|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Baliol and Belcher.
(b) Rafe and Robin.
(c) Mephastophilis and Lucifer.
(d) Wagner and Faustus.
2. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Introduce him to Lucifer.
(b) Give him powers.
(c) Act as his servant.
(d) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
3. Where does Faustus go to study?
4. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) A wax museum.
(b) The fall of Icarus.
(c) The fall of Lucifer.
(d) A wax figure.
5. Where are Carolus and Faustus at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) At the theater.
(b) At breakfast.
(c) At dinner.
(d) In hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What set of books does Faustus ask for?
2. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How do the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt feel about Faustus's feat?
4. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
5. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)