|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Faustus go to study?
2. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
(a) Because Wagner suggests it.
(b) Because it sounds fun.
(c) Because it would make his parents proud.
(d) Because of the power it would give him.
3. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To practice their magical skills.
(b) To attend a play.
(c) To find women.
(d) They stay at Faustus's house.
4. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
5. What set of books does Faustus ask for?
(a) Books to give him power over all the other demons and knowledge of the entire earth and universe.
(b) Books to control women.
(c) Books to control the weather.
(d) Books to summon troops of knights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks in the Prologue?
2. What does the Clown agree to do after the devils leave in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. How does Faustus do in his studies?
4. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)