|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus do to make the churchmen leave the room?
(a) Laugh very loud.
(b) The churchmen do not leave.
(c) Steal the Pope's food.
(d) Boxes the Pope's ears.
2. What does Wagner first offer the Clown as payment for his service?
(a) British pounds.
(b) American dollars.
(d) French crowns.
3. When does Robin first appear in "Dr. Faustus"?
(a) At the end of Act 2, Scene 1.
(b) At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2.
(c) At the end of Act 2, Scene 2.
(d) In Act 3.
4. What do the first set of books that Mephastophilis gives Faustus allow Faustus to do?
(a) Control women.
(b) Control the weather and summon troops of knights.
(c) Give him power over all the other demons and knowledge of the universe.
(d) Go anywhere he wants by thinking about the place.
5. What does the Bad Angel tell Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he should turn back from his deal.
(c) Reminds him of everything he can get out of his deal with the devil.
(d) That he will go to hell if he does not back out of his deal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Faustus send to accomplish Carolus' request?
2. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick?
3. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus decide after considering whether he should repent?
4. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
5. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)