|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) To leave Mephastophilis alone if he will answer Faustus's questions about God and heaven.
(b) To pay Mephastophilis for magical books.
(c) To trade his soul for 24 years of life with Mephastophilis as his servant.
(d) None of these is correct.
2. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus decide after considering whether he should repent?
(a) To back out of his deal with Lucifer.
(b) He does not make a decision.
(c) To pray for forgiveness.
(d) He cannot go to heaven anyway so he should just use the devil to obtain all of his earthly desires.
3. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He hates the topic.
(b) He does not know anything about the topic.
(c) He does not want to remember how happy he was.
(d) He will be punished if he talks about this topic.
4. Whom does Mephastophilis return to Faustus with in Act 2, Scene 3?
(d) The Bad Angel.
5. What does the Horse-Courser want when he returns?
(a) A refund.
(b) To take a nap.
(c) To be taught how to summon demons.
(d) A different horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
2. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
5. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)