|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mephastophilis refuse to continue discussing God and heaven?
(a) Because he is afraid Faustus will back out of his deal with Lucifer.
(b) Mephastophilis does not refuse to discuss God and heaven.
(c) Because Lucifer will punish him.
(d) Remembering the happiness of heaven and his time with God is too painful.
2. Who does Faustus play a joke on in Act 4, Scene 1?
(c) The cynical knight.
3. What does the Clown beg Wagner to do about the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Summon Helen of Troy.
(b) Pay him more.
(c) Send them away.
4. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
5. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
(a) Because the Clown does not like Wagner.
(b) Because Wagner refuses to pay at all.
(c) It is not offensive.
(d) Because French crowns are devalued to the point of being practically worthless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the room with a large retinue of attendants in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting for at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Robin offer his friend?
4. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)