|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
(c) The Clown.
2. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) Because Valdes and Cornelius are magicians and necromancers.
(b) Because they do not care about Faustus.
(c) Because the scholars do not like Valdes and Cornelius.
(d) Because they are also good friends with Valdes and Cornelius.
3. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
(a) They are friends.
(b) They are enemies.
(c) They live together.
(d) They work together.
4. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
(a) Because Wagner suggests it.
(b) Because it sounds fun.
(c) Because of the power it would give him.
(d) Because it would make his parents proud.
5. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Whether to quit school.
(b) Which way to turn his studies.
(c) Which friend to ask for advice.
(d) Whether to get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
2. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
3. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Where does Faustus grow up?
5. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)