|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He hates the topic.
(b) He does not know anything about the topic.
(c) He does not want to remember how happy he was.
(d) He will be punished if he talks about this topic.
2. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
(a) He tells Faustus it is a bad idea.
(b) He disappears without responding.
(c) He refuses immediately.
(d) He is interested and returns to hell to see if Lucifer will accept the offer.
3. How does the Pope react to Faustus's actions?
(a) Runs away.
(c) Crosses himself.
(d) Hides behind a curtain.
4. What is Faustus waiting to learn in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) If Mephastophilis will kill him.
(b) If he should renege on his offer.
(c) If he is going to be expelled.
(d) If Lucifer will accept his offer.
5. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
(a) After the Good Angel and the Bad Angel leave Faustus.
(b) In the Prologue.
(c) At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1.
(d) In Act 1, Scene 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
5. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)