|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He plans to summon a demon.
2. Where does Faustus grow up?
(a) Rhodes, Germany.
(b) London, England.
(c) Rome, Italy.
(d) Wittenberg, Germany.
3. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) Because they do not care about Faustus.
(b) Because the scholars do not like Valdes and Cornelius.
(c) Because Valdes and Cornelius are magicians and necromancers.
(d) Because they are also good friends with Valdes and Cornelius.
5. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
2. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
3. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
4. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What is necromancy?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)