1. Who speaks in the Prologue?
(a) Good and Bad Angels.
(c) The chorus.
2. Who is the main character in the play?
(b) Dr. John Faustus.
3. Where does Faustus grow up?
(a) Wittenberg, Germany.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) Rhodes, Germany.
(d) London, England.
4. What is the status of Faustus's parents?
5. Where does Faustus go to study?
6. What does Faustus study?
7. How does Faustus do in his studies?
(b) Financially well.
(c) He quits.
(d) Very poorly.
8. What does Faustus's thoughts soon turn away from?
(b) His family.
9. What general topic does Faustus begin to study while neglecting his former studies, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
10. What specific topic does Faustus begin to study, according to the Chorus in the Prologue?
11. What is necromancy?
(a) The art of summoning demons.
(b) Speaking to the devil.
(c) The magical art of raising the dead.
(d) A relationship with God.
This section contains 4,350 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)