|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
(a) A book.
(b) An angel.
(c) A pretty woman.
(d) A Franciscan friar.
3. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
4. What is necromancy?
(a) A relationship with God.
(b) The magical art of raising the dead.
(c) The art of summoning demons.
(d) Speaking to the devil.
5. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows Faustus the things he has sold his soul for?
2. Where does Faustus go to study?
3. Whom is Faustus waiting for in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
5. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)