|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
(a) Continue his regular studies.
(b) Study magic.
(c) Become a member of the clergy.
(d) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
2. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They need to borrow money.
(b) They want his help with Faustus.
(c) They lost their keys.
(d) They want to have dinner with him.
3. Who speaks in the Prologue?
(a) The chorus.
(b) Good and Bad Angels.
4. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
(a) Study magic.
(b) Continue his normal studies.
(c) Quit school.
(d) Get married.
5. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Faustus grow up?
2. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
3. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who is the main character in the play?
5. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)