|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) The fall of Lucifer.
(b) A wax museum.
(c) The fall of Icarus.
(d) A wax figure.
2. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They want to have dinner with him.
(b) They need to borrow money.
(c) They lost their keys.
(d) They want his help with Faustus.
3. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
4. Where does Faustus go to study?
5. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
(b) Hell, heaven, and God.
(d) The Good Angel and the Bad Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
2. Where does Faustus grow up?
3. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
4. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
5. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)