|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks in the Prologue?
(a) The chorus.
(d) Good and Bad Angels.
2. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) Because they do not care about Faustus.
(b) Because they are also good friends with Valdes and Cornelius.
(c) Because the scholars do not like Valdes and Cornelius.
(d) Because Valdes and Cornelius are magicians and necromancers.
3. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
(a) Quit school.
(b) Loan them money.
(c) Help them study.
(d) Quit his magical studies.
4. Who is the main character in the play?
(c) Dr. John Faustus.
5. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Hell, heaven, and God.
(d) The Good Angel and the Bad Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
3. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
5. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)