|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) A wax museum.
(b) A wax figure.
(c) The fall of Lucifer.
(d) The fall of Icarus.
2. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He does not offer a deal.
(b) He is eager to learn magic.
(c) He is frightened of Mephastophilis.
(d) In order to have the demon at his beck and call.
3. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
(a) They live together.
(b) They work together.
(c) They are friends.
(d) They are enemies.
4. Where does Faustus grow up?
(a) London, England.
(b) Wittenberg, Germany.
(c) Rhodes, Germany.
(d) Rome, Italy.
5. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Why God made death.
(b) Where Faustus has gone.
(c) Why Faustus is angry with them.
(d) Who Mephastophilis is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
3. What is necromancy?
4. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)