|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) Because they do not care about Faustus.
(b) Because Valdes and Cornelius are magicians and necromancers.
(c) Because they are also good friends with Valdes and Cornelius.
(d) Because the scholars do not like Valdes and Cornelius.
2. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
3. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
4. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who tells Faustus that it is not too late to turn back?
(b) The Bad Angel.
(c) The Good Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
2. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
3. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
5. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)