|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yuri love Lara?
(a) She arouses a new passion in him.
(b) She is wonderful cook and Yuri feels at home with her.
(c) She has pretty eyes.
(d) They like the same authors.
2. What does Kologrivov help Lara find?
(a) An apartment.
(b) Her dog.
(c) A revolver.
(d) A new coat.
3. What does Yuri tell Commissar Strelnikov he wants out of life?
(a) He wants to experience real love.
(b) He wants to be respected as an author.
(c) He wants to become wealthy.
(d) He wants the peace and anonymity of country life.
4. The leaders of the Russian government are called by this name.
5. What mode of transportation does Yuri and his family use as they leave for the town of Varykino in the early spring?
(a) A stolen Army truck.
(b) A horse and cart.
(c) The train.
(d) Their own feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lara love Yuri?
2. With which political group does Yuri side?
3. Why does Yuri go to the town of Yuriatin?
4. Tonia must trade goods for food. Why does the soldier get to eat for free?
5. What are Yuri's primary concerns during the winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the careers Yura plans to pursue.
2. Why would Dr. Zhivago work willingly near the front line of battle?
3. How does Yuri react when he sees Lara at the library?
4. Describe the beginning Lara and Pasha's relationship.
5. How does Lara feel about Komarovsky later in their relationship?
6. How does Lara attempt end her relationship with Komarovsky?
7. Everyone must trade or pay for the food that is sold illegally behind the train stations. Why doesn't the soldier have to pay for the food he eats?
8. Describe some of the political views and opinions of the characters in the first chapter.
9. What does Tonia think of the information she receives in Yuri's letter from Meliuzeievo?
10. Describe some of the social classes of people who are on the train and how they interact with each other.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)