|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) The fall of Lucifer.
(b) The fall of Icarus.
(c) A wax figure.
(d) A wax museum.
3. What is Faustus waiting to learn in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) If Mephastophilis will kill him.
(b) If Lucifer will accept his offer.
(c) If he should renege on his offer.
(d) If he is going to be expelled.
4. Who speaks in the Prologue?
(a) Good and Bad Angels.
(b) The chorus.
5. What does Wagner do to convince the Clown to acquiesce to his request?
(a) Summons two devils.
(b) Offer him more money.
(c) Beg him.
(d) He does not try to convince the Clown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What does Wagner want to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
5. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)