|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
(a) To give him advice.
(b) They do not visit Faustus.
(c) To torment him.
(d) Because they are friends.
2. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
(a) Become a member of the clergy.
(b) Continue his regular studies.
(c) Study magic.
(d) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
3. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Which way to turn his studies.
(b) Whether to get married.
(c) Whether to quit school.
(d) Which friend to ask for advice.
5. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
(a) That Faustus is quitting school.
(b) That Faustus has made a deal with the devil.
(c) That Faustus is stupid.
(d) That Faustus is performing magic again.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
2. What does the Good Angel advise Faustus?
3. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
4. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)