|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
(a) Loan them money.
(b) Help them study.
(c) Quit his magical studies.
(d) Quit school.
2. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
(a) His family.
3. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He will be punished if he talks about this topic.
(b) He does not want to remember how happy he was.
(c) He hates the topic.
(d) He does not know anything about the topic.
4. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) Because Valdes and Cornelius are magicians and necromancers.
(b) Because they are also good friends with Valdes and Cornelius.
(c) Because they do not care about Faustus.
(d) Because the scholars do not like Valdes and Cornelius.
5. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) They do not want to be friends with Faustus anymore.
(b) They do not care.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They are alarmed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows Faustus the things he has sold his soul for?
2. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
4. What is necromancy?
5. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)