|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
(a) Because the Clown does not like Wagner.
(b) It is not offensive.
(c) Because French crowns are devalued to the point of being practically worthless.
(d) Because Wagner refuses to pay at all.
2. How does Faustus do in his studies?
(a) He quits.
(b) Very poorly.
(c) Financially well.
3. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That Faustus is at dinner with Valdes and Cornelius.
(b) That they are being expelled.
(c) That Faustus is in class.
(d) Their question is unanswered.
5. Who tells Faustus that it is not too late to turn back?
(a) The Good Angel.
(c) The Bad Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
3. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
5. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)