|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness affects Yuri and most of the city in the winter?
2. How does Evgraf help Yuri's family during the winter?
(a) He drives Yuri to the hospital.
(b) He repairs their leaky roof.
(c) He repairs their car.
(d) He arranges for them to have better supplies.
3. In October, which political group wins the fight and establishes political power?
(a) The Socialists.
(b) The Communists.
(c) The Bolsheviks.
(d) The Provisional Government.
4. Why does Yuri believe that Varykino would be a good place to resettle his family?
(a) Yuri's uncle Nikolai now lives in Varykino and is willing to help the family.
(b) Yuri hopes the townspeople will help his family because his father once owned property and a factory in Varykino.
(c) Yuri hopes the townspeople will help his family because he gave medical aid to an important member of the town during World War I.
(d) Yuri has heard that Varykino is in desperate need of a physician.
5. Who joins Dr. Zhivago at the front line to tend wounded soldiers?
(a) Pasha Antipov.
(b) Amalia Guishar.
(c) Ivan Ivanovi.
(d) Misha Gordon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of school is set up in Yuri and Tonia's house?
2. During the Presnia uprising, which character meets and falls in love with Lara?
3. What does Yuri write in his notebook about his half brother, Evgraf?
4. Whom does Yuri meet at the beginning of May?
5. While in the gardens of the Duplyanka estate, which family member does Yura pray for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Yura faint in the garden?
2. With the Russian economy in ruins, how do people survive?
3. Why would Dr. Zhivago work willingly near the front line of battle?
4. How do Yuri and his family get food and supplies for their trip to Varykino?
5. Describe the careers Yura plans to pursue.
6. Describe Dr. Zhivago's actions during the war.
7. Describe the type of work Yuri and his family do to survive when they first arrive in Varykino.
8. Why might people exhibit extreme behavior during a time of war that they would not exhibit in peacetime?
9. Why does Yuri choose to take his family to Varykino?
10. Describe the political views of Maxim Aristarkhovich Klintsov-Pogorevshikh.
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)