|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wagner want to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Summon Mephastophilis.
(b) Kill Faustus.
(c) Sleep with a woman.
(d) Hire the Clown as his servant.
2. What does Faustus ask for instead of his original plan in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
(b) To see hell.
(c) To be made invisible.
(d) To meet Helen of Troy.
3. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he will answer his questions about God and heaven.
(b) That Lucifer will accept the deal for Faustus's soul.
(c) That Lucifer refuses his offer.
(d) That Faustus is a fool.
4. What does the Horse-Courser want when he returns?
(a) To take a nap.
(b) To be taught how to summon demons.
(c) A different horse.
(d) A refund.
5. What does Wagner do to convince the Clown to acquiesce to his request?
(a) He does not try to convince the Clown.
(b) Summons two devils.
(c) Beg him.
(d) Offer him more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
2. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)