Short Essay Questions
1. What is Faustus's background?
2. What is the meaning behind the allusion of "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue?
3. Describe Faustus's studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue.
4. What changes does Faustus make in his studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus consider studying, and why?
6. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Faustus send Wagner to do, and why?
7. What happens when the Good Angel and Bad Angel appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. What happens after the Angels leave in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. Why do the scholars ask for Faustus, and whom do they ask?
10. What does Wagner tell the scholars about Faustus?
11. How do the scholars feel about what Faustus is doing in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
12. What do the scholars decide to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
13. What does Faustus do as a storm draws near?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)