|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Whether to quit school.
(b) Which way to turn his studies.
(c) Which friend to ask for advice.
(d) Whether to get married.
3. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
(a) The Clown.
4. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
(a) Because it would make his parents proud.
(b) Because it sounds fun.
(c) Because Wagner suggests it.
(d) Because of the power it would give him.
5. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
(a) In Act 1, Scene 2.
(b) After the Good Angel and the Bad Angel leave Faustus.
(c) In the Prologue.
(d) At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
2. What is necromancy?
3. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
5. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)