|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) They refuse to appear.
(b) Kill the Clown.
(c) Frighten the Clown into submission at Wagner's request.
(d) Yell at Wagner for summoning them.
2. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
(a) Study magic.
(b) Quit school.
(c) Continue his normal studies.
(d) Get married.
3. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
4. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) Because Valdes and Cornelius are magicians and necromancers.
(b) Because they are also good friends with Valdes and Cornelius.
(c) Because they do not care about Faustus.
(d) Because the scholars do not like Valdes and Cornelius.
5. What does the Clown beg Wagner to do about the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Summon Helen of Troy.
(b) Send them away.
(d) Pay him more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
2. Who speaks in the Prologue?
3. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
4. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
5. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)