|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Clown react to the appearance of the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He cries.
(b) He dies.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He runs away.
2. Why is Wagner's first offer of payment so offensive to the Clown?
(a) Because Wagner refuses to pay at all.
(b) Because the Clown does not like Wagner.
(c) Because French crowns are devalued to the point of being practically worthless.
(d) It is not offensive.
3. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
(c) The Clown.
4. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) They are happy.
(b) They do not care.
(c) They are alarmed.
(d) They do not want to be friends with Faustus anymore.
5. Where does Faustus go to study?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What do the devils do in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
4. Where does Faustus grow up?
5. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)