|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
(a) In the Prologue.
(b) After the Good Angel and the Bad Angel leave Faustus.
(c) At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1.
(d) In Act 1, Scene 2.
3. How does Faustus do in his studies?
(a) He quits.
(c) Financially well.
(d) Very poorly.
4. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) They do not care.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are alarmed.
(d) They do not want to be friends with Faustus anymore.
5. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That they are being expelled.
(b) Their question is unanswered.
(c) That Faustus is at dinner with Valdes and Cornelius.
(d) That Faustus is in class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
2. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
3. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
4. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)