|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mephastophilis warn the Horse-Courser not to do?
(a) Yell at the horse.
(b) Eat Faustus's food.
(c) Wake Faustus up.
(d) Buy another horse from Faustus.
2. Why does Faustus allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully?
(a) Because the Horse-Courser asks nicely.
(b) Because the Horse-Courser gives him more money.
(c) Because Faustus hopes God will forgive him if he acts morally.
(d) Faustus does not allow the Horse-Courser to leave peacefully.
3. Why does Faustus offer this deal to Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is frightened of Mephastophilis.
(b) He is eager to learn magic.
(c) In order to have the demon at his beck and call.
(d) He does not offer a deal.
4. What does Faustus tell the Horse-Courser not to do?
(a) Take the horse into water.
(b) Yell at the horse.
(c) Sell the horse to someone else.
(d) Talk directly to Mephastophilis.
5. What does the Horse-Courser want when he returns?
(a) To take a nap.
(b) To be taught how to summon demons.
(c) A refund.
(d) A different horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus ask to see in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. Why does Mephastophilis refuse to continue discussing God and heaven?
3. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does Faustus question Mephastophilis about in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)