|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Give him powers.
(b) Introduce him to Lucifer.
(c) Act as his servant.
(d) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
2. What does Faustus consider in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Praying for forgiveness.
(b) Backing out of his deal with the devil.
(c) Asking to meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
(d) Killing himself.
3. What are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting for at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To go to sleep.
(b) To meet the Pope.
(c) To eat dinner.
(d) To retrieve Faustus's book.
4. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
(c) Helen of Troy.
(d) Ancient Greece.
5. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
(a) Continue his regular studies.
(b) Become a member of the clergy.
(c) He does not advise Faustus of anything.
(d) Study magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
2. What does Faustus do to make the churchmen leave the room?
3. Who enters the room with a large retinue of attendants in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
5. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)