|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
(a) Because Wagner refuses to pay at all.
(b) It is not offensive.
(c) Because French crowns are devalued to the point of being practically worthless.
(d) Because the Clown does not like Wagner.
2. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
(a) The Good Angel.
(d) The Bad Angel.
3. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
(a) Loan them money.
(b) Quit his magical studies.
(c) Quit school.
(d) Help them study.
4. What does the Clown agree to do after the devils leave in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Practice magic.
(b) Go to hell.
(c) Work for Faustus.
(d) Be Wagner's servant.
5. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
4. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
5. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)