|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
2. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
(a) Loan them money.
(b) Help them study.
(c) Quit school.
(d) Quit his magical studies.
3. What does the Bad Angel tell Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he should turn back from his deal.
(c) That he will go to hell if he does not back out of his deal.
(d) Reminds him of everything he can get out of his deal with the devil.
4. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he will answer his questions about God and heaven.
(b) That Lucifer will accept the deal for Faustus's soul.
(c) That Lucifer refuses his offer.
(d) That Faustus is a fool.
5. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They lost their keys.
(b) They want his help with Faustus.
(c) They want to have dinner with him.
(d) They need to borrow money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
2. Who tells Faustus that he can sleep with any woman on earth from any time?
3. Who is the main character in the play?
4. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)