|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Which friend to ask for advice.
(b) Whether to get married.
(c) Whether to quit school.
(d) Which way to turn his studies.
2. Whom is Faustus waiting for in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) The Good Angel.
(c) The Bad Angel.
3. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
(a) At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1.
(b) In Act 1, Scene 2.
(c) After the Good Angel and the Bad Angel leave Faustus.
(d) In the Prologue.
4. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That they are being expelled.
(b) Their question is unanswered.
(c) That Faustus is in class.
(d) That Faustus is at dinner with Valdes and Cornelius.
5. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
(a) A Franciscan friar.
(b) An angel.
(c) A pretty woman.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is Faustus waiting to learn in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
4. What does Wagner do to convince the Clown to acquiesce to his request?
5. Where does Faustus grow up?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)