|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) The fall of Icarus.
(b) The fall of Lucifer.
(c) A wax figure.
(d) A wax museum.
3. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Where does Faustus grow up?
(a) London, England.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) Rhodes, Germany.
(d) Wittenberg, Germany.
5. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Their question is unanswered.
(b) That Faustus is in class.
(c) That Faustus is at dinner with Valdes and Cornelius.
(d) That they are being expelled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
2. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
3. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
4. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)