|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To attend a play.
(b) To practice their magical skills.
(c) To find women.
(d) They stay at Faustus's house.
3. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) They do not want to be friends with Faustus anymore.
(b) They do not care.
(c) They are alarmed.
(d) They are happy.
4. Where does Faustus grow up?
(a) Rhodes, Germany.
(b) Wittenberg, Germany.
(c) London, England.
(d) Rome, Italy.
5. What do the scholars want Faustus to do?
(a) Loan them money.
(b) Help them study.
(c) Quit his magical studies.
(d) Quit school.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Where does Faustus go to study?
5. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)