must pay him more.
12. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Helen of Troy.
(c) Ancient rulers.
13. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
14. How did Robin obtain the object that he is carrying in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Inherited it.
(b) Bought it.
(c) Found it.
(d) Stole it.
15. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is necromancy?
2. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
4. Why does Mephastophilis leave Faustus?
5. Who is the main character in the play?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)