|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
(a) After the Good Angel and the Bad Angel leave Faustus.
(b) In Act 1, Scene 2.
(c) At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1.
(d) In the Prologue.
2. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
(a) To torment him.
(b) Because they are friends.
(c) To give him advice.
(d) They do not visit Faustus.
3. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Why God made death.
(b) Where Faustus has gone.
(c) Why Faustus is angry with them.
(d) Who Mephastophilis is.
4. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
(a) Continue his normal studies.
(b) Study magic.
(c) Quit school.
(d) Get married.
5. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) Because they do not care about Faustus.
(b) Because the scholars do not like Valdes and Cornelius.
(c) Because Valdes and Cornelius are magicians and necromancers.
(d) Because they are also good friends with Valdes and Cornelius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is necromancy?
2. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
3. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
4. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
5. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)