|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the first set of books that Mephastophilis gives Faustus allow Faustus to do?
(a) Go anywhere he wants by thinking about the place.
(b) Control women.
(c) Control the weather and summon troops of knights.
(d) Give him power over all the other demons and knowledge of the universe.
2. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
(b) The Clown.
3. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That Mephastophilis is not powerful enough to be a helpful servant.
(b) That he does not want to study magic.
(c) That he loves God too much to offer his soul to the devil.
(d) That he did something immoral by offering his soul to the devil.
4. When do Wagner and the Clown enter "Dr. Faustus" together?
(a) At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4.
(b) At the end of Act 1, Scene 3.
(c) At the end of Act 1, Scene 4.
(d) At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1.
5. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wagner first offer the Clown as payment for his service?
2. What does the Clown agree to do after the devils leave in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Who is the main character in the play?
4. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
5. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)