|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Wagner and the Clown enter "Dr. Faustus" together?
(a) At the end of Act 1, Scene 3.
(b) At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4.
(c) At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1.
(d) At the end of Act 1, Scene 4.
2. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Mephastophilis and Lucifer.
(b) Baliol and Belcher.
(c) Wagner and Faustus.
(d) Rafe and Robin.
3. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
(a) An angel.
(b) A book.
(c) A pretty woman.
(d) A Franciscan friar.
4. What is Faustus waiting to learn in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) If he is going to be expelled.
(b) If Lucifer will accept his offer.
(c) If Mephastophilis will kill him.
(d) If he should renege on his offer.
5. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Why God made death.
(b) Who Mephastophilis is.
(c) Why Faustus is angry with them.
(d) Where Faustus has gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
2. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
3. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. How does Faustus do in his studies?
5. What does the Clown beg Wagner to do about the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)