|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
(a) He tells Faustus it is a bad idea.
(b) He is interested and returns to hell to see if Lucifer will accept the offer.
(c) He refuses immediately.
(d) He disappears without responding.
2. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He does not want to remember how happy he was.
(b) He hates the topic.
(c) He does not know anything about the topic.
(d) He will be punished if he talks about this topic.
3. What does Wagner first offer the Clown as payment for his service?
(b) American dollars.
(c) British pounds.
(d) French crowns.
4. What does Wagner want to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Kill Faustus.
(b) Hire the Clown as his servant.
(c) Summon Mephastophilis.
(d) Sleep with a woman.
5. Who is the main character in the play?
(b) Dr. John Faustus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
2. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
3. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
4. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)