|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
(a) Because French crowns are devalued to the point of being practically worthless.
(b) Because the Clown does not like Wagner.
(c) Because Wagner refuses to pay at all.
(d) It is not offensive.
2. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
(a) Study magic.
(b) Become a member of the clergy.
(c) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(d) Continue his regular studies.
3. What is being carried as Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
(a) A candle stick.
(c) A silver goblet.
(d) A book.
4. What does Robin do when he grows tired of the Vintner?
(a) Tells the Vintner to leave.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Confesses to stealing the silver goblet.
(d) Reads a passage from Faustus's book.
5. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They want to have dinner with him.
(b) They lost their keys.
(c) They want his help with Faustus.
(d) They need to borrow money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mephastophilis and Faustus do to the people singing a dirge at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
3. Why does Robin cast a spell?
4. Who arrives to vie for Faustus's soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)