|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To find women.
(b) To practice their magical skills.
(c) To attend a play.
(d) They stay at Faustus's house.
2. What does Faustus study?
3. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
4. Who is the main character in the play?
(a) Dr. John Faustus.
5. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
3. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
4. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
5. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)