|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robin cast a spell?
(a) Because he wants to try.
(b) Because the Vintner says he cannot do it.
(c) Because he wants to escape.
(d) To keep the Vintner from finding the silver goblet.
2. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
(a) To give him advice.
(b) Because they are friends.
(c) They do not visit Faustus.
(d) To torment him.
3. Who speaks in the Prologue?
(a) The chorus.
(c) Good and Bad Angels.
4. What does Wagner want to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Hire the Clown as his servant.
(b) Kill Faustus.
(c) Sleep with a woman.
(d) Summon Mephastophilis.
5. What does Carolus promise Faustus in Act 4, Scene 1 after Faustus adheres to Carolus' request?
(a) A great reward.
(b) A kingdom.
(d) A wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
2. Why does the Horse-Courser offer Faustus more money?
3. What does the Duchess of Vanholt have a craving for?
4. What does the Clown beg Wagner to do about the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)