|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He plans to summon a demon.
2. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
(a) Good and Bad Angels.
(b) Wagner and the Clown.
(c) Valdes and Cornelius.
3. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
(b) The Bad Angel.
(d) The Good Angel.
4. What does Wagner do to convince the Clown to acquiesce to his request?
(a) He does not try to convince the Clown.
(b) Beg him.
(c) Offer him more money.
(d) Summons two devils.
5. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Which friend to ask for advice.
(b) Which way to turn his studies.
(c) Whether to get married.
(d) Whether to quit school.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
2. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
3. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who speaks in the Prologue?
5. What is the Clown's condition for agreeing to Wagner's request?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)