|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is disgusted.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He can only hear the demon, not see him.
2. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus decide after considering whether he should repent?
(a) To pray for forgiveness.
(b) He does not make a decision.
(c) To back out of his deal with Lucifer.
(d) He cannot go to heaven anyway so he should just use the devil to obtain all of his earthly desires.
3. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
(a) He plans to summon a demon.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He is tired.
4. To whom does Lucifer offer to introduce Faustus?
(a) The Duke of Vanholt.
(b) Helen of Troy.
(d) The Seven Deadly Sins.
5. When will Lucifer return to grant Faustus's request?
(a) Next month.
(b) In a year.
(c) On the new moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Why does Mephastophilis refuse to continue discussing God and heaven?
3. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
4. What does Faustus do as a storm approaches?
5. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)