|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
2. Why do Valdes, Cornelius, and Faustus leave Faustus's home at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To practice their magical skills.
(b) They stay at Faustus's house.
(c) To find women.
(d) To attend a play.
3. What does Faustus do to make the churchmen leave the room?
(a) Steal the Pope's food.
(b) Laugh very loud.
(c) Boxes the Pope's ears.
(d) The churchmen do not leave.
4. What is the name of Faustus's human servant?
(b) The Clown.
5. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) Helen of Troy.
(c) Ancient rulers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
2. What set of books does Faustus ask for?
3. To whom does Lucifer offer to introduce Faustus?
4. What is Faustus waiting to learn in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)