|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
(a) Quit school.
(b) Quit his magical studies.
(c) Help them study.
(d) Loan them money.
2. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) Because they do not care about Faustus.
(b) Because the scholars do not like Valdes and Cornelius.
(c) Because Valdes and Cornelius are magicians and necromancers.
(d) Because they are also good friends with Valdes and Cornelius.
3. How does Faustus do in his studies?
(b) He quits.
(c) Very poorly.
(d) Financially well.
4. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
(a) Good and Bad Angels.
(b) Valdes and Cornelius.
(d) Wagner and the Clown.
5. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
(c) The Clown.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
2. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
3. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
4. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)