|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness affects Yuri and most of the city in the winter?
2. The leaders of the Russian government are called by this name.
3. Where does fighting begin in the 1917 Russian revolution?
(c) St. Petersburg.
4. During Yuri's trip to Varykino, which group succeeds in taking control of the northern mountains?
(a) The Bolsheviks take control away from the Communists.
(b) The White Army takes control away from the Red Army.
(c) The Provisional Government takes control away from the Germans.
(d) The Red Army takes control away from the White Army.
5. Who joins Dr. Zhivago at the front line to tend wounded soldiers?
(a) Amalia Guishar.
(b) Ivan Ivanovi.
(c) Pasha Antipov.
(d) Misha Gordon.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Lara works as a housewife and teaches at the gymnasium, what does Pasha do?
2. What does Commissar Strelnikov believe everyone must do during the Russian Civil War?
3. Tonia must trade goods for food. Why does the soldier get to eat for free?
4. What are Yuri's primary concerns during the winter?
5. Who seduces Lara when she is 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Yuri choose to take his family to Varykino?
2. Why does Lara enter a relationship with a much older man?
3. How do Yuri and his family get food and supplies for their trip to Varykino?
4. Describe Yuri's arrest.
5. Describe the beginning Lara and Pasha's relationship.
6. What happens when Yuri finally visits Lara at her house in Varykino?
7. What does Tonia think of the information she receives in Yuri's letter from Meliuzeievo?
8. How does Lara attempt end her relationship with Komarovsky?
9. Describe the events that lead to Yuri's conscription by the Red Army.
10. Give an example of the brutality of war that is described in Dr. Zhivago.
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)