Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the scholars learn in response to their question in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That Faustus is in class.
(b) That they are being expelled.
(c) That Faustus is at dinner with Valdes and Cornelius.
(d) Their question is unanswered.
2. What does the Clown beg Wagner to do about the devils in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Pay him more.
(c) Summon Helen of Troy.
(d) Send them away.
3. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is disgusted.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He can only hear the demon, not see him.
4. What do the scholars wonder in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Where Faustus has gone.
(b) Why God made death.
(c) Why Faustus is angry with them.
(d) Who Mephastophilis is.
5. What does the Clown think about Wagner's offer?
(a) He is eager to accept Wagner's offer.
(b) He attempts to negotiate his rates.
(c) He is not interested in the job.
(d) He does not hear Wagner's offer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Clown's condition for agreeing to Wagner's request?
2. Whom do the scholars ask about in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
4. Whom do the scholars decide to visit at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why do the scholars feel the way they do about Faustus spending time with Valdes and Cornelius?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)