|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is necromancy?
(a) The art of summoning demons.
(b) A relationship with God.
(c) The magical art of raising the dead.
(d) Speaking to the devil.
2. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
3. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
(a) Study magic.
(b) Become a member of the clergy.
(c) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(d) Continue his regular studies.
4. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
(a) That Faustus has made a deal with the devil.
(b) That Faustus is stupid.
(c) That Faustus is performing magic again.
(d) That Faustus is quitting school.
5. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
2. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
3. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
4. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)