|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mephastophilis refuse to continue discussing God and heaven?
(a) Because he is afraid Faustus will back out of his deal with Lucifer.
(b) Because Lucifer will punish him.
(c) Mephastophilis does not refuse to discuss God and heaven.
(d) Remembering the happiness of heaven and his time with God is too painful.
2. Whom does Mephastophilis return to Faustus with in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The Bad Angel.
3. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
(a) He tells Faustus it is a bad idea.
(b) He is interested and returns to hell to see if Lucifer will accept the offer.
(c) He disappears without responding.
(d) He refuses immediately.
4. Why does the new arrival in Act 4, Scene 1 approach Faustus?
(a) Steal Faustus's money.
(b) Buy Faustus's horse.
(c) Borrow Mephastophilis to act as his servant.
(d) Fight Faustus.
5. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He can only hear the demon, not see him.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He is disgusted.
(d) He is excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
2. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus decide after considering whether he should repent?
3. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
4. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
5. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)