|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
(a) He plans to summon a demon.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He is frightened.
2. How does Faustus do in his studies?
(a) Very poorly.
(b) Financially well.
(d) He quits.
3. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) To leave Mephastophilis alone if he will answer Faustus's questions about God and heaven.
(b) None of these is correct.
(c) To pay Mephastophilis for magical books.
(d) To trade his soul for 24 years of life with Mephastophilis as his servant.
4. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
5. Where does Faustus go to study?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Who speaks in the Prologue?
3. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
4. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Who is the main character in the play?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)