|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Bad Angel tell Faustus in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he should turn back from his deal.
(b) That he will go to hell if he does not back out of his deal.
(d) Reminds him of everything he can get out of his deal with the devil.
2. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
(a) To torment him.
(b) They do not visit Faustus.
(c) Because they are friends.
(d) To give him advice.
3. What does Lucifer demand of Faustus in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) No more questions about God and heaven.
(b) That Faustus meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
(c) That Faustus resign the contract.
(d) That Mephastophilis answer Faustus's questions.
4. What is the occupation of Valdes and Cornelius?
5. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
(a) Study magic.
(b) Continue his normal studies.
(c) Get married.
(d) Quit school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bad Angel advise Faustus to do?
2. What do Mephastophilis and Faustus do to the people singing a dirge at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Who arrives to vie for Faustus's soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)