|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting for at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To eat dinner.
(b) To retrieve Faustus's book.
(c) To go to sleep.
(d) To meet the Pope.
2. What does Faustus realize in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he did something immoral by offering his soul to the devil.
(b) That he does not want to study magic.
(c) That he loves God too much to offer his soul to the devil.
(d) That Mephastophilis is not powerful enough to be a helpful servant.
3. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
(a) Next month.
(b) In a year.
(c) On the new moon.
4. Who returns to the room, singing a dirge, in Act 3, Scene 1?
(d) The Pope.
5. What do Mephastophilis and Faustus do to the people singing a dirge at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Beat them.
(c) Hide from them.
(d) Kill them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
2. What does Faustus do when the Pope arrives?
3. Who enters the room with a large retinue of attendants in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
5. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)