|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is Faustus waiting for in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) The Bad Angel.
(c) The Good Angel.
2. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
3. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
(a) Because it sounds fun.
(b) Because of the power it would give him.
(c) Because Wagner suggests it.
(d) Because it would make his parents proud.
5. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
(a) A Franciscan friar.
(b) A book.
(c) An angel.
(d) A pretty woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
3. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
4. What is Robin's occupation?
5. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)