|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus study?
2. How does Faustus do in his studies?
(a) Financially well.
(b) Very poorly.
(d) He quits.
3. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
(a) They do not visit Faustus.
(b) To give him advice.
(c) Because they are friends.
(d) To torment him.
5. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
(a) That Faustus has made a deal with the devil.
(b) That Faustus is quitting school.
(c) That Faustus is stupid.
(d) That Faustus is performing magic again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
2. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
3. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
4. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
5. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)