|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character in the play?
(a) Dr. John Faustus.
2. Who does Faustus play a joke on in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) The cynical knight.
3. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus decide after considering whether he should repent?
(a) He does not make a decision.
(b) To back out of his deal with Lucifer.
(c) To pray for forgiveness.
(d) He cannot go to heaven anyway so he should just use the devil to obtain all of his earthly desires.
5. What do Mephastophilis and Faustus do to the people singing a dirge at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) Beat them.
(c) Hide from them.
(d) Kill them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
2. What do Robin and Rafe do out of fear of Mephastophilis?
3. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
5. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)