|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
2. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
(a) He goes to the theater to watch a play.
(b) He hides.
(c) He goes to sleep.
(d) He draws a magic circle around himself.
4. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) Because they do not care about Faustus.
(b) Because Valdes and Cornelius are magicians and necromancers.
(c) Because they are also good friends with Valdes and Cornelius.
(d) Because the scholars do not like Valdes and Cornelius.
5. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
(a) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(b) Continue his regular studies.
(c) Become a member of the clergy.
(d) Study magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
5. Where does Faustus go to study?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)