|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
(a) He does not hear Wagner's offer.
(b) He is eager to accept Wagner's offer.
(c) He is not interested in the job.
(d) He attempts to negotiate his rates.
2. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) A wax figure.
(b) The fall of Lucifer.
(c) A wax museum.
(d) The fall of Icarus.
3. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
(c) The Good Angel.
(d) The Bad Angel.
5. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That Lucifer refuses his offer.
(b) That Lucifer will accept the deal for Faustus's soul.
(c) That he will answer his questions about God and heaven.
(d) That Faustus is a fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. When do Wagner and the Clown enter "Dr. Faustus" together?
3. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who tells Faustus that it is not too late to turn back?
5. How does Faustus feel about the benefits of selling his soul?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)