|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does the Clown agree to do after the devils leave in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Be Wagner's servant.
(b) Practice magic.
(c) Go to hell.
(d) Work for Faustus.
3. What does Robin's friend want to use the book for?
(a) He wants to burn the book.
(b) To sleep with a maid he is interested in.
(c) To make a lot of money.
4. What is being carried as Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
(a) A candle stick.
(c) A silver goblet.
(d) A book.
5. What is the setting of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) The woods.
(b) The house of the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt.
(c) Faustus's house.
(d) Carolus's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
2. What does Robin do when he grows tired of the Vintner?
3. Who is waiting in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do in Act 4, Scene 3?
5. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)