|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Summon Helen of Troy.
(b) Kill the Duke of Vanholt.
(c) Get the best grapes that the Duchess of Vanholt has ever tasted.
(d) Summon Alexander the Great.
2. What does Faustus do when the Pope arrives?
(a) Becomes visible.
(b) Prays to God for forgiveness.
(c) He dies.
(d) Steals the Pope's food and wine.
3. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
(a) He does not hear Wagner's offer.
(b) He attempts to negotiate his rates.
(c) He is eager to accept Wagner's offer.
(d) He is not interested in the job.
4. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Rafe and Robin.
(b) Mephastophilis and Lucifer.
(c) Baliol and Belcher.
(d) Wagner and Faustus.
5. What does Wagner want to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Summon Mephastophilis.
(b) Sleep with a woman.
(c) Hire the Clown as his servant.
(d) Kill Faustus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus tell the Horse-Courser not to do?
2. How does Faustus respond to Carolus' request at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
3. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What does Robin offer his friend?
5. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)