|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
(d) The Clown.
2. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
(a) In Act 1, Scene 2.
(b) After the Good Angel and the Bad Angel leave Faustus.
(c) At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1.
(d) In the Prologue.
3. What does Faustus study?
4. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Whether to quit school.
(b) Which way to turn his studies.
(c) Whether to get married.
(d) Which friend to ask for advice.
5. What is necromancy?
(a) A relationship with God.
(b) The magical art of raising the dead.
(c) Speaking to the devil.
(d) The art of summoning demons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
2. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
3. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
4. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Where does Faustus grow up?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)