|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which human arrives in the middle of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Vintner.
2. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
(a) He goes to sleep.
(b) He draws a magic circle around himself.
(c) He hides.
(d) He goes to the theater to watch a play.
3. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Act as his servant.
(b) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
(c) Give him powers.
(d) Introduce him to Lucifer.
4. How does Faustus respond to Carolus' request at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He complies.
(c) He leaves angrily.
(d) He refuses.
5. Why does the new arrival in Act 4, Scene 1 approach Faustus?
(a) Steal Faustus's money.
(b) Fight Faustus.
(c) Buy Faustus's horse.
(d) Borrow Mephastophilis to act as his servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who is Robin's friend that enters in the middle of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who does Faustus play a joke on in Act 4, Scene 1?
5. What does Faustus do to make the churchmen leave the room?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)