|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
(a) His family.
2. Who is the main character in the play?
(a) Dr. John Faustus.
3. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That Lucifer will accept the deal for Faustus's soul.
(b) That he will answer his questions about God and heaven.
(c) That Faustus is a fool.
(d) That Lucifer refuses his offer.
4. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
(a) It is not offensive.
(b) Because the Clown does not like Wagner.
(c) Because French crowns are devalued to the point of being practically worthless.
(d) Because Wagner refuses to pay at all.
5. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. How does Faustus feel about the benefits of selling his soul?
3. What will Robin's book allow him to do?
4. In Act 2, Scene 2, who owned the object that Robin is carrying before Robin obtained it?
5. How does the Clown react to the appearance of the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)