|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Faustus that he can sleep with any woman on earth from any time?
(b) The Bad Angel.
2. Who arrives to vie for Faustus's soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The Good and Bad Angels.
(b) The Old Man.
(d) God and Lucifer.
3. What does Lucifer demand of Faustus in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) That Mephastophilis answer Faustus's questions.
(b) No more questions about God and heaven.
(c) That Faustus meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
(d) That Faustus resign the contract.
4. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
(a) Study magic.
(b) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(c) Continue his regular studies.
(d) Become a member of the clergy.
5. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
(a) He refuses immediately.
(b) He disappears without responding.
(c) He is interested and returns to hell to see if Lucifer will accept the offer.
(d) He tells Faustus it is a bad idea.
6. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
(a) In the Prologue.
(b) At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1.
(c) In Act 1, Scene 2.
(d) After the Good Angel and the Bad Angel leave Faustus.
8. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
(a) Next month.
(b) In a year.
(d) On the new moon.
9. What does Wagner first offer the Clown as payment for his service?
(a) French crowns.
(c) American dollars.
(d) British pounds.
10. How does Robin feel about his new acquisition?
11. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he did something immoral by offering his soul to the devil.
(b) That he loves God too much to offer his soul to the devil.
(c) That he does not want to study magic.
(d) That Mephastophilis is not powerful enough to be a helpful servant.
12. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) Ancient rulers.
(d) Helen of Troy.
13. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That Lucifer will accept the deal for Faustus's soul.
(b) That Faustus is a fool.
(c) That he will answer his questions about God and heaven.
(d) That Lucifer refuses his offer.
14. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
(a) An angel.
(b) A Franciscan friar.
(c) A pretty woman.
(d) A book.
15. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They want to have dinner with him.
(b) They lost their keys.
(c) They want his help with Faustus.
(d) They need to borrow money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
3. Where does Faustus grow up?
4. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
5. What does Robin intend to use the book for?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)