|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being carried as Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
(a) A silver goblet.
(b) A candle stick.
(c) A book.
2. Who is waiting in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The pope and his friars.
(b) Faustus and Mephastophilis.
(c) Rafe and Robin.
(d) The Good Angel and the Bad Angel.
3. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Introduce him to Lucifer.
(b) Give him powers.
(c) Act as his servant.
(d) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
4. Why does Robin cast a spell?
(a) To keep the Vintner from finding the silver goblet.
(b) Because he wants to try.
(c) Because he wants to escape.
(d) Because the Vintner says he cannot do it.
5. Who is cynical of Faustus's abilities?
(a) The Duchess of Vanholt.
(c) A knight.
(d) The Duke of Vanholt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Where does Faustus grow up?
3. What does the Clown beg Wagner to do about the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What will Robin's book allow him to do?
5. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)