|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Yuri's trip to Varykino, which group succeeds in taking control of the northern mountains?
(a) The Provisional Government takes control away from the Germans.
(b) The Bolsheviks take control away from the Communists.
(c) The Red Army takes control away from the White Army.
(d) The White Army takes control away from the Red Army.
2. In the book, Pasternak develops a parallel between the changes occurring in Russia and what other historical event?
(a) The fall of Adam and Eve.
(b) The fall of the Roman Empire.
(c) The conquests of the Vikings.
(d) The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
3. Who seduces Lara when she is 16?
4. What is Ivan's profession?
(a) He is an artist.
(b) He is a dancer.
(c) He is an author.
(d) he is a musician.
5. The leaders of the Russian government are called by this name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Lara and Pasha live in the beginning of their marriage?
2. Where does fighting begin in the 1917 Russian revolution?
3. What mode of transportation does Yuri and his family use as they leave for the town of Varykino in the early spring?
4. What does Kologrivov help Lara find?
5. Why does Dr. Zhivago leave the front line and return to the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens to Yura during and after his mother's funeral.
2. What happens when Yuri finally visits Lara at her house in Varykino?
3. With the Russian economy in ruins, how do people survive?
4. Why does Lara follow Pasha to the front lines?
5. Describe Yuri's arrest.
6. Why does Yura faint in the garden?
7. What does Tonia think of the information she receives in Yuri's letter from Meliuzeievo?
8. What is in Yuri's notebook?
9. Describe the careers Yura plans to pursue.
10. Describe some of the social classes of people who are on the train and how they interact with each other.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)