|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Helen of Troy.
(d) Ancient Greece.
2. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is frightened of Mephastophilis.
(b) In order to have the demon at his beck and call.
(c) He does not offer a deal.
(d) He is eager to learn magic.
3. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Get the best grapes that the Duchess of Vanholt has ever tasted.
(b) Summon Helen of Troy.
(c) Kill the Duke of Vanholt.
(d) Summon Alexander the Great.
4. What does Carolus promise Faustus in Act 4, Scene 1 after Faustus adheres to Carolus' request?
(a) A wife.
(b) A great reward.
(d) A kingdom.
5. What does the Clown beg Wagner to do about the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Send them away.
(c) Summon Helen of Troy.
(d) Pay him more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is taken with Faustus in Act 4, Scene 3?
2. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Where are Carolus and Faustus at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
4. How does the Vintner feel about Robin and Rafe?
5. How did Robin obtain the object that he is carrying in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)