|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
2. What does the Clown beg Wagner to do about the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Pay him more.
(b) Send them away.
(d) Summon Helen of Troy.
3. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
(a) Because the Clown does not like Wagner.
(b) Because Wagner refuses to pay at all.
(c) It is not offensive.
(d) Because French crowns are devalued to the point of being practically worthless.
4. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
(d) His family.
5. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
(a) Wagner and the Clown.
(b) Valdes and Cornelius.
(c) Good and Bad Angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
2. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
3. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)