|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mephastophilis return to Faustus with in Act 2, Scene 3?
(c) The Bad Angel.
2. How does Faustus feel about the benefits of selling his soul?
(c) Overjoyed because he can truly enjoy life now.
(d) Like he has betrayed God.
3. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. How does the Pope react to Faustus's actions?
(a) Hides behind a curtain.
(b) Crosses himself.
(c) Runs away.
5. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) In order to have the demon at his beck and call.
(b) He is eager to learn magic.
(c) He does not offer a deal.
(d) He is frightened of Mephastophilis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the first set of books that Mephastophilis gives Faustus allow Faustus to do?
2. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
3. Who tells Faustus that he can sleep with any woman on earth from any time?
4. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
5. Who shows Faustus the things he has sold his soul for?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)