|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus tell the Horse-Courser not to do?
(a) Yell at the horse.
(b) Take the horse into water.
(c) Sell the horse to someone else.
(d) Talk directly to Mephastophilis.
2. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) To trade his soul for 24 years of life with Mephastophilis as his servant.
(b) To leave Mephastophilis alone if he will answer Faustus's questions about God and heaven.
(c) To pay Mephastophilis for magical books.
(d) None of these is correct.
3. Why does Mephastophilis leave Faustus?
(a) Because Wagner summons him.
(b) Because he is tired.
(c) Because it is daylight.
(d) Because he is disgusted with the persistent questions about God and heaven.
4. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Helen of Troy.
(c) Ancient rulers.
5. Whom does Mephastophilis say that he serves?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears after Faustus finishes his incantation?
2. What does Mephastophilis warn the Horse-Courser not to do?
3. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
5. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)