|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Good Angel and the Bad Angel.
(b) Faustus and Mephastophilis.
(c) Rafe and Robin.
(d) The pope and his friars.
2. What do Mephastophilis and Faustus do to the people singing a dirge at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Beat them.
(b) Hide from them.
(d) Kill them.
3. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
(a) Wagner and the Clown.
(b) Good and Bad Angels.
(d) Valdes and Cornelius.
4. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) None of these is correct.
(b) To leave Mephastophilis alone if he will answer Faustus's questions about God and heaven.
(c) To pay Mephastophilis for magical books.
(d) To trade his soul for 24 years of life with Mephastophilis as his servant.
5. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
(a) An angel.
(b) A pretty woman.
(c) A Franciscan friar.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mephastophilis leave Faustus?
2. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Faustus do when the Pope arrives?
4. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)