|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Yuri see in Yuriatin?
(a) Ivan Ivanovich.
(b) Uncle Nikolai.
2. What stage of development does Pogorevshikh believe is a necessary for Russia's political development?
3. Who seduces Lara when she is 16?
4. What physical handicap does political leader Maxim Aristarkhovich Klintsov-Pogorevshikh have?
(a) He is mentally challenged.
(b) He was crippled in the war.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is a deaf-mute.
5. What is in Yuri's notebook?
(a) Various writings about his life at Varykino.
(b) Lists of supplies needed and their costs.
(c) Names of people he has met on his journey.
(d) Poetry about the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. While traveling to see Lara, who conscripts Yuri as a field doctor?
2. What are Yuri's primary concerns during the winter?
3. What happens to Yura in the gardens of the Duplyanka estate?
4. What does Dr. Zhivago have published during World War I?
5. Which character does Lara treat in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Yuri finally visits Lara at her house in Varykino?
2. How does Lara feel about Komarovsky later in their relationship?
3. Why does Yuri choose to take his family to Varykino?
4. Why does Yura faint in the garden?
5. Describe Dr. Zhivago's actions during the war.
6. Describe what Yuri finds in Lara's house when he returns to Yuriatin.
7. Describe the events that lead to Yuri's conscription by the Red Army.
8. Why do Yuri's writings both inspire and threaten the characters in the book?
9. Describe what happens to Yura during and after his mother's funeral.
10. Describe the type of work Yuri and his family do to survive when they first arrive in Varykino.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)