|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color represents the Marxist army?
2. The leaders of the Russian government are called by this name.
3. After watching a worker's demonstration, what job does Pasha Antipov want?
(a) He wants to be chief of police.
(b) He wants to be a lawyer.
(c) He wants to be the fire chief.
(d) He wants to be a teacher.
4. What form of government does the new ruling party in October first establish?
(a) A Marxist party.
(b) A Socialist union.
(c) A Communist regime.
(d) A dictatorship of the proletariat.
5. With which political group does Yuri side?
(a) The Red Army.
(c) The anarchists.
(d) The White Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lara and Pasha have a daughter. What is the child's name?
2. When Yura and his uncle live in a house owned by the Gromekos, which character also lives in the house?
3. During the Presnia uprising, which character meets and falls in love with Lara?
4. Whom does Yuri meet at the beginning of May?
5. Where does fighting begin in the 1917 Russian revolution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Yuri and Lara do when they hear a rumor that the Executive Committee plans to arrest them?
2. Why does Lara follow Pasha to the front lines?
3. Why does Lara return for Yuri's funeral after he refused to follow her to Vladivostok?
4. Why does Yuri choose to take his family to Varykino?
5. With the Russian economy in ruins, how do people survive?
6. How do Yuri and his family get food and supplies for their trip to Varykino?
7. How does Yuri react to Strelnikov's return?
8. What might have been done to prevent Pamphil's insanity?
9. Describe the beginning Lara and Pasha's relationship.
10. Describe how the snow is cleared from the train tracks.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)