|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who returns to the room, singing a dirge, in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Pope.
2. Why does Mephastophilis leave Faustus?
(a) Because he is tired.
(b) Because Wagner summons him.
(c) Because it is daylight.
(d) Because he is disgusted with the persistent questions about God and heaven.
3. What does the Good Angel advise Faustus?
(a) To return home to his family.
(b) To continue with his regular studies.
(c) To study magic.
(d) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
4. What does Faustus ask for instead of his original plan in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
(b) To see hell.
(c) To meet Helen of Troy.
(d) To be made invisible.
5. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
(a) Wagner and the Clown.
(b) Good and Bad Angels.
(c) Valdes and Cornelius.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Who is waiting in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
4. What must Faustus use to sign the contract?
5. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)