|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick?
2. What does Mephastophilis warn the Horse-Courser not to do?
(a) Buy another horse from Faustus.
(b) Eat Faustus's food.
(c) Yell at the horse.
(d) Wake Faustus up.
3. What does Robin do when he grows tired of the Vintner?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Confesses to stealing the silver goblet.
(c) Reads a passage from Faustus's book.
(d) Tells the Vintner to leave.
4. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus decide after considering whether he should repent?
(a) To pray for forgiveness.
(b) To back out of his deal with Lucifer.
(c) He cannot go to heaven anyway so he should just use the devil to obtain all of his earthly desires.
(d) He does not make a decision.
5. How does Faustus feel about the benefits of selling his soul?
(b) Overjoyed because he can truly enjoy life now.
(c) Like he has betrayed God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
2. What does the Duke of Vanholt promise?
3. What does Faustus consider in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. How does Faustus do in his studies?
5. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)