|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) To trade his soul for 24 years of life with Mephastophilis as his servant.
(b) None of these is correct.
(c) To leave Mephastophilis alone if he will answer Faustus's questions about God and heaven.
(d) To pay Mephastophilis for magical books.
2. What must Faustus use to sign the contract?
(a) A pen.
(b) A chicken's blood.
(c) His blood.
(d) A pencil.
3. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
(a) Quit school.
(b) Continue his normal studies.
(c) Study magic.
(d) Get married.
4. Who tells Faustus that he can sleep with any woman on earth from any time?
(c) The Bad Angel.
5. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Helen of Troy.
(d) Ancient Greece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
3. To whom does Lucifer offer to introduce Faustus?
4. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What do Mephastophilis and Faustus do to the people singing a dirge at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)