|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
(a) Help them study.
(b) Loan them money.
(c) Quit his magical studies.
(d) Quit school.
2. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
(a) A Franciscan friar.
(b) A pretty woman.
(c) An angel.
(d) A book.
3. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Act as his servant.
(b) Introduce him to Lucifer.
(c) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
(d) Give him powers.
4. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
(a) Wagner and the Clown.
(c) Valdes and Cornelius.
(d) Good and Bad Angels.
5. Where does Faustus go to study?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
4. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
5. What is Faustus waiting to learn in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)