|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) None of these is correct.
(b) To pay Mephastophilis for magical books.
(c) To trade his soul for 24 years of life with Mephastophilis as his servant.
(d) To leave Mephastophilis alone if he will answer Faustus's questions about God and heaven.
2. What do Robin and Rafe do out of fear of Mephastophilis?
(a) They are not afraid of Mephastophilis.
(b) Return Faustus's book.
(c) Apologize to the Vintner.
(d) Confess to stealing the silver goblet.
3. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
(a) He is eager to accept Wagner's offer.
(b) He is not interested in the job.
(c) He attempts to negotiate his rates.
(d) He does not hear Wagner's offer.
5. What does Faustus ask for instead of his original plan in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
(b) To be made invisible.
(c) To meet Helen of Troy.
(d) To see hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Lucifer offer to introduce Faustus?
2. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
3. What does the Clown agree to do after the devils leave in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
5. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus decide after considering whether he should repent?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)