|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
(a) The Bad Angel.
(d) The Good Angel.
2. What will Robin's book allow him to do?
(a) Obtain knowledge of the universe.
(b) Travel to hell and back to earth.
(c) Conjure devils and enchant women to do his bidding.
(d) Control the weather.
3. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Frighten the Clown into submission at Wagner's request.
(b) Yell at Wagner for summoning them.
(c) They refuse to appear.
(d) Kill the Clown.
4. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
(a) To torment him.
(b) Because they are friends.
(c) They do not visit Faustus.
(d) To give him advice.
5. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he does not want to study magic.
(b) That he did something immoral by offering his soul to the devil.
(c) That Mephastophilis is not powerful enough to be a helpful servant.
(d) That he loves God too much to offer his soul to the devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. When does Robin first appear in "Dr. Faustus"?
3. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
4. In Act 3, Scene 2, why does Robin summon Mephastophilis?
5. What does Carolus promise Faustus in Act 4, Scene 1 after Faustus adheres to Carolus' request?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)