|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is eager to learn magic.
(b) He is frightened of Mephastophilis.
(c) He does not offer a deal.
(d) In order to have the demon at his beck and call.
2. What is Faustus waiting to learn in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) If Lucifer will accept his offer.
(b) If Mephastophilis will kill him.
(c) If he should renege on his offer.
(d) If he is going to be expelled.
3. Who returns to the room, singing a dirge, in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) The Pope.
4. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What do Mephastophilis and Faustus do to the people singing a dirge at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Hide from them.
(b) Beat them.
(c) Kill them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt feel about Faustus's feat?
2. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
3. Why does Mephastophilis leave Faustus?
4. What is necromancy?
5. What does Mephastophilis warn the Horse-Courser not to do?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)