|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
(a) After the Good Angel and the Bad Angel leave Faustus.
(b) In Act 1, Scene 2.
(c) In the Prologue.
(d) At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1.
2. Who is the main character in the play?
(c) Dr. John Faustus.
3. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He plans to summon a demon.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He is tired.
4. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Who Mephastophilis is.
(b) Why God made death.
(c) Where Faustus has gone.
(d) Why Faustus is angry with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
2. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
3. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
4. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)