|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Good Angel advise Faustus?
(a) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(b) To study magic.
(c) To continue with his regular studies.
(d) To return home to his family.
2. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
(a) He attempts to negotiate his rates.
(b) He is not interested in the job.
(c) He does not hear Wagner's offer.
(d) He is eager to accept Wagner's offer.
3. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
4. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He plans to summon a demon.
5. Who speaks in the Prologue?
(a) Good and Bad Angels.
(d) The chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
3. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
5. What does the Clown beg Wagner to do about the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)