|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) To trade his soul for 24 years of life with Mephastophilis as his servant.
(b) To pay Mephastophilis for magical books.
(c) None of these is correct.
(d) To leave Mephastophilis alone if he will answer Faustus's questions about God and heaven.
2. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
(a) His family.
3. Where does Faustus go to study?
4. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Where Faustus has gone.
(b) Why Faustus is angry with them.
(c) Who Mephastophilis is.
(d) Why God made death.
5. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What is the Clown's condition for agreeing to Wagner's request?
3. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What do the first set of books that Mephastophilis gives Faustus allow Faustus to do?
5. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)