|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wagner want to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Sleep with a woman.
(b) Kill Faustus.
(c) Summon Mephastophilis.
(d) Hire the Clown as his servant.
2. What is the Clown's condition for agreeing to Wagner's request?
(a) Wagner must introduce him to Helen of Troy.
(b) Wagner must teach him to summon devils too.
(c) Wagner must pay him more.
(d) Wagner must never summon devils again.
3. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They stay at Faustus's house.
(b) To practice their magical skills.
(c) To find women.
(d) To attend a play.
4. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They need to borrow money.
(b) They lost their keys.
(c) They want his help with Faustus.
(d) They want to have dinner with him.
5. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
(a) He does not hear Wagner's offer.
(b) He attempts to negotiate his rates.
(c) He is eager to accept Wagner's offer.
(d) He is not interested in the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
2. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
3. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
5. How does the Clown react to the appearance of the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)