|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seizes the Horse-Courser?
2. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. To whom does Lucifer offer to introduce Faustus?
(a) The Duke of Vanholt.
(b) The Seven Deadly Sins.
(c) Helen of Troy.
4. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
(b) Next month.
(c) In a year.
(d) On the new moon.
5. Why does Mephastophilis refuse to continue discussing God and heaven?
(a) Because Lucifer will punish him.
(b) Remembering the happiness of heaven and his time with God is too painful.
(c) Because he is afraid Faustus will back out of his deal with Lucifer.
(d) Mephastophilis does not refuse to discuss God and heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
2. What does Faustus do when the Horse-Courser leaves?
3. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
4. Why does Mephastophilis leave Faustus?
5. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)