|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Mephastophilis retrieve Alexander the Great?
2. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
3. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
(a) After the Good Angel and the Bad Angel leave Faustus.
(b) In Act 1, Scene 2.
(c) In the Prologue.
(d) At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1.
4. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
(a) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(b) Become a member of the clergy.
(c) Study magic.
(d) Continue his regular studies.
5. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) He hits his attacker.
(b) He asks the attacker to leave him alone.
(c) He tells Mephastophilis to do something about him.
(d) He wants the attacker to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Faustus say he got the grapes?
2. How does the Old Man send the devils away?
3. Who speaks in the Prologue?
4. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
5. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)