|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Wagner and the Clown enter "Dr. Faustus" together?
(a) At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4.
(b) At the end of Act 1, Scene 3.
(c) At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1.
(d) At the end of Act 1, Scene 4.
2. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
3. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
(a) Because of the power it would give him.
(b) Because Wagner suggests it.
(c) Because it sounds fun.
(d) Because it would make his parents proud.
4. What set of books does Faustus ask for?
(a) Books to control women.
(b) Books to summon troops of knights.
(c) Books to give him power over all the other demons and knowledge of the entire earth and universe.
(d) Books to control the weather.
5. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Frighten the Clown into submission at Wagner's request.
(b) Yell at Wagner for summoning them.
(c) Kill the Clown.
(d) They refuse to appear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows Faustus the things he has sold his soul for?
2. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is necromancy?
5. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)