|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What set of books does Faustus ask for?
(a) Books to summon troops of knights.
(b) Books to control women.
(c) Books to control the weather.
(d) Books to give him power over all the other demons and knowledge of the entire earth and universe.
2. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Kill the Clown.
(b) They refuse to appear.
(c) Yell at Wagner for summoning them.
(d) Frighten the Clown into submission at Wagner's request.
3. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What must Faustus use to sign the contract?
(a) A chicken's blood.
(b) A pen.
(c) A pencil.
(d) His blood.
5. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He plans to summon a demon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
2. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
4. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
5. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)