|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Introduce him to Lucifer.
(b) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
(c) Give him powers.
(d) Act as his servant.
2. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He hates the topic.
(b) He does not know anything about the topic.
(c) He does not want to remember how happy he was.
(d) He will be punished if he talks about this topic.
3. Where was Mephastophilis when Robin and Rafe summoned him?
4. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They stay at Faustus's house.
(b) To practice their magical skills.
(c) To find women.
(d) To attend a play.
5. What does the Clown beg Wagner to do about the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Summon Helen of Troy.
(b) Send them away.
(c) Pay him more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
2. Why does the new arrival in Act 4, Scene 1 approach Faustus?
3. How does the Vintner feel about Robin and Rafe?
4. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do in Act 4, Scene 3?
5. Who returns to the room, singing a dirge, in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)