|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mephastophilis refuse to continue discussing God and heaven?
(a) Because Lucifer will punish him.
(b) Because he is afraid Faustus will back out of his deal with Lucifer.
(c) Mephastophilis does not refuse to discuss God and heaven.
(d) Remembering the happiness of heaven and his time with God is too painful.
2. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
(a) It is not offensive.
(b) Because French crowns are devalued to the point of being practically worthless.
(c) Because the Clown does not like Wagner.
(d) Because Wagner refuses to pay at all.
3. What is the Vintner searching for?
(a) His money.
(b) A book.
(c) Helen of Troy.
(d) His silver goblet.
4. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Robin offer his friend?
(a) Money to keep his secret.
(b) A chance to use the book.
(d) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What set of books does Faustus ask for?
2. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
3. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
4. What does Faustus consider in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. How do the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt feel about Faustus's feat?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)