|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is disgusted.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He can only hear the demon, not see him.
2. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is frightened of Mephastophilis.
(b) He does not offer a deal.
(c) In order to have the demon at his beck and call.
(d) He is eager to learn magic.
3. Whom is Faustus waiting for in Act 2, Scene 1?
(c) The Good Angel.
(d) The Bad Angel.
4. Who does the Pope think Faustus is?
(c) A demon.
(d) A ghost.
5. What set of books does Faustus ask for?
(a) Books to give him power over all the other demons and knowledge of the entire earth and universe.
(b) Books to control the weather.
(c) Books to summon troops of knights.
(d) Books to control women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus do when the Pope arrives?
2. What are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting for at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
4. Why does Faustus make his odd request in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)