|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lara love Yuri?
(a) He has a beautiful mind.
(b) He is an attractive man.
(c) He is wealthy.
(d) He is willing to take her to America.
2. The members of the rebellion desire what form of government?
3. Yura is studying to be a doctor. What else does he want to achieve in this life?
(a) He wants to write a grand novel.
(b) He wants to study art.
(c) He wants to teach at the University.
(d) He wants to become wealthy.
4. Who helps Yuri during his illness in the winter?
(a) His half brother Evgraf.
(b) His friend Maxim.
(c) His uncle Nikolai.
(d) His friend Lara.
5. What does Kologrivov help Lara find?
(a) A new coat.
(b) Her dog.
(c) A revolver.
(d) An apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where on the estate are the Zhivagos allowed to live?
2. Where do Lara and Pasha live in the beginning of their marriage?
3. Whom does Yuri see in Yuriatin?
4. When Yura and his uncle live in a house owned by the Gromekos, which character also lives in the house?
5. What happens to Lara after Yuri leaves and is conscripted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example of the brutality of war that is described in Dr. Zhivago.
2. Why does Lara enter a relationship with a much older man?
3. Why does Lara follow Pasha to the front lines?
4. Describe Yuri's relationship with Vasia.
5. In the Epilogue of Dr. Zhivago, Gordon and Dudorov discuss a woman named Christina. What has Christina done?
6. Describe the rowan tree.
7. Lara and Yuri discover they share a common nemesis. Who is this person and what has he/she done to them?
8. Describe Yuri's death and funeral.
9. Describe how the snow is cleared from the train tracks.
10. Yuri Zhivago experiences may hardships in his life and makes several choices that cause himself and others pain. What information or inspiration could other characters gain from his poetry if they were able to read his book?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)