|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Study magic.
(c) Quit school.
(d) Continue his normal studies.
2. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Kill the Clown.
(b) They refuse to appear.
(c) Yell at Wagner for summoning them.
(d) Frighten the Clown into submission at Wagner's request.
3. What does Wagner want to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Sleep with a woman.
(b) Hire the Clown as his servant.
(c) Kill Faustus.
(d) Summon Mephastophilis.
4. What is the relationship between the scholars and Faustus?
(a) They live together.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They work together.
(d) They are enemies.
5. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) Because they are also good friends with Valdes and Cornelius.
(b) Because Valdes and Cornelius are magicians and necromancers.
(c) Because they do not care about Faustus.
(d) Because the scholars do not like Valdes and Cornelius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
4. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
5. How does the Clown react to the appearance of the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)