|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
(a) Because the Clown does not like Wagner.
(b) It is not offensive.
(c) Because Wagner refuses to pay at all.
(d) Because French crowns are devalued to the point of being practically worthless.
2. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
(b) Valdes and Cornelius.
(c) Good and Bad Angels.
(d) Wagner and the Clown.
3. What is necromancy?
(a) Speaking to the devil.
(b) The magical art of raising the dead.
(c) The art of summoning demons.
(d) A relationship with God.
4. How does the Clown react to the appearance of the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He dies.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He cries.
(d) He laughs.
5. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Who Mephastophilis is.
(b) Why Faustus is angry with them.
(c) Why God made death.
(d) Where Faustus has gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
2. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
4. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
5. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)