|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Where Faustus has gone.
(b) Who Mephastophilis is.
(c) Why God made death.
(d) Why Faustus is angry with them.
2. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
(a) Study magic.
(b) Get married.
(c) Quit school.
(d) Continue his normal studies.
3. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Kill the Clown.
(b) Yell at Wagner for summoning them.
(c) They refuse to appear.
(d) Frighten the Clown into submission at Wagner's request.
5. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
(a) Because Wagner refuses to pay at all.
(b) It is not offensive.
(c) Because French crowns are devalued to the point of being practically worthless.
(d) Because the Clown does not like Wagner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
3. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
5. How does Faustus do in his studies?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)