|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
2. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
(a) Because of the power it would give him.
(b) Because Wagner suggests it.
(c) Because it sounds fun.
(d) Because it would make his parents proud.
3. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Rafe and Robin.
(b) Wagner and Faustus.
(c) Baliol and Belcher.
(d) Mephastophilis and Lucifer.
4. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
(b) Good and Bad Angels.
(c) Wagner and the Clown.
(d) Valdes and Cornelius.
5. Who is the main character in the play?
(c) Dr. John Faustus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Where does Faustus go to study?
4. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
5. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)