|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Faustus waiting to learn in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) If he is going to be expelled.
(b) If he should renege on his offer.
(c) If Mephastophilis will kill him.
(d) If Lucifer will accept his offer.
2. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Act as his servant.
(b) Introduce him to Lucifer.
(c) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
(d) Give him powers.
4. How does Faustus feel about the benefits of selling his soul?
(b) Like he has betrayed God.
(d) Overjoyed because he can truly enjoy life now.
5. How does the Clown react to the appearance of the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He cries.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
2. Who tells Faustus that it is not too late to turn back?
3. Whom is Faustus waiting for in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
5. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)