|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
(a) Quit his magical studies.
(b) Loan them money.
(c) Quit school.
(d) Help them study.
2. What is necromancy?
(a) The art of summoning demons.
(b) Speaking to the devil.
(c) The magical art of raising the dead.
(d) A relationship with God.
3. Where does Faustus go to study?
4. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
(a) In the Prologue.
(b) In Act 1, Scene 2.
(c) After the Good Angel and the Bad Angel leave Faustus.
(d) At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1.
5. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
2. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
3. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
5. Where does Faustus grow up?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)