|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Their question is unanswered.
(b) That Faustus is in class.
(c) That Faustus is at dinner with Valdes and Cornelius.
(d) That they are being expelled.
2. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Rafe and Robin.
(b) Baliol and Belcher.
(c) Wagner and Faustus.
(d) Mephastophilis and Lucifer.
3. From where does Mephastophilis retrieve Alexander the Great?
4. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) Because they do not care about Faustus.
(b) Because the scholars do not like Valdes and Cornelius.
(c) Because they are also good friends with Valdes and Cornelius.
(d) Because Valdes and Cornelius are magicians and necromancers.
5. How does Robin feel about his new acquisition?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faustus do in his studies?
2. Whom does Mephastophilis return to Faustus with in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Who enters the room with a large retinue of attendants in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. How is the object being carried in Act 3, Scene 2 obtained?
5. What is Faustus doing at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)