|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the summer, how many jobs does Yuri take in order to make ends meet?
2. Major-General Zhivago, Yuri's half brother Evgraf, is looking for something. What is it?
(a) New recruits.
(b) Eyewitnesses who knew Christina.
(c) Black market dealers.
(d) Political dissidents.
3. What symptoms does the soldier Pamphil complain of?
(a) Indigestion and constipation.
(b) Muscle aches.
(d) Chills and fever.
4. The washing woman has a special friend who died during the war. What was her friend's name?
5. In Chapter 16, after World War II, under whose protection does Tonia live?
(a) Yuri's protection.
(b) The protection of the state.
(c) Komorov's protection.
(d) Evgraf's protection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Yuri on the trolley?
2. In Chapter 14, why is Strelnikov in hiding?
3. What suspicion do Lara and Yuri have about Mikulitsyn's house?
4. Whom does Yuri hope to find upon his return to Yuriatin?
5. What mode of travel do Lara and Yuri use on their journey out of Yuriatin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Yuri's relationship with Marina.
2. What might have been done to prevent Pamphil's insanity?
3. What could the rowan tree symbolize?
4. Describe Yuri's relationship with Vasia.
5. Why do you think Yuri stays in Yuriatin for a time instead of leaving immediately to find his wife and family?
6. Describe what happens when Komarovsky shows up at Yuri and Lara's house in Yuriatin.
7. How does Yuri avoid the temptation of considering Lara and her daughter his new family?
8. Describe how Yuri manages to escape from the Red Army camp.
9. Why does Yuri choose to compare the drops of blood in the snow with rowan berries?
10. Describe how the war affects Pamphil.
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)