|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is eager to learn magic.
(b) In order to have the demon at his beck and call.
(c) He is frightened of Mephastophilis.
(d) He does not offer a deal.
2. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
(a) A pretty woman.
(b) An angel.
(c) A Franciscan friar.
(d) A book.
3. What does Faustus study?
4. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
5. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) Because Valdes and Cornelius are magicians and necromancers.
(b) Because the scholars do not like Valdes and Cornelius.
(c) Because they are also good friends with Valdes and Cornelius.
(d) Because they do not care about Faustus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
2. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
3. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
4. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
5. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)