|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
(a) He goes to sleep.
(b) He goes to the theater to watch a play.
(c) He hides.
(d) He draws a magic circle around himself.
2. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
3. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Act as his servant.
(b) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
(c) Give him powers.
(d) Introduce him to Lucifer.
4. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
(a) He disappears without responding.
(b) He refuses immediately.
(c) He is interested and returns to hell to see if Lucifer will accept the offer.
(d) He tells Faustus it is a bad idea.
5. Who enters the room with a large retinue of attendants in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Helen of Troy.
(c) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bad Angel tell Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who shows Faustus the things he has sold his soul for?
3. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What is Faustus waiting to learn in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Faustus study as he sits in his studying Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)