|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That Mephastophilis is not powerful enough to be a helpful servant.
(b) That he does not want to study magic.
(c) That he loves God too much to offer his soul to the devil.
(d) That he did something immoral by offering his soul to the devil.
2. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he will answer his questions about God and heaven.
(b) That Lucifer will accept the deal for Faustus's soul.
(c) That Faustus is a fool.
(d) That Lucifer refuses his offer.
3. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
4. What is the Clown's condition for agreeing to Wagner's request?
(a) Wagner must introduce him to Helen of Troy.
(b) Wagner must pay him more.
(c) Wagner must never summon devils again.
(d) Wagner must teach him to summon devils too.
5. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He plans to summon a demon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
2. Who shows Faustus the things he has sold his soul for?
3. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
4. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
5. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)