|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seizes the Horse-Courser?
2. How does Mephastophilis react to Faustus's offer?
(a) He is interested and returns to hell to see if Lucifer will accept the offer.
(b) He disappears without responding.
(c) He tells Faustus it is a bad idea.
(d) He refuses immediately.
3. What does Faustus do when the Horse-Courser leaves?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Leaves quickly.
(c) Eats dinner.
(d) Argues with Mephastophilis.
4. Why does Mephastophilis leave Faustus?
(a) Because Wagner summons him.
(b) Because it is daylight.
(c) Because he is tired.
(d) Because he is disgusted with the persistent questions about God and heaven.
5. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He is disgusted.
(c) He can only hear the demon, not see him.
(d) He is excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faustus command Mephastophilis to do?
2. Who arrives in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
3. What does the Horse-Courser want when he returns?
4. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Faustus decide after considering whether he should repent?
5. Why does the new arrival in Act 4, Scene 1 approach Faustus?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)