|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He plans to summon a demon.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He is tired.
2. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
(a) That Faustus is stupid.
(b) That Faustus has made a deal with the devil.
(c) That Faustus is performing magic again.
(d) That Faustus is quitting school.
3. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
5. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He does not know anything about the topic.
(b) He does not want to remember how happy he was.
(c) He hates the topic.
(d) He will be punished if he talks about this topic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. How does Faustus feel about the benefits of selling his soul?
3. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is the Clown's condition for agreeing to Wagner's request?
5. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)