|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows Faustus the things he has sold his soul for?
(c) A series of devils.
(d) The Bad Angel.
2. What does the Bad Angel tell Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he will go to hell if he does not back out of his deal.
(c) That he should turn back from his deal.
(d) Reminds him of everything he can get out of his deal with the devil.
3. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) The fall of Icarus.
(b) The fall of Lucifer.
(c) A wax museum.
(d) A wax figure.
4. What does Wagner first offer the Clown as payment for his service?
(a) British pounds.
(b) French crowns.
(c) American dollars.
5. Who tells Faustus that he can sleep with any woman on earth from any time?
(b) The Bad Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
2. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. When do Wagner and the Clown enter "Dr. Faustus" together?
5. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)