|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character in the play?
(d) Dr. John Faustus.
2. What does the Good Angel advise Faustus?
(a) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(b) To return home to his family.
(c) To study magic.
(d) To continue with his regular studies.
3. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
(a) A pretty woman.
(b) A Franciscan friar.
(c) A book.
(d) An angel.
4. What does the Horse-Courser want when he returns?
(a) A refund.
(b) A different horse.
(c) To be taught how to summon demons.
(d) To take a nap.
5. What do the first set of books that Mephastophilis gives Faustus allow Faustus to do?
(a) Give him power over all the other demons and knowledge of the universe.
(b) Control the weather and summon troops of knights.
(c) Go anywhere he wants by thinking about the place.
(d) Control women.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
2. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who threatens to tear Faustus apart in Act 5, Scene 1?
4. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
5. What does Faustus consider in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)