Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Lara after Yuri leaves and is conscripted?
(a) She follows Yuri into service as a field nurse.
(b) Her husband takes her daughter away to Moscow.
(c) She has neither husband nor lover, and is left with only her daughter.
(d) Her husband forgives her affair and they resume family life.
2. After returning to Moscow from Meliuzeievo, what does Yuri learn about his uncle, Nikolai Nikolaievich?
(a) His uncle has joined the Bolsheviks.
(b) His uncle sold the family home.
(c) His uncle had moved to France.
(d) His uncle was killed during a demonstration.
3. What stage of development does Pogorevshikh believe is a necessary for Russia's political development?
4. What physical handicap does political leader Maxim Aristarkhovich Klintsov-Pogorevshikh have?
(a) He is mentally challenged.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He was crippled in the war.
(d) He is a deaf-mute.
5. In the first chapter, many workers protest working conditions by leaving their jobs. What word is used in the book to describe that type of protest?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the big snowdrifts cleared from the path during Yuri's journey to Varykino?
2. When the Russian economy collapses, how do the citizens cope with the lack of food and supplies?
3. What is the name of the independent republic that Blazheiko sets up and backs with a force of deserters from the 212th Infantry?
4. What illness affects Yuri and most of the city in the winter?
5. Why does Yuri go to the town of Yuriatin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Yuri and his family survive the harsh winter?
2. Describe how the war affects Pamphil.
3. Describe Yuri's relationship with Vasia.
4. How does Lara feel about Komarovsky later in their relationship?
5. Why does Yura faint in the garden?
6. Describe the careers Yura plans to pursue.
7. In the Epilogue of Dr. Zhivago, Gordon and Dudorov discuss a woman named Christina. What has Christina done?
8. In Chapter 13, while in Yuritan, what does Lara want to have happen to her relationship with Yuri?
9. Pasternak ties the love story in Dr. Zhivago to a reference to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. How are the two romantic tragedies similar?
10. Describe the rowan tree.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)