|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
(a) After the Good Angel and the Bad Angel leave Faustus.
(b) In the Prologue.
(c) At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1.
(d) In Act 1, Scene 2.
2. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
(a) Because it sounds fun.
(b) Because Wagner suggests it.
(c) Because it would make his parents proud.
(d) Because of the power it would give him.
3. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
5. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus study?
2. Where does Faustus grow up?
3. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
4. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)