|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting for at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To go to sleep.
(b) To retrieve Faustus's book.
(c) To eat dinner.
(d) To meet the Pope.
2. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They want his help with Faustus.
(b) They want to have dinner with him.
(c) They need to borrow money.
(d) They lost their keys.
3. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Which way to turn his studies.
(b) Which friend to ask for advice.
(c) Whether to quit school.
(d) Whether to get married.
4. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Helen of Troy.
(c) Ancient rulers.
5. What is said about Faustus in the Epilogue?
(a) He is still alive.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is evil.
(d) He gains forgiveness from God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Horse-Courser offer Faustus more money?
2. How did Robin obtain the object that he is carrying in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Why does Faustus send his guests to a different room during the last hour of his life?
4. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
5. Who is awestruck at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)