|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What is necromancy?
(a) A relationship with God.
(b) The magical art of raising the dead.
(c) The art of summoning demons.
(d) Speaking to the devil.
3. What does the Clown agree to do after the devils leave in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Work for Faustus.
(b) Be Wagner's servant.
(c) Practice magic.
(d) Go to hell.
4. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
(a) In Act 1, Scene 2.
(b) At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1.
(c) After the Good Angel and the Bad Angel leave Faustus.
(d) In the Prologue.
5. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) The fall of Icarus.
(b) A wax figure.
(c) A wax museum.
(d) The fall of Lucifer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
2. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
3. Who speaks in the Prologue?
4. What does Wagner do to convince the Clown to acquiesce to his request?
5. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)