|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Kill the Clown.
(b) Frighten the Clown into submission at Wagner's request.
(c) Yell at Wagner for summoning them.
(d) They refuse to appear.
2. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Which friend to ask for advice.
(b) Whether to quit school.
(c) Which way to turn his studies.
(d) Whether to get married.
3. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
(a) Because Wagner suggests it.
(b) Because of the power it would give him.
(c) Because it would make his parents proud.
(d) Because it sounds fun.
4. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
(a) Continue his regular studies.
(b) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(c) Become a member of the clergy.
(d) Study magic.
5. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
(c) The Good Angel.
(d) The Bad Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks in the Prologue?
2. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
3. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
5. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)