|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
2. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
(a) Valdes and Cornelius.
(b) Good and Bad Angels.
(d) Wagner and the Clown.
3. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
(a) He is eager to accept Wagner's offer.
(b) He is not interested in the job.
(c) He does not hear Wagner's offer.
(d) He attempts to negotiate his rates.
4. In Act 2, Scene 2, who owned the object that Robin is carrying before Robin obtained it?
5. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Which friend to ask for advice.
(b) Whether to get married.
(c) Which way to turn his studies.
(d) Whether to quit school.
6. How does Robin feel about his new acquisition?
7. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
8. Who arrives to vie for Faustus's soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) God and Lucifer.
(c) The Good and Bad Angels.
(d) The Old Man.
9. What does Faustus study?
10. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That Faustus is a fool.
(b) That Lucifer refuses his offer.
(c) That he will answer his questions about God and heaven.
(d) That Lucifer will accept the deal for Faustus's soul.
11. When does Robin first appear in "Dr. Faustus"?
(a) At the end of Act 2, Scene 1.
(b) At the end of Act 2, Scene 2.
(c) At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2.
(d) In Act 3.
12. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
(a) To give him advice.
(b) To torment him.
(c) They do not visit Faustus.
(d) Because they are friends.
13. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
(a) A book.
(b) An angel.
(c) A Franciscan friar.
(d) A pretty woman.
14. Who is the main character in the play?
(c) Dr. John Faustus.
15. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They want his help with Faustus.
(b) They want to have dinner with him.
(c) They lost their keys.
(d) They need to borrow money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robin carrying?
2. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
3. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Robin offer his friend?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)