|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
2. What is necromancy?
(a) The magical art of raising the dead.
(b) The art of summoning demons.
(c) Speaking to the devil.
(d) A relationship with God.
3. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) They are alarmed.
(b) They do not want to be friends with Faustus anymore.
(c) They do not care.
(d) They are happy.
5. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
2. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
4. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Who speaks in the Prologue?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)