|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wagner want to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Summon Mephastophilis.
(b) Hire the Clown as his servant.
(c) Kill Faustus.
(d) Sleep with a woman.
2. Where does Faustus grow up?
(a) Rome, Italy.
(b) Wittenberg, Germany.
(c) Rhodes, Germany.
(d) London, England.
3. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
4. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) In order to have the demon at his beck and call.
(b) He is frightened of Mephastophilis.
(c) He is eager to learn magic.
(d) He does not offer a deal.
5. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He hates the topic.
(b) He will be punished if he talks about this topic.
(c) He does not want to remember how happy he was.
(d) He does not know anything about the topic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Faustus that it is not too late to turn back?
2. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
3. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
4. Who does the Pope think Faustus is?
5. How does the Pope react to Faustus's actions?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)