|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Robin's friend that enters in the middle of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
(a) Quit school.
(b) Loan them money.
(c) Help them study.
(d) Quit his magical studies.
3. What does Wagner do to convince the Clown to acquiesce to his request?
(a) Offer him more money.
(b) He does not try to convince the Clown.
(c) Beg him.
(d) Summons two devils.
4. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
(a) To torment him.
(b) Because they are friends.
(c) They do not visit Faustus.
(d) To give him advice.
5. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) They do not want to be friends with Faustus anymore.
(b) They do not care.
(c) They are alarmed.
(d) They are happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
2. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
3. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
4. What is Faustus waiting to learn in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)