|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They lost their keys.
(b) They need to borrow money.
(c) They want his help with Faustus.
(d) They want to have dinner with him.
2. Where does Faustus grow up?
(a) Rhodes, Germany.
(b) London, England.
(c) Wittenberg, Germany.
(d) Rome, Italy.
3. Who tells Faustus that it is not too late to turn back?
(a) The Good Angel.
(d) The Bad Angel.
4. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
(a) That Faustus has made a deal with the devil.
(b) That Faustus is stupid.
(c) That Faustus is performing magic again.
(d) That Faustus is quitting school.
5. How does Faustus feel about the benefits of selling his soul?
(b) Like he has betrayed God.
(c) Overjoyed because he can truly enjoy life now.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wagner do to convince the Clown to acquiesce to his request?
2. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
3. Who tells Faustus that he can sleep with any woman on earth from any time?
4. What do the first set of books that Mephastophilis gives Faustus allow Faustus to do?
5. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)