|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yuri barter for food and goods from a central distribution center?
(a) His car.
(b) His medical services.
(c) A carton of stolen cigarettes.
(d) His winter coat.
2. Why does Yuri go to the town of Yuriatin?
(a) To read books in the public library.
(b) To visit an old friend.
(c) To gather medical supplies.
(d) To administer vaccinations.
3. How many days did it take to clear the snowdrifts from the path?
4. After her affair with Komarovsky ends, whom does Lara marry?
5. When the Russian economy collapses, which two political groups begin to fight for power?
(a) The Bolsheviks and the Marxists.
(b) The Provisional Government and the Socialists.
(c) The Provisional Government and the Bolsheviks.
(d) The Provisional Government and the Communists.
Short Answer Questions
1. The leaders of the Russian government are called by this name.
2. The book begins with what type of scene?
3. What does Kologrivov help Lara find?
4. Where does fighting begin in the 1917 Russian revolution?
5. What are Yuri's primary concerns during the winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the careers Yura plans to pursue.
2. Describe Dr. Zhivago's actions during the war.
3. Describe the beginning Lara and Pasha's relationship.
4. With the Russian economy in ruins, how do people survive?
5. Describe what happens to Yura during and after his mother's funeral.
6. What does Tonia think of the information she receives in Yuri's letter from Meliuzeievo?
7. Describe the type of work Yuri and his family do to survive when they first arrive in Varykino.
8. Describe some of the political views and opinions of the characters in the first chapter.
9. How do Yuri and his family survive the harsh winter?
10. Describe Yuri's arrest.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)