|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
(a) Faustus does not allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully.
(b) Because Faustus hopes God will forgive him if he acts morally.
(c) Because the Horse-Courser asks nicely.
(d) Because the Horse-Courser gives him more money.
2. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
(b) In a year.
(c) Next month.
(d) On the new moon.
3. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) None of these is correct.
(b) To trade his soul for 24 years of life with Mephastophilis as his servant.
(c) To pay Mephastophilis for magical books.
(d) To leave Mephastophilis alone if he will answer Faustus's questions about God and heaven.
4. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
5. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He does not offer a deal.
(b) He is frightened of Mephastophilis.
(c) He is eager to learn magic.
(d) In order to have the demon at his beck and call.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mephastophilis return to Faustus with in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. To whom does Lucifer offer to introduce Faustus?
3. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
4. Why does the new arrival in Act 4, Scene 1 approach Faustus?
5. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)