|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
2. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To attend a play.
(b) To practice their magical skills.
(c) They stay at Faustus's house.
(d) To find women.
3. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
(a) Quit his magical studies.
(b) Loan them money.
(c) Help them study.
(d) Quit school.
4. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick on his subject?
(a) It increases Faustus's standing in Carolus's eyes.
(b) Carolus is angry.
(c) It amuses Carolus greatly.
(d) Carolus thinks Faustus is insolent.
5. Why does Robin cast a spell?
(a) To keep the Vintner from finding the silver goblet.
(b) Because the Vintner says he cannot do it.
(c) Because he wants to escape.
(d) Because he wants to try.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Where are Carolus and Faustus at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
3. How does Faustus respond to Carolus' request at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Who is Robin's friend that enters in the middle of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)