|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick?
2. How does the Pope react to Faustus's actions?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Crosses himself.
(c) Hides behind a curtain.
3. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
(a) A book.
(b) A Franciscan friar.
(c) An angel.
(d) A pretty woman.
4. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
(a) Quit his magical studies.
(b) Loan them money.
(c) Help them study.
(d) Quit school.
5. Whom does Faustus summon from the dead in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) King Arthur.
(b) Helen of Troy.
(c) Alexander the Great.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
3. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What do Mephastophilis and Faustus do to the people singing a dirge at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What does the Duke of Vanholt promise?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)