|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) They are alarmed.
(b) They do not want to be friends with Faustus anymore.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They do not care.
2. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To find women.
(b) To attend a play.
(c) They stay at Faustus's house.
(d) To practice their magical skills.
3. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
(a) Because of the power it would give him.
(b) Because Wagner suggests it.
(c) Because it sounds fun.
(d) Because it would make his parents proud.
4. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
5. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Mephastophilis and Lucifer.
(b) Wagner and Faustus.
(c) Baliol and Belcher.
(d) Rafe and Robin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Wagner want to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What do the scholars assume Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius means?
4. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
5. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)