|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus decide after considering whether he should repent?
(a) He cannot go to heaven anyway so he should just use the devil to obtain all of his earthly desires.
(b) He does not make a decision.
(c) To pray for forgiveness.
(d) To back out of his deal with Lucifer.
2. What does Faustus do to make the churchmen leave the room?
(a) Boxes the Pope's ears.
(b) Laugh very loud.
(c) The churchmen do not leave.
(d) Steal the Pope's food.
3. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) In order to have the demon at his beck and call.
(b) He is eager to learn magic.
(c) He does not offer a deal.
(d) He is frightened of Mephastophilis.
4. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
(a) He plans to summon a demon.
(b) He is tired.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He is frightened.
5. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
(b) Introduce him to Lucifer.
(c) Act as his servant.
(d) Give him powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Valdes and Cornelius arrive?
2. What must Faustus use to sign the contract?
3. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
4. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
5. What are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting for at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)