|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wagner first offer the Clown as payment for his service?
(a) French crowns.
(b) British pounds.
(d) American dollars.
2. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That they are being expelled.
(b) That Faustus is in class.
(c) That Faustus is at dinner with Valdes and Cornelius.
(d) Their question is unanswered.
3. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) They refuse to appear.
(b) Kill the Clown.
(c) Frighten the Clown into submission at Wagner's request.
(d) Yell at Wagner for summoning them.
4. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
(a) He attempts to negotiate his rates.
(b) He does not hear Wagner's offer.
(c) He is not interested in the job.
(d) He is eager to accept Wagner's offer.
5. Whom is Faustus waiting for in Act 2, Scene 1?
(c) The Bad Angel.
(d) The Good Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
2. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
4. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
5. Who is the main character in the play?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)