|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
2. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They want his help with Faustus.
(b) They lost their keys.
(c) They want to have dinner with him.
(d) They need to borrow money.
3. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
4. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) The fall of Lucifer.
(b) A wax figure.
(c) A wax museum.
(d) The fall of Icarus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
2. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
3. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
5. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)