|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Who Mephastophilis is.
(b) Why Faustus is angry with them.
(c) Where Faustus has gone.
(d) Why God made death.
2. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
(a) Study magic.
(b) Continue his normal studies.
(c) Quit school.
(d) Get married.
3. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
(c) His family.
4. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) Because Valdes and Cornelius are magicians and necromancers.
(b) Because they are also good friends with Valdes and Cornelius.
(c) Because they do not care about Faustus.
(d) Because the scholars do not like Valdes and Cornelius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
3. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
4. What does the Good Angel advise Faustus?
5. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)