|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Whether to quit school.
(b) Which friend to ask for advice.
(c) Whether to get married.
(d) Which way to turn his studies.
2. Where does Faustus go to study?
3. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
(a) The fall of Lucifer.
(b) The fall of Icarus.
(c) A wax museum.
(d) A wax figure.
4. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) They are alarmed.
(b) They do not want to be friends with Faustus anymore.
(c) They do not care.
(d) They are happy.
5. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
(a) Continue his regular studies.
(b) Study magic.
(c) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(d) Become a member of the clergy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
2. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
3. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What does the Clown beg Wagner to do about the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)