|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
2. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
(a) He draws a magic circle around himself.
(b) He hides.
(c) He goes to the theater to watch a play.
(d) He goes to sleep.
3. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Frighten the Clown into submission at Wagner's request.
(b) Kill the Clown.
(c) They refuse to appear.
(d) Yell at Wagner for summoning them.
4. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
(a) He is not interested in the job.
(b) He does not hear Wagner's offer.
(c) He attempts to negotiate his rates.
(d) He is eager to accept Wagner's offer.
5. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
(a) Because of the power it would give him.
(b) Because it would make his parents proud.
(c) Because Wagner suggests it.
(d) Because it sounds fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
2. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
3. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
4. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Wagner do to convince the Clown to acquiesce to his request?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)