|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus study?
2. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
(a) They are enemies.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They work together.
(d) They live together.
3. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
(a) To torment him.
(b) To give him advice.
(c) Because they are friends.
(d) They do not visit Faustus.
4. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
(a) Study magic.
(b) Continue his regular studies.
(c) Become a member of the clergy.
(d) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
5. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) A wax museum.
(b) A wax figure.
(c) The fall of Icarus.
(d) The fall of Lucifer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is necromancy?
2. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
3. What does the Good Angel advise Faustus?
4. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
5. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)