|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
(a) Because Wagner suggests it.
(b) Because of the power it would give him.
(c) Because it would make his parents proud.
(d) Because it sounds fun.
2. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He does not offer a deal.
(b) He is frightened of Mephastophilis.
(c) He is eager to learn magic.
(d) In order to have the demon at his beck and call.
3. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
(a) The Bad Angel.
(d) The Good Angel.
4. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
(a) An angel.
(b) A pretty woman.
(c) A Franciscan friar.
(d) A book.
5. Who is waiting in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Good Angel and the Bad Angel.
(b) The pope and his friars.
(c) Rafe and Robin.
(d) Faustus and Mephastophilis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Faustus use to sign the contract?
2. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What does the Good Angel advise Faustus?
4. Who enters the room with a large retinue of attendants in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus decide after considering whether he should repent?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)