|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
(a) Wagner and the Clown.
(c) Good and Bad Angels.
(d) Valdes and Cornelius.
2. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
(a) Continue his normal studies.
(b) Study magic.
(c) Quit school.
(d) Get married.
4. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
(a) Quit his magical studies.
(b) Loan them money.
(c) Help them study.
(d) Quit school.
5. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) The rector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
3. How does Faustus do in his studies?
4. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)