|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
(a) Because it would make his parents proud.
(b) Because Wagner suggests it.
(c) Because it sounds fun.
(d) Because of the power it would give him.
2. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
3. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
(a) They do not visit Faustus.
(b) To torment him.
(c) Because they are friends.
(d) To give him advice.
4. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
5. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He hates the topic.
(b) He does not know anything about the topic.
(c) He will be punished if he talks about this topic.
(d) He does not want to remember how happy he was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Good Angel advise Faustus?
2. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
4. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
5. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)