|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What set of books does Faustus ask for?
(a) Books to give him power over all the other demons and knowledge of the entire earth and universe.
(b) Books to summon troops of knights.
(c) Books to control women.
(d) Books to control the weather.
2. Who shows Faustus the things he has sold his soul for?
(a) The Bad Angel.
(b) A series of devils.
3. What is being carried as Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
(b) A candle stick.
(c) A silver goblet.
(d) A book.
4. Who does Faustus say retrieved the grapes?
(a) A spirit.
(d) Helen of Troy.
5. What is the setting of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Faustus's house.
(b) The woods.
(c) The house of the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt.
(d) Carolus's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is awestruck at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
2. How does Faustus feel about the benefits of selling his soul?
3. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
4. What does Lucifer demand of Faustus in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)