|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Horse-Courser offer Faustus more money?
(a) To give him some food.
(b) To command Mephastophilis to let him go.
(c) To sell him another horse.
(d) To allow him to sleep there.
2. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is frightened of Mephastophilis.
(b) He is eager to learn magic.
(c) In order to have the demon at his beck and call.
(d) He does not offer a deal.
3. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
(a) Next month.
(c) On the new moon.
(d) In a year.
4. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Helen of Troy.
(d) Ancient rulers.
5. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Good Angel and the Bad Angel.
(c) Hell, heaven, and God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seizes the Horse-Courser?
2. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
3. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
5. To whom does Lucifer offer to introduce Faustus?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)