|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the new arrival in Act 4, Scene 1 approach Faustus?
(a) Borrow Mephastophilis to act as his servant.
(b) Buy Faustus's horse.
(c) Fight Faustus.
(d) Steal Faustus's money.
2. Whom does Mephastophilis return to Faustus with in Act 2, Scene 3?
(c) The Bad Angel.
3. What are Faustus and Mephastophilis doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Signing Faustus's contract with Lucifer.
(b) Waiting to meet the Pope.
(c) Preparing to return to Wittenberg.
(d) Reading a book.
4. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
(a) He refuses immediately.
(b) He is interested and returns to hell to see if Lucifer will accept the offer.
(c) He disappears without responding.
(d) He tells Faustus it is a bad idea.
5. Who arrives to vie for Faustus's soul in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The Old Man.
(c) God and Lucifer.
(d) The Good and Bad Angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
2. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
4. Who seizes the Horse-Courser?
5. What does Faustus do when the Horse-Courser leaves?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)