|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wagner believe that Faustus is preparing to die?
(a) Faustus has been praying lately.
(b) Wagner does not believe that Faustus is preparing to die.
(c) Faustus gave Wagner all of his possessions.
(d) Faustus refuses to see anyone.
2. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Helen of Troy.
(b) Ancient Greece.
3. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To attend a play.
(b) To find women.
(c) To practice their magical skills.
(d) They stay at Faustus's house.
4. What do Robin and Rafe do out of fear of Mephastophilis?
(a) Return Faustus's book.
(b) Apologize to the Vintner.
(c) Confess to stealing the silver goblet.
(d) They are not afraid of Mephastophilis.
5. What does Wagner do to convince the Clown to acquiesce to his request?
(a) Beg him.
(b) Summons two devils.
(c) Offer him more money.
(d) He does not try to convince the Clown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
2. Who appears when Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
3. What does Faustus study?
4. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who speaks in the Prologue?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)