|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
2. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They want his help with Faustus.
(b) They want to have dinner with him.
(c) They lost their keys.
(d) They need to borrow money.
3. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Which way to turn his studies.
(b) Whether to quit school.
(c) Whether to get married.
(d) Which friend to ask for advice.
4. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Study magic.
(c) Quit school.
(d) Continue his normal studies.
5. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
(a) The Good Angel.
(c) The Bad Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
2. Where does Faustus grow up?
3. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
4. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
5. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)