|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
(b) Act as his servant.
(c) Give him powers.
(d) Introduce him to Lucifer.
2. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
(a) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(b) Study magic.
(c) Continue his regular studies.
(d) Become a member of the clergy.
3. What does Faustus do to make the churchmen leave the room?
(a) Boxes the Pope's ears.
(b) Steal the Pope's food.
(c) Laugh very loud.
(d) The churchmen do not leave.
4. Why does Mephastophilis leave Faustus?
(a) Because it is daylight.
(b) Because he is tired.
(c) Because Wagner summons him.
(d) Because he is disgusted with the persistent questions about God and heaven.
5. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
(a) On the new moon.
(b) Next month.
(d) In a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
3. What does Faustus ask for instead of his original plan in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting for at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)