|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
(a) His family.
2. Where does Faustus go to study?
3. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
(a) He hides.
(b) He goes to sleep.
(c) He draws a magic circle around himself.
(d) He goes to the theater to watch a play.
4. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Act as his servant.
(b) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
(c) Introduce him to Lucifer.
(d) Give him powers.
5. What does Wagner first offer the Clown as payment for his service?
(a) French crowns.
(b) British pounds.
(d) American dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
4. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
5. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)