|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
2. Where does Faustus grow up?
(a) Rhodes, Germany.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) London, England.
(d) Wittenberg, Germany.
3. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He plans to summon a demon.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He is bored.
4. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) The fall of Icarus.
(b) A wax figure.
(c) A wax museum.
(d) The fall of Lucifer.
5. Who speaks in the Prologue?
(a) Good and Bad Angels.
(d) The chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. How does Faustus do in his studies?
3. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
5. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)