|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) Ancient rulers.
(c) Helen of Troy.
2. How does the Pope react to Faustus's actions?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Crosses himself.
(d) Hides behind a curtain.
3. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) A wax museum.
(b) The fall of Icarus.
(c) A wax figure.
(d) The fall of Lucifer.
4. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
5. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
(a) Because the Clown does not like Wagner.
(b) It is not offensive.
(c) Because Wagner refuses to pay at all.
(d) Because French crowns are devalued to the point of being practically worthless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Wagner do to convince the Clown to acquiesce to his request?
3. Whom does Faustus send to accomplish Carolus' request?
4. What is Robin carrying?
5. How does Faustus respond to Carolus' request at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)