|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Clown agree to do after the devils leave in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Work for Faustus.
(b) Be Wagner's servant.
(c) Practice magic.
(d) Go to hell.
2. How do the scholars feel about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
(a) They are alarmed.
(b) They do not care.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They do not want to be friends with Faustus anymore.
3. Where does Faustus go to study?
4. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
(a) He hides.
(b) He goes to sleep.
(c) He draws a magic circle around himself.
(d) He goes to the theater to watch a play.
5. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
(a) He is not interested in the job.
(b) He attempts to negotiate his rates.
(c) He is eager to accept Wagner's offer.
(d) He does not hear Wagner's offer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faustus do in his studies?
2. How many scholars appear in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Why do the scholars decide to visit someone at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
5. To what does the term "waxen wings" in line 21 of the Prologue allude?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)