|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
(a) Valdes and Cornelius.
(b) Good and Bad Angels.
(d) Wagner and the Clown.
2. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What are the names of the devils that appear in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Rafe and Robin.
(b) Mephastophilis and Lucifer.
(c) Wagner and Faustus.
(d) Baliol and Belcher.
4. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
(a) Because French crowns are devalued to the point of being practically worthless.
(b) Because the Clown does not like Wagner.
(c) Because Wagner refuses to pay at all.
(d) It is not offensive.
5. What does the Clown beg Wagner to do about the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) Summon Helen of Troy.
(c) Pay him more.
(d) Send them away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wagner do to convince the Clown to acquiesce to his request?
2. Where does Faustus go to study?
3. What is the Clown's condition for agreeing to Wagner's request?
4. What does the Good Angel advise Faustus?
5. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)