|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Signing Faustus's contract with Lucifer.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Waiting to meet the Pope.
(d) Preparing to return to Wittenberg.
2. What does Faustus tell the Horse-Courser not to do?
(a) Sell the horse to someone else.
(b) Yell at the horse.
(c) Take the horse into water.
(d) Talk directly to Mephastophilis.
3. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) Ancient Greece.
(d) Helen of Troy.
4. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is frightened of Mephastophilis.
(b) He does not offer a deal.
(c) He is eager to learn magic.
(d) In order to have the demon at his beck and call.
5. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
(a) He plans to summon a demon.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He is frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Horse-Courser want when he returns?
2. What does Faustus consider in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What does Mephastophilis warn the Horse-Courser not to do?
4. Why does the Horse-Courser offer Faustus more money?
5. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)