|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Robin feel about his new acquisition?
2. How does the Pope react to Faustus's actions?
(b) Runs away.
(c) Hides behind a curtain.
(d) Crosses himself.
3. Who enters the room with a large retinue of attendants in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Pope.
(c) Helen of Troy.
4. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
5. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
(a) He disappears without responding.
(b) He refuses immediately.
(c) He is interested and returns to hell to see if Lucifer will accept the offer.
(d) He tells Faustus it is a bad idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carolus promise Faustus in Act 4, Scene 1 after Faustus adheres to Carolus' request?
2. Which human arrives in the middle of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
4. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)