|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Clown react to the appearance of the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He cries.
(d) He dies.
2. What does Wagner want to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Summon Mephastophilis.
(b) Hire the Clown as his servant.
(c) Kill Faustus.
(d) Sleep with a woman.
3. Where does Faustus grow up?
(a) London, England.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) Wittenberg, Germany.
(d) Rhodes, Germany.
4. What is the Clown's condition for agreeing to Wagner's request?
(a) Wagner must never summon devils again.
(b) Wagner must introduce him to Helen of Troy.
(c) Wagner must teach him to summon devils too.
(d) Wagner must pay him more.
5. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
(a) Because French crowns are devalued to the point of being practically worthless.
(b) Because the Clown does not like Wagner.
(c) Because Wagner refuses to pay at all.
(d) It is not offensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks in the Prologue?
2. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
4. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
5. When do Wagner and the Clown enter "Dr. Faustus" together?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)