1. Who speaks in the Prologue?
(a) The chorus.
(d) Good and Bad Angels.
2. Who is the main character in the play?
(b) Dr. John Faustus.
3. Where does Faustus grow up?
(a) Rome, Italy.
(b) Rhodes, Germany.
(c) London, England.
(d) Wittenberg, Germany.
4. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
5. Where does Faustus go to study?
6. What does Faustus study?
7. How does Faustus do in his studies?
(a) Very poorly.
(b) He quits.
(c) Financially well.
8. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
(c) His family.
9. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
10. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
11. What is necromancy?
(a) The magical art of raising the dead.
(b) A relationship with God.
(c) The art of summoning demons.
(d) Speaking to the devil.
This section contains 4,350 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)