|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lara's mother, Amalia Karlovna Guishar, takes over what type of shop?
(a) A bakery shop.
(b) A grocery shop.
(c) A dress shop.
(d) A shoe shop.
2. While traveling to Varykino, who travels with Yuri and his family?
(a) Uncle Nikolai.
(b) A mixture of professionals, conscripted workers, and peasants.
(c) A group of government officials.
(d) A platoon of soldiers.
3. What prediction does Commissar Strelnikov make during his meeting with Yuri?
(a) He predicts that Yuri will become a famous poet and author.
(b) He predicts that Germany will invade Russia again.
(c) He predicts that Yuri will die as an old man in his bed.
(d) He predicts that they will meet again.
4. While Lara works as a housewife and teaches at the gymnasium, what does Pasha do?
(a) He works in Madame Guishar's bakery.
(b) He joins the protests and becomes a political activist.
(c) He works as a schoolteacher.
(d) He works in an ammunition factory.
5. The members of the rebellion desire what form of government?
Short Answer Questions
1. What mode of transportation does Yuri and his family use as they leave for the town of Varykino in the early spring?
2. Why does Lara leave the front line and return to Moscow?
3. In the spring, Yuri's half brother, Evgraf, brings a sick peasant in for treatment. What is Yuri's diagnosis?
4. What physical handicap does political leader Maxim Aristarkhovich Klintsov-Pogorevshikh have?
5. When Yura and his uncle live in a house owned by the Gromekos, which character also lives in the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the careers Yura plans to pursue.
2. Give an example of the brutality of war that is described in Dr. Zhivago.
3. Why does Lara follow Pasha to the front lines?
4. Describe Yuri's arrest.
5. How do Yuri and his family get food and supplies for their trip to Varykino?
6. With the Russian economy in ruins, how do people survive?
7. Why would Dr. Zhivago work willingly near the front line of battle?
8. How does Yuri react when he sees Lara at the library?
9. Everyone must trade or pay for the food that is sold illegally behind the train stations. Why doesn't the soldier have to pay for the food he eats?
10. How does Lara attempt end her relationship with Komarovsky?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)