|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
(a) He is not interested in the job.
(b) He does not hear Wagner's offer.
(c) He is eager to accept Wagner's offer.
(d) He attempts to negotiate his rates.
2. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Kill the Clown.
(b) Yell at Wagner for summoning them.
(c) They refuse to appear.
(d) Frighten the Clown into submission at Wagner's request.
3. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
5. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Wagner and Faustus.
(b) Rafe and Robin.
(c) Baliol and Belcher.
(d) Mephastophilis and Lucifer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
2. What does Faustus study?
3. What does Wagner first offer the Clown as payment for his service?
4. Who speaks in the Prologue?
5. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)