|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
2. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) A wax museum.
(b) The fall of Lucifer.
(c) A wax figure.
(d) The fall of Icarus.
3. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(c) The rector.
4. In Act 3, Scene 2, why does Robin summon Mephastophilis?
(a) To torture the Vintner.
(b) To procure a book.
(c) To answer a question.
(d) To get him out of jail.
5. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
(a) That Faustus is performing magic again.
(b) That Faustus is quitting school.
(c) That Faustus has made a deal with the devil.
(d) That Faustus is stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting for at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What does Mephastophilis do to Robin and Rafe as punishment for meddling?
3. Where does Faustus grow up?
4. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
5. What does Carolus promise Faustus in Act 4, Scene 1 after Faustus adheres to Carolus' request?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)