|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Good Angel advise Faustus?
(a) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(b) To continue with his regular studies.
(c) To return home to his family.
(d) To study magic.
2. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) The fall of Icarus.
(b) The fall of Lucifer.
(c) A wax figure.
(d) A wax museum.
3. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Act as his servant.
(b) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
(c) Introduce him to Lucifer.
(d) Give him powers.
4. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
(a) An angel.
(b) A book.
(c) A Franciscan friar.
(d) A pretty woman.
5. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) To leave Mephastophilis alone if he will answer Faustus's questions about God and heaven.
(b) To trade his soul for 24 years of life with Mephastophilis as his servant.
(c) None of these is correct.
(d) To pay Mephastophilis for magical books.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
2. What is necromancy?
3. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
4. Who speaks in the Prologue?
5. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)