|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is Faustus eager to please in Act 4, Scene 3?
(c) The pregnant Duchess of Vanholt.
(d) The Duke of Vanholt.
2. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They stay at Faustus's house.
(b) To find women.
(c) To practice their magical skills.
(d) To attend a play.
3. What does Wagner first offer the Clown as payment for his service?
(a) French crowns.
(c) American dollars.
(d) British pounds.
4. What is Robin's occupation?
5. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
(a) Because the Clown does not like Wagner.
(b) It is not offensive.
(c) Because French crowns are devalued to the point of being practically worthless.
(d) Because Wagner refuses to pay at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting for at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
3. How do the Duke and Duchess of Vanholt feel about Faustus's feat?
4. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
5. Who returns to the room, singing a dirge, in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)