|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
(a) He refuses immediately.
(b) He tells Faustus it is a bad idea.
(c) He is interested and returns to hell to see if Lucifer will accept the offer.
(d) He disappears without responding.
2. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Act as his servant.
(b) Introduce him to Lucifer.
(c) Give him powers.
(d) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
3. Who is the main character in the play?
(d) Dr. John Faustus.
4. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) They are happy.
(b) They do not care.
(c) They are alarmed.
(d) They do not want to be friends with Faustus anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
3. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
5. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)