|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Where does Faustus grow up?
(a) Wittenberg, Germany.
(b) London, England.
(c) Rhodes, Germany.
(d) Rome, Italy.
3. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They want to have dinner with him.
(b) They want his help with Faustus.
(c) They need to borrow money.
(d) They lost their keys.
4. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) A wax museum.
(b) The fall of Icarus.
(c) The fall of Lucifer.
(d) A wax figure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
2. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
3. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)