|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Faustus grow up?
(a) Rhodes, Germany.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) London, England.
(d) Wittenberg, Germany.
2. How does Faustus do in his studies?
(a) Financially well.
(b) He quits.
(c) Very poorly.
3. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) The fall of Icarus.
(b) A wax museum.
(c) The fall of Lucifer.
(d) A wax figure.
4. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
(d) The Clown.
5. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
(a) To torment him.
(b) Because they are friends.
(c) To give him advice.
(d) They do not visit Faustus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
3. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
4. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
5. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)