|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Clown's condition for agreeing to Wagner's request?
(a) Wagner must never summon devils again.
(b) Wagner must teach him to summon devils too.
(c) Wagner must introduce him to Helen of Troy.
(d) Wagner must pay him more.
2. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
3. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he does not want to study magic.
(b) That Mephastophilis is not powerful enough to be a helpful servant.
(c) That he loves God too much to offer his soul to the devil.
(d) That he did something immoral by offering his soul to the devil.
4. What does Robin's friend want to use the book for?
(a) To make a lot of money.
(c) He wants to burn the book.
(d) To sleep with a maid he is interested in.
5. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
(a) His family.
6. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
(a) In a year.
(b) Next month.
(d) On the new moon.
7. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
(a) Quit school.
(b) Get married.
(c) Continue his normal studies.
(d) Study magic.
8. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
9. What does the Bad Angel tell Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Reminds him of everything he can get out of his deal with the devil.
(b) That he will go to hell if he does not back out of his deal.
(d) That he should turn back from his deal.
10. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
(a) He hides.
(b) He draws a magic circle around himself.
(c) He goes to the theater to watch a play.
(d) He goes to sleep.
11. What does Faustus consider in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Asking to meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
(b) Backing out of his deal with the devil.
(c) Killing himself.
(d) Praying for forgiveness.
12. What does the Clown agree to do after the devils leave in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Be Wagner's servant.
(b) Practice magic.
(c) Work for Faustus.
(d) Go to hell.
13. How does Robin feel about his new acquisition?
14. What does the Good Angel advise Faustus?
(a) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(b) To continue with his regular studies.
(c) To return home to his family.
(d) To study magic.
15. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Faustus go to study?
2. What do the first set of books that Mephastophilis gives Faustus allow Faustus to do?
3. What set of books does Faustus ask for?
4. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus decide after considering whether he should repent?
5. What is necromancy?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)