|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) In order to have the demon at his beck and call.
(b) He does not offer a deal.
(c) He is eager to learn magic.
(d) He is frightened of Mephastophilis.
2. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Waiting to meet the Pope.
(c) Preparing to return to Wittenberg.
(d) Signing Faustus's contract with Lucifer.
3. Why does the Horse-Courser return soaking wet?
(a) It started raining.
(b) He rode the horse into water and it disappeared.
(c) He fell off the horse.
(d) The horse spit on him.
4. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
(b) Hell, heaven, and God.
(c) The Good Angel and the Bad Angel.
5. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He plans to summon a demon.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He is frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
2. What does Faustus consider in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
4. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does the Horse-Courser want when he returns?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)