|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is necromancy?
(a) A relationship with God.
(b) Speaking to the devil.
(c) The art of summoning demons.
(d) The magical art of raising the dead.
2. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The rector.
4. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
(a) Loan them money.
(b) Quit school.
(c) Help them study.
(d) Quit his magical studies.
5. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
(a) In Act 1, Scene 2.
(b) In the Prologue.
(c) At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1.
(d) After the Good Angel and the Bad Angel leave Faustus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
2. Where does Faustus grow up?
3. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
4. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)