|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He plans to summon a demon.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He is frightened.
2. Why does the Horse-Courser return soaking wet?
(a) The horse spit on him.
(b) It started raining.
(c) He fell off the horse.
(d) He rode the horse into water and it disappeared.
3. What does Lucifer demand of Faustus in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) That Faustus resign the contract.
(b) No more questions about God and heaven.
(c) That Mephastophilis answer Faustus's questions.
(d) That Faustus meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
4. Why does the Horse-Courser offer Faustus more money?
(a) To allow him to sleep there.
(b) To sell him another horse.
(c) To give him some food.
(d) To command Mephastophilis to let him go.
5. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) To trade his soul for 24 years of life with Mephastophilis as his servant.
(b) To leave Mephastophilis alone if he will answer Faustus's questions about God and heaven.
(c) None of these is correct.
(d) To pay Mephastophilis for magical books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
2. What does Mephastophilis warn the Horse-Courser not to do?
3. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)