|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faustus do when the Horse-Courser leaves?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Eats dinner.
(c) Leaves quickly.
(d) Argues with Mephastophilis.
2. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Preparing to return to Wittenberg.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Waiting to meet the Pope.
(d) Signing Faustus's contract with Lucifer.
3. What deal does Faustus offer Mephastophilis in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) None of these is correct.
(b) To leave Mephastophilis alone if he will answer Faustus's questions about God and heaven.
(c) To trade his soul for 24 years of life with Mephastophilis as his servant.
(d) To pay Mephastophilis for magical books.
4. Why does the Horse-Courser return soaking wet?
(a) He rode the horse into water and it disappeared.
(b) It started raining.
(c) He fell off the horse.
(d) The horse spit on him.
5. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
(a) Act as his servant.
(b) Summon the Seven Deadly Sins.
(c) Give him powers.
(d) Introduce him to Lucifer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What does Faustus tell the Horse-Courser not to do?
4. Why does Mephastophilis refuse to continue discussing God and heaven?
5. What does the Horse-Courser want when he returns?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)