|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
(a) They are friends.
(b) They live together.
(c) They work together.
(d) They are enemies.
2. How does Carolus feel about Faustus's trick?
3. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They want his help with Faustus.
(b) They need to borrow money.
(c) They lost their keys.
(d) They want to have dinner with him.
4. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
(a) He hides.
(b) He goes to sleep.
(c) He draws a magic circle around himself.
(d) He goes to the theater to watch a play.
5. Who is awestruck at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
(c) The Duke of Vanholt.
(d) The Duchess of Vanholt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
2. What is Faustus discussing with his guests in Act 5, Scene 1?
3. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
4. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
5. What does Mephastophilis warn the Horse-Courser not to do?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)