|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The rector.
2. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Which way to turn his studies.
(b) Which friend to ask for advice.
(c) Whether to quit school.
(d) Whether to get married.
3. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
(c) His family.
4. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
(a) Quit school.
(b) Help them study.
(c) Quit his magical studies.
(d) Loan them money.
5. Where does Faustus go to study?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is necromancy?
2. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
3. How does Faustus do in his studies?
4. What does the Good Angel advise Faustus?
5. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)