|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(d) The rector.
2. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
(a) He disappears without responding.
(b) He refuses immediately.
(c) He is interested and returns to hell to see if Lucifer will accept the offer.
(d) He tells Faustus it is a bad idea.
3. Where does Faustus grow up?
(a) London, England.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) Rhodes, Germany.
(d) Wittenberg, Germany.
4. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) Because they are also good friends with Valdes and Cornelius.
(b) Because Valdes and Cornelius are magicians and necromancers.
(c) Because the scholars do not like Valdes and Cornelius.
(d) Because they do not care about Faustus.
5. How does Faustus do in his studies?
(a) Very poorly.
(b) He quits.
(d) Financially well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
2. Who is the main character in the play?
3. What does Wagner do to convince the Clown to acquiesce to his request?
4. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
5. What does Faustus study?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)