|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
(a) That Faustus has made a deal with the devil.
(b) That Faustus is performing magic again.
(c) That Faustus is stupid.
(d) That Faustus is quitting school.
3. When do Wagner and the Clown enter "Dr. Faustus" together?
(a) At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1.
(b) At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4.
(c) At the end of Act 1, Scene 3.
(d) At the end of Act 1, Scene 4.
4. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) Because they do not care about Faustus.
(b) Because Valdes and Cornelius are magicians and necromancers.
(c) Because they are also good friends with Valdes and Cornelius.
(d) Because the scholars do not like Valdes and Cornelius.
5. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he loves God too much to offer his soul to the devil.
(b) That he did something immoral by offering his soul to the devil.
(c) That Mephastophilis is not powerful enough to be a helpful servant.
(d) That he does not want to study magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What set of books does Faustus ask for?
2. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
3. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
4. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
5. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)