|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
(a) Study magic.
(b) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(c) Become a member of the clergy.
(d) Continue his regular studies.
2. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
4. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) They are happy.
(b) They do not want to be friends with Faustus anymore.
(c) They are alarmed.
(d) They do not care.
5. Who is the main character in the play?
(d) Dr. John Faustus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
2. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What is necromancy?
4. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
5. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)