|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
(a) He draws a magic circle around himself.
(b) He goes to sleep.
(c) He goes to the theater to watch a play.
(d) He hides.
2. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
(a) After the Good Angel and the Bad Angel leave Faustus.
(b) In the Prologue.
(c) In Act 1, Scene 2.
(d) At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1.
3. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That Faustus is a fool.
(b) That Lucifer refuses his offer.
(c) That Lucifer will accept the deal for Faustus's soul.
(d) That he will answer his questions about God and heaven.
4. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he did something immoral by offering his soul to the devil.
(b) That he does not want to study magic.
(c) That Mephastophilis is not powerful enough to be a helpful servant.
(d) That he loves God too much to offer his soul to the devil.
5. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) None of these is correct.
(b) To trade his soul for 24 years of life with Mephastophilis as his servant.
(c) To pay Mephastophilis for magical books.
(d) To leave Mephastophilis alone if he will answer Faustus's questions about God and heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What do Mephastophilis and Faustus do to the people singing a dirge at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What set of books does Faustus ask for?
4. Where are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)