|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucifer demand of Faustus in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) That Faustus resign the contract.
(b) That Mephastophilis answer Faustus's questions.
(c) That Faustus meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
(d) No more questions about God and heaven.
2. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
(a) That Faustus is stupid.
(b) That Faustus is performing magic again.
(c) That Faustus has made a deal with the devil.
(d) That Faustus is quitting school.
3. When does Robin first appear in "Dr. Faustus"?
(a) At the end of Act 2, Scene 2.
(b) At the end of Act 2, Scene 1.
(c) At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2.
(d) In Act 3.
4. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They stay at Faustus's house.
(b) To practice their magical skills.
(c) To find women.
(d) To attend a play.
5. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Ancient Greece.
(d) Helen of Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Clown agree to do after the devils leave in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What do the first set of books that Mephastophilis gives Faustus allow Faustus to do?
3. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do?
4. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
5. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)