|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom do the scholars pose their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
3. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
(a) The Bad Angel.
(c) The Good Angel.
4. What does the Good Angel advise Faustus?
(a) To study magic.
(b) To return home to his family.
(c) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(d) To continue with his regular studies.
5. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is necromancy?
2. Who speaks in the Prologue?
3. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
5. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)