|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He can only hear the demon, not see him.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is disgusted.
2. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
(a) Because French crowns are devalued to the point of being practically worthless.
(b) It is not offensive.
(c) Because the Clown does not like Wagner.
(d) Because Wagner refuses to pay at all.
3. What does Wagner want to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Sleep with a woman.
(b) Kill Faustus.
(c) Hire the Clown as his servant.
(d) Summon Mephastophilis.
4. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) To leave Mephastophilis alone if he will answer Faustus's questions about God and heaven.
(b) To pay Mephastophilis for magical books.
(c) None of these is correct.
(d) To trade his soul for 24 years of life with Mephastophilis as his servant.
5. How does the Clown react to the appearance of the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He cries.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
2. How does Faustus do in his studies?
3. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
4. What does the Clown agree to do after the devils leave in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)