|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
(a) Help them study.
(b) Quit school.
(c) Loan them money.
(d) Quit his magical studies.
2. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
(d) His family.
3. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
4. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He plans to summon a demon.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He is bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is necromancy?
2. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
3. How does Faustus do in his studies?
4. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
5. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)