|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
2. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
(a) He tells Faustus it is a bad idea.
(b) He is interested and returns to hell to see if Lucifer will accept the offer.
(c) He refuses immediately.
(d) He disappears without responding.
3. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To practice their magical skills.
(b) To find women.
(c) To attend a play.
(d) They stay at Faustus's house.
4. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
5. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They lost their keys.
(b) They want to have dinner with him.
(c) They want his help with Faustus.
(d) They need to borrow money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
2. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
3. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
4. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
5. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)