|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
2. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
3. What is necromancy?
(a) The art of summoning demons.
(b) Speaking to the devil.
(c) A relationship with God.
(d) The magical art of raising the dead.
4. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
(a) To give him advice.
(b) Because they are friends.
(c) To torment him.
(d) They do not visit Faustus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faustus do in his studies?
2. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
3. Where does Faustus grow up?
4. Who is the main character in the play?
5. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)