|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucifer demand of Faustus in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) No more questions about God and heaven.
(b) That Faustus resign the contract.
(c) That Faustus meet the Seven Deadly Sins.
(d) That Mephastophilis answer Faustus's questions.
2. To whom does Lucifer offer to introduce Faustus?
(b) Helen of Troy.
(c) The Duke of Vanholt.
(d) The Seven Deadly Sins.
3. Who arrives to vie for Faustus's soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The Good and Bad Angels.
(b) God and Lucifer.
(c) The Old Man.
4. What does the Horse-Courser want when he returns?
(a) To take a nap.
(b) A different horse.
(c) To be taught how to summon demons.
(d) A refund.
5. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He hates the topic.
(b) He does not want to remember how happy he was.
(c) He does not know anything about the topic.
(d) He will be punished if he talks about this topic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faustus react the way that he does to the pending storm?
2. What does Faustus do when the Horse-Courser leaves?
3. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. How does Faustus feel about selling his soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Why does the new arrival in Act 4, Scene 1 approach Faustus?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)