|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
2. What does the Good Angel advise Faustus?
(a) To continue with his regular studies.
(b) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(c) To study magic.
(d) To return home to his family.
3. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) A wax figure.
(b) A wax museum.
(c) The fall of Icarus.
(d) The fall of Lucifer.
4. What is the Clown's condition for agreeing to Wagner's request?
(a) Wagner must introduce him to Helen of Troy.
(b) Wagner must teach him to summon devils too.
(c) Wagner must never summon devils again.
(d) Wagner must pay him more.
5. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What set of books does Faustus ask for?
3. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
4. What does Wagner want to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)