|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
(a) He draws a magic circle around himself.
(b) He goes to sleep.
(c) He goes to the theater to watch a play.
(d) He hides.
2. Why does the Horse-Courser offer Faustus more money?
(a) To give him some food.
(b) To sell him another horse.
(c) To command Mephastophilis to let him go.
(d) To allow him to sleep there.
3. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They stay at Faustus's house.
(b) To attend a play.
(c) To find women.
(d) To practice their magical skills.
4. Where does Faustus go to study?
5. Who returns to the room, singing a dirge, in Act 3, Scene 1?
(d) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is taken with Faustus in Act 4, Scene 3?
2. What does Robin do when he grows tired of the Vintner?
3. Whom does Carolus want to see in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. How does Faustus feel about the benefits of selling his soul?
5. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)