|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
(a) They work together.
(b) They live together.
(c) They are friends.
(d) They are enemies.
2. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do?
(a) Loan him money.
(b) Produce a spirit.
(c) Describe hell.
(d) Summon Mephastophilis.
3. Whom does Mephastophilis return to Faustus with in Act 2, Scene 3?
(c) The Bad Angel.
4. Which human arrives in the middle of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Vintner.
5. Why does Faustus make his odd request in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Because he is hungry.
(b) So that he can do whatever he pleases.
(c) Because he is curious.
(d) Because he has heard how beautiful Helen of Troy is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who arrives to vie for Faustus's soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Who is waiting in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What does Robin do when he grows tired of the Vintner?
5. How does Faustus feel about the benefits of selling his soul?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)