|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Act as his servant.
(b) Give him powers.
(c) Introduce him to Lucifer.
(d) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
2. What set of books does Faustus ask for?
(a) Books to control women.
(b) Books to give him power over all the other demons and knowledge of the entire earth and universe.
(c) Books to control the weather.
(d) Books to summon troops of knights.
3. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) The rector.
4. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he does not want to study magic.
(b) That he did something immoral by offering his soul to the devil.
(c) That Mephastophilis is not powerful enough to be a helpful servant.
(d) That he loves God too much to offer his soul to the devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives to vie for Faustus's soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
3. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. How does the Clown react to the appearance of the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Whom is Faustus waiting for in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)