|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mephastophilis return to Faustus with in Act 2, Scene 3?
(d) The Bad Angel.
2. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
(a) He draws a magic circle around himself.
(b) He hides.
(c) He goes to the theater to watch a play.
(d) He goes to sleep.
3. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Preparing to return to Wittenberg.
(c) Waiting to meet the Pope.
(d) Signing Faustus's contract with Lucifer.
5. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) Ancient rulers.
(c) Helen of Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus do when the Horse-Courser leaves?
2. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
3. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
4. What does the Horse-Courser want when he returns?
5. Why does Mephastophilis leave Faustus?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)