|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
(c) Helen of Troy.
(d) Ancient rulers.
2. Who tells Faustus that he can sleep with any woman on earth from any time?
(b) The Bad Angel.
3. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he does not want to study magic.
(b) That Mephastophilis is not powerful enough to be a helpful servant.
(c) That he did something immoral by offering his soul to the devil.
(d) That he loves God too much to offer his soul to the devil.
4. Who arrives to vie for Faustus's soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) God and Lucifer.
(c) The Old Man.
(d) The Good and Bad Angels.
5. What are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting for at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To eat dinner.
(b) To go to sleep.
(c) To retrieve Faustus's book.
(d) To meet the Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows Faustus the things he has sold his soul for?
2. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
3. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
4. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)