|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he does not want to study magic.
(b) That he loves God too much to offer his soul to the devil.
(c) That he did something immoral by offering his soul to the devil.
(d) That Mephastophilis is not powerful enough to be a helpful servant.
2. Where does Faustus grow up?
(a) Wittenberg, Germany.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) London, England.
(d) Rhodes, Germany.
3. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) To trade his soul for 24 years of life with Mephastophilis as his servant.
(b) To pay Mephastophilis for magical books.
(c) None of these is correct.
(d) To leave Mephastophilis alone if he will answer Faustus's questions about God and heaven.
4. What is Faustus waiting to learn in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) If Mephastophilis will kill him.
(b) If he should renege on his offer.
(c) If he is going to be expelled.
(d) If Lucifer will accept his offer.
5. Whom is Faustus waiting for in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) The Bad Angel.
(c) The Good Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character in the play?
2. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
5. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)