|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Give him powers.
(b) Act as his servant.
(c) Introduce him to Lucifer.
(d) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
2. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
(b) The Bad Angel.
(d) The Good Angel.
3. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) To leave Mephastophilis alone if he will answer Faustus's questions about God and heaven.
(b) None of these is correct.
(c) To trade his soul for 24 years of life with Mephastophilis as his servant.
(d) To pay Mephastophilis for magical books.
4. Who arrives to vie for Faustus's soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The Good and Bad Angels.
(b) God and Lucifer.
(d) The Old Man.
5. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is disgusted.
(b) He can only hear the demon, not see him.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He is excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
3. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus decide after considering whether he should repent?
4. Whom does Mephastophilis return to Faustus with in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does Faustus do when the Horse-Courser leaves?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)