|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Faustus tempted to study this?
(a) Because it sounds fun.
(b) Because of the power it would give him.
(c) Because it would make his parents proud.
(d) Because Wagner suggests it.
2. What does Lucifer demand of Faustus in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) That Faustus meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
(b) No more questions about God and heaven.
(c) That Faustus resign the contract.
(d) That Mephastophilis answer Faustus's questions.
3. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
(a) He tells Faustus it is a bad idea.
(b) He disappears without responding.
(c) He refuses immediately.
(d) He is interested and returns to hell to see if Lucifer will accept the offer.
4. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Good Angel and the Bad Angel.
(b) Hell, heaven, and God.
5. What must Faustus use to sign the contract?
(a) A pen.
(b) A chicken's blood.
(c) His blood.
(d) A pencil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Good and Bad Angels come to Faustus?
2. What does Faustus do when the Pope arrives?
3. What is Faustus very tempted to study in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Who does Faustus want to see to help him choose his course of studies?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)