|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
(a) They live together.
(b) They work together.
(c) They are friends.
(d) They are enemies.
2. Where does Faustus grow up?
(a) Rome, Italy.
(b) Wittenberg, Germany.
(c) London, England.
(d) Rhodes, Germany.
3. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) They do not want to be friends with Faustus anymore.
(b) They do not care.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They are alarmed.
4. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Whether to get married.
(b) Which friend to ask for advice.
(c) Whether to quit school.
(d) Which way to turn his studies.
5. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(c) The rector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
2. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
4. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
5. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)