Short Answer Key
Part 1: Chapter 1 - 2 The Five O'clock Express and A Girl from a Different World
1. What is Ivan's profession?
He is an author.
2. What happens to Yura in the gardens of the Duplyanka estate?
3. Who seduces Lara when she is 16?
4. After watching a worker's demonstration, what job does Pasha Antipov want?
He wants to be chief of police.
5. In the first chapter, many workers protest working conditions by leaving their jobs. What word is used in the book to describe that type of protest?
6. The book begins with what type of scene?
7. While in the gardens of the Duplyanka estate, which family member does Yura pray for?
8. Where do Yura and his uncle Nikolai live first?
9. Lara's mother, Amalia Karlovna Guishar, takes over what type of...
This section contains 2,934 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)