|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus decide after considering whether he should repent?
(a) To back out of his deal with Lucifer.
(b) He cannot go to heaven anyway so he should just use the devil to obtain all of his earthly desires.
(c) He does not make a decision.
(d) To pray for forgiveness.
2. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Which friend to ask for advice.
(b) Whether to quit school.
(c) Whether to get married.
(d) Which way to turn his studies.
4. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) He hits his attacker.
(b) He asks the attacker to leave him alone.
(c) He tells Mephastophilis to do something about him.
(d) He wants the attacker to die.
5. How does Faustus respond to Carolus' request at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) He leaves angrily.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He complies.
(d) He laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What is Robin carrying?
3. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. How does the Pope react to Faustus's actions?
5. Where does Faustus grow up?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)