|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Clown agree to do after the devils leave in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Be Wagner's servant.
(b) Go to hell.
(c) Work for Faustus.
(d) Practice magic.
2. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He plans to summon a demon.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He is bored.
4. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
(a) He draws a magic circle around himself.
(b) He goes to sleep.
(c) He goes to the theater to watch a play.
(d) He hides.
5. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) The fall of Icarus.
(b) The fall of Lucifer.
(c) A wax museum.
(d) A wax figure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears when Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
2. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What is necromancy?
4. Whom does Faustus send to accomplish Carolus' request?
5. Whom is Faustus waiting for in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)