|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yuri tell Commissar Strelnikov he wants out of life?
(a) He wants to experience real love.
(b) He wants to become wealthy.
(c) He wants the peace and anonymity of country life.
(d) He wants to be respected as an author.
2. While in the gardens of the Duplyanka estate, which family member does Yura pray for?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His mother.
3. Yura is also called what name?
4. Lara and Pasha have a daughter. What is the child's name?
5. Whom does Yuri tell his wife he is working with in Meliuzeievo?
Short Answer Questions
1. Commissar Strelnikov asks Yuri questions about his military service and destination. With which political group is Strelnikov associated?
2. Several conflicts are present in the book. Which struggle best describes the conflict between the warring political parties?
3. Whom does Yuri meet at the beginning of May?
4. Why does Lara leave the front line and return to Moscow?
5. What part of life in Varykino does Yuri enjoy the most?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lara feel about Komarovsky later in their relationship?
2. How could Yuri's life have been different if he had not tried to return to Lara the night he was conscripted by the Red Army?
3. Describe how the snow is cleared from the train tracks.
4. Why does Lara enter a relationship with a much older man?
5. Describe the events that lead to Yuri's conscription by the Red Army.
6. How does Lara attempt end her relationship with Komarovsky?
7. What does Tonia think of the information she receives in Yuri's letter from Meliuzeievo?
8. Describe Dr. Zhivago's actions during the war.
9. Describe the political views of Maxim Aristarkhovich Klintsov-Pogorevshikh.
10. How do Yuri and his family get food and supplies for their trip to Varykino?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)