|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
2. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
(a) They live together.
(b) They work together.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are friends.
3. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) The rector.
4. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They want to have dinner with him.
(b) They lost their keys.
(c) They need to borrow money.
(d) They want his help with Faustus.
5. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
(a) Continue his normal studies.
(b) Get married.
(c) Study magic.
(d) Quit school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
2. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
4. Where does Faustus grow up?
5. Who is the main character in the play?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)