|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Their question is unanswered.
(b) That Faustus is at dinner with Valdes and Cornelius.
(c) That Faustus is in class.
(d) That they are being expelled.
2. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
(a) The Good Angel.
(c) The Bad Angel.
3. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
(a) Continue his regular studies.
(b) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(c) Study magic.
(d) Become a member of the clergy.
4. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He does not offer a deal.
(b) He is eager to learn magic.
(c) In order to have the demon at his beck and call.
(d) He is frightened of Mephastophilis.
5. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
(a) The Clown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Robin offer his friend?
4. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
5. Where does Faustus go to study?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)