|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Who Mephastophilis is.
(b) Where Faustus has gone.
(c) Why God made death.
(d) Why Faustus is angry with them.
2. What is necromancy?
(a) A relationship with God.
(b) Speaking to the devil.
(c) The magical art of raising the dead.
(d) The art of summoning demons.
3. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
(a) Continue his normal studies.
(b) Get married.
(c) Quit school.
(d) Study magic.
4. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They want to have dinner with him.
(b) They need to borrow money.
(c) They lost their keys.
(d) They want his help with Faustus.
5. Who is the main character in the play?
(c) Dr. John Faustus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
2. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
3. Who speaks in the Prologue?
4. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)