• Faustus is born poor in Rhodes, Germany.
• Faustus grows up and studies divinity in Wittenberg.
• Although Faustus does well financially though his studies, his thoughts turn away from theology, and he studies magic and necromancy, the art of raising the dead.
Act 1, Scene 1
• Sitting in his study, Faustus considers studying philosophy, medicine, or theology, but he is very tempted to study magic because of the power it would give him.
• Faustus sends Wagner, his servant, to bring his sorcerer friends, Valdes and Cornelius, to advise him.
• While Wagner is gone, a Good Angel and a Bad Angel arrive to give him advice. The Good Angel tells him to continue with his regular studies, while the Bad Angel advises him to study magic.
• After the angels leave, Valdes and Cornelius arrive and advise Faustus to study magic.
• Faustus, Valdes, and Cornelius practice their magic.
Act 1, Scene 2
• Two scholars...
This section contains 1,963 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)