|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus study?
2. What does Robin's friend want to use the book for?
(a) To sleep with a maid he is interested in.
(b) He wants to burn the book.
(c) To make a lot of money.
3. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Good Angel and the Bad Angel.
(d) Hell, heaven, and God.
4. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
(a) He refuses immediately.
(b) He is interested and returns to hell to see if Lucifer will accept the offer.
(c) He disappears without responding.
(d) He tells Faustus it is a bad idea.
5. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) They do not want to be friends with Faustus anymore.
(b) They are alarmed.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They do not care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bad Angel tell Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
5. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)