|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
(b) The Good Angel.
(d) The Bad Angel.
2. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) To trade his soul for 24 years of life with Mephastophilis as his servant.
(b) None of these is correct.
(c) To leave Mephastophilis alone if he will answer Faustus's questions about God and heaven.
(d) To pay Mephastophilis for magical books.
3. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That they are being expelled.
(b) That Faustus is at dinner with Valdes and Cornelius.
(c) That Faustus is in class.
(d) Their question is unanswered.
4. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
5. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
(a) A pretty woman.
(b) An angel.
(c) A Franciscan friar.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
2. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
4. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
5. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)