|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
(a) He hides.
(b) He goes to the theater to watch a play.
(c) He goes to sleep.
(d) He draws a magic circle around himself.
2. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Helen of Troy.
(b) Ancient Greece.
3. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is eager to learn magic.
(b) He is frightened of Mephastophilis.
(c) In order to have the demon at his beck and call.
(d) He does not offer a deal.
4. What does Faustus do when the Horse-Courser leaves?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Leaves quickly.
(c) Argues with Mephastophilis.
(d) Eats dinner.
5. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
(a) Because the Horse-Courser gives him more money.
(b) Because the Horse-Courser asks nicely.
(c) Faustus does not allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully.
(d) Because Faustus hopes God will forgive him if he acts morally.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives to vie for Faustus's soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
3. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
4. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
5. What does Lucifer demand of Faustus in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)