|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus tell the Horse-Courser not to do?
(a) Take the horse into water.
(b) Yell at the horse.
(c) Talk directly to Mephastophilis.
(d) Sell the horse to someone else.
2. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is frightened of Mephastophilis.
(b) He is eager to learn magic.
(c) He does not offer a deal.
(d) In order to have the demon at his beck and call.
3. Who seizes the Horse-Courser?
4. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
(b) The Good Angel.
(d) The Bad Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
2. What does Lucifer demand of Faustus in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
4. Why does the new arrival in Act 4, Scene 1 approach Faustus?
5. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)