|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He does not offer a deal.
(b) He is eager to learn magic.
(c) In order to have the demon at his beck and call.
(d) He is frightened of Mephastophilis.
2. Who is the main character in the play?
(b) Dr. John Faustus.
3. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They want his help with Faustus.
(b) They need to borrow money.
(c) They want to have dinner with him.
(d) They lost their keys.
4. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
(d) His family.
5. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
(a) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(b) Continue his regular studies.
(c) Become a member of the clergy.
(d) Study magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Faustus go to study?
2. What is necromancy?
3. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
4. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
5. What does Faustus study?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)