|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Pope react to Faustus's actions?
(a) Crosses himself.
(b) Runs away.
(d) Hides behind a curtain.
2. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Who Mephastophilis is.
(b) Where Faustus has gone.
(c) Why Faustus is angry with them.
(d) Why God made death.
3. What must Faustus use to sign the contract?
(a) His blood.
(b) A pen.
(c) A chicken's blood.
(d) A pencil.
4. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Give him powers.
(b) Act as his servant.
(c) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
(d) Introduce him to Lucifer.
5. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They stay at Faustus's house.
(b) To find women.
(c) To attend a play.
(d) To practice their magical skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus decide after considering whether he should repent?
2. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
3. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
4. Who returns to the room, singing a dirge, in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)