|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robin cast a spell?
(a) Because he wants to escape.
(b) Because the Vintner says he cannot do it.
(c) To keep the Vintner from finding the silver goblet.
(d) Because he wants to try.
2. How did Robin obtain the object that he is carrying in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Bought it.
(b) Stole it.
(c) Found it.
(d) Inherited it.
3. What does Faustus do to make the churchmen leave the room?
(a) Laugh very loud.
(b) Steal the Pope's food.
(c) Boxes the Pope's ears.
(d) The churchmen do not leave.
4. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
(a) He hides.
(b) He goes to sleep.
(c) He goes to the theater to watch a play.
(d) He draws a magic circle around himself.
5. What does Faustus do when the Pope arrives?
(a) Steals the Pope's food and wine.
(b) Prays to God for forgiveness.
(c) Becomes visible.
(d) He dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
3. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)