|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
(a) Next month.
(b) On the new moon.
(c) In a year.
2. Who does the Pope think Faustus is?
(a) A ghost.
(c) A demon.
3. What do the first set of books that Mephastophilis gives Faustus allow Faustus to do?
(a) Give him power over all the other demons and knowledge of the universe.
(b) Control women.
(c) Go anywhere he wants by thinking about the place.
(d) Control the weather and summon troops of knights.
4. What does Mephastophilis tell Faustus when he returns to Faustus's house in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That Lucifer refuses his offer.
(b) That Lucifer will accept the deal for Faustus's soul.
(c) That Faustus is a fool.
(d) That he will answer his questions about God and heaven.
5. What does Lucifer demand of Faustus in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) No more questions about God and heaven.
(b) That Faustus resign the contract.
(c) That Mephastophilis answer Faustus's questions.
(d) That Faustus meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Faustus use to sign the contract?
2. What are Mephastophilis and Faustus waiting for at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
4. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What do Valdes and Cornelius advise Faustus to do?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)