|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Presnia uprising, which character meets and falls in love with Lara?
2. What prediction does Commissar Strelnikov make during his meeting with Yuri?
(a) He predicts that Yuri will die as an old man in his bed.
(b) He predicts that Germany will invade Russia again.
(c) He predicts that they will meet again.
(d) He predicts that Yuri will become a famous poet and author.
3. After watching a worker's demonstration, what job does Pasha Antipov want?
(a) He wants to be chief of police.
(b) He wants to be a teacher.
(c) He wants to be the fire chief.
(d) He wants to be a lawyer.
4. Which character does Lara treat in the hospital?
(a) The handsome young soldier.
(d) Dr. Zhivago.
5. What does Yuri's wife, Tonia, receive for trading an embroidered towel?
(a) Half of a roasted rabbit.
(b) Half of a roasted chicken.
(c) Half of a roasted turkey.
(d) Half of a loaf of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Several conflicts are present in the book. Which struggle best describes the conflict between the warring political parties?
2. How do Yuri and his family finance their trip to Varykino?
3. While traveling to Varykino, who travels with Yuri and his family?
4. In October, which political group wins the fight and establishes political power?
5. Whom does Yuri tell his wife he is working with in Meliuzeievo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lara feel about Komarovsky later in their relationship?
2. Describe Lara and Pasha's life together.
3. Describe some of the social classes of people who are on the train and how they interact with each other.
4. What happens when Yuri finally visits Lara at her house in Varykino?
5. What is in Yuri's notebook?
6. Why does Lara return for Yuri's funeral after he refused to follow her to Vladivostok?
7. How does Lara attempt end her relationship with Komarovsky?
8. How does Yuri react when he sees Lara at the library?
9. How does Yuri react to Strelnikov's return?
10. Interpret the meaning of the line: "to live life to the end is not a childish task." from Yuri's poem "Hamlet."
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)