|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Faustus use to sign the contract?
(a) A chicken's blood.
(b) His blood.
(c) A pencil.
(d) A pen.
2. Who tells Faustus that he can sleep with any woman on earth from any time?
(b) The Bad Angel.
3. What is the Clown's condition for agreeing to Wagner's request?
(a) Wagner must pay him more.
(b) Wagner must teach him to summon devils too.
(c) Wagner must never summon devils again.
(d) Wagner must introduce him to Helen of Troy.
4. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That Mephastophilis is not powerful enough to be a helpful servant.
(b) That he does not want to study magic.
(c) That he loves God too much to offer his soul to the devil.
(d) That he did something immoral by offering his soul to the devil.
5. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
(a) They are enemies.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They work together.
(d) They live together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faustus feel about the benefits of selling his soul?
2. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
3. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. When does Robin first appear in "Dr. Faustus"?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)