|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucifer demand of Faustus in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) That Faustus meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
(b) That Mephastophilis answer Faustus's questions.
(c) No more questions about God and heaven.
(d) That Faustus resign the contract.
2. What does Faustus do when the Pope arrives?
(a) Prays to God for forgiveness.
(b) Becomes visible.
(c) Steals the Pope's food and wine.
(d) He dies.
3. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That Faustus is at dinner with Valdes and Cornelius.
(b) That Faustus is in class.
(c) That they are being expelled.
(d) Their question is unanswered.
4. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he will answer his questions about God and heaven.
(b) That Lucifer will accept the deal for Faustus's soul.
(c) That Lucifer refuses his offer.
(d) That Faustus is a fool.
5. What is Robin carrying?
(a) A silver goblet.
(b) A devil.
(c) A woman.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
2. Who arrives to vie for Faustus's soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
5. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)