|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Robin first appear in "Dr. Faustus"?
(a) In Act 3.
(b) At the end of Act 2, Scene 2.
(c) At the end of Act 2, Scene 1.
(d) At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2.
2. What do Robin and Rafe do out of fear of Mephastophilis?
(a) Return Faustus's book.
(b) Confess to stealing the silver goblet.
(c) They are not afraid of Mephastophilis.
(d) Apologize to the Vintner.
3. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That Faustus is a fool.
(b) That Lucifer will accept the deal for Faustus's soul.
(c) That Lucifer refuses his offer.
(d) That he will answer his questions about God and heaven.
4. What do Mephastophilis and Faustus do to the people singing a dirge at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Beat them.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Hide from them.
5. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
(b) Give him powers.
(c) Act as his servant.
(d) Introduce him to Lucifer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus decide after considering whether he should repent?
2. Who is taken with Faustus in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. Where does Faustus go to study?
4. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
5. Why does Mephastophilis leave Faustus?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)