|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
(b) The Clown.
2. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
(a) Because French crowns are devalued to the point of being practically worthless.
(b) Because Wagner refuses to pay at all.
(c) Because the Clown does not like Wagner.
(d) It is not offensive.
3. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
(a) Because it would make his parents proud.
(b) Because it sounds fun.
(c) Because Wagner suggests it.
(d) Because of the power it would give him.
4. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is eager to learn magic.
(b) In order to have the demon at his beck and call.
(c) He is frightened of Mephastophilis.
(d) He does not offer a deal.
5. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That Faustus is in class.
(b) That they are being expelled.
(c) That Faustus is at dinner with Valdes and Cornelius.
(d) Their question is unanswered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
2. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
4. How does Faustus do in his studies?
5. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)