|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Pope react to Faustus's actions?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Crosses himself.
(d) Hides behind a curtain.
2. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That Faustus is a fool.
(b) That Lucifer will accept the deal for Faustus's soul.
(c) That he will answer his questions about God and heaven.
(d) That Lucifer refuses his offer.
3. Why does Robin cast a spell?
(a) To keep the Vintner from finding the silver goblet.
(b) Because he wants to escape.
(c) Because he wants to try.
(d) Because the Vintner says he cannot do it.
4. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
5. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
(a) Good and Bad Angels.
(c) Valdes and Cornelius.
(d) Wagner and the Clown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
2. What is necromancy?
3. Why does Mephastophilis leave Faustus?
4. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
5. What is Faustus waiting to learn in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)