|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To practice their magical skills.
(b) They stay at Faustus's house.
(c) To find women.
(d) To attend a play.
3. Who speaks in the Prologue?
(c) Good and Bad Angels.
(d) The chorus.
4. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Their question is unanswered.
(b) That Faustus is in class.
(c) That Faustus is at dinner with Valdes and Cornelius.
(d) That they are being expelled.
5. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
(a) They are friends.
(b) They are enemies.
(c) They work together.
(d) They live together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
2. Where does Faustus grow up?
3. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
4. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who is the main character in the play?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)