|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the protagonist of this play?
2. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
(a) His family.
3. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Baliol and Belcher.
(b) Mephastophilis and Lucifer.
(c) Wagner and Faustus.
(d) Rafe and Robin.
4. What do the first set of books that Mephastophilis gives Faustus allow Faustus to do?
(a) Control the weather and summon troops of knights.
(b) Give him power over all the other demons and knowledge of the universe.
(c) Control women.
(d) Go anywhere he wants by thinking about the place.
5. In Act 3, Scene 2, why does Robin summon Mephastophilis?
(a) To answer a question.
(b) To torture the Vintner.
(c) To procure a book.
(d) To get him out of jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
2. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
3. What does Mephastophilis do to Robin and Rafe as punishment for meddling?
4. Who speaks in the Prologue?
5. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)