|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mephastophilis not want to answer Faustus's questions in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He does not know anything about the topic.
(b) He hates the topic.
(c) He does not want to remember how happy he was.
(d) He will be punished if he talks about this topic.
2. Why does the Horse-Courser return soaking wet?
(a) He fell off the horse.
(b) The horse spit on him.
(c) It started raining.
(d) He rode the horse into water and it disappeared.
3. What does Faustus command the demon to reappear as?
(a) An angel.
(b) A book.
(c) A pretty woman.
(d) A Franciscan friar.
4. What do Faustus and Mephastophilis discuss in Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) Helen of Troy.
(d) Ancient rulers.
5. What does Mephastophilis warn the Horse-Courser not to do?
(a) Buy another horse from Faustus.
(b) Wake Faustus up.
(c) Eat Faustus's food.
(d) Yell at the horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mephastophilis refuse to continue discussing God and heaven?
2. What does Faustus consider in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What does Faustus say when the Horse-Courser attacks him toward the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
4. To whom does Lucifer offer to introduce Faustus?
5. How does Faustus feel about the sight of the demon in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)