|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) In order to have the demon at his beck and call.
(b) He is frightened of Mephastophilis.
(c) He does not offer a deal.
(d) He is eager to learn magic.
2. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He plans to summon a demon.
(d) He is frightened.
3. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) He tells Mephastophilis to do something about him.
(b) He hits his attacker.
(c) He wants the attacker to die.
(d) He asks the attacker to leave him alone.
4. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Ancient rulers.
(c) Helen of Troy.
5. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the new arrival in Act 4, Scene 1 approach Faustus?
2. Who arrives in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
3. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
4. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
5. Why does Mephastophilis leave Faustus?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)