|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Continue his normal studies.
(c) Study magic.
(d) Quit school.
2. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
3. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is disgusted.
(b) He can only hear the demon, not see him.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is frightened.
4. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Hell, heaven, and God.
(d) The Good Angel and the Bad Angel.
5. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
(a) Quit his magical studies.
(b) Quit school.
(c) Help them study.
(d) Loan them money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
3. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
4. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
5. Where does Faustus grow up?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)