|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting for at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To eat dinner.
(b) To go to sleep.
(c) To retrieve Faustus's book.
(d) To meet the Pope.
2. Whom is Faustus waiting for in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Good Angel.
(b) The Bad Angel.
3. Which human arrives in the middle of Act 3, Scene 2?
(c) The Vintner.
4. Who arrives to vie for Faustus's soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The Good and Bad Angels.
(c) The Old Man.
(d) God and Lucifer.
5. What does Faustus consider in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Killing himself.
(b) Praying for forgiveness.
(c) Asking to meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
(d) Backing out of his deal with the devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carolus ask Faustus to do?
2. What does the Clown agree to do after the devils leave in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What does Faustus ask for instead of his original plan in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
5. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)