|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8 - 9 Arrival and Varykino.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first chapter, many workers protest working conditions by leaving their jobs. What word is used in the book to describe that type of protest?
2. What physical handicap does political leader Maxim Aristarkhovich Klintsov-Pogorevshikh have?
(a) He is mentally challenged.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He was crippled in the war.
(d) He is a deaf-mute.
3. What illness affects Yuri and most of the city in the winter?
4. The book begins with what type of scene?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A party.
(c) A demonstration.
(d) A wedding.
5. Where does fighting begin in the 1917 Russian revolution?
(a) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ivan's profession?
2. When the Russian economy collapses, how do the citizens cope with the lack of food and supplies?
3. What does Yuri barter for food and goods from a central distribution center?
4. How long did Yuri's affair with Lara last?
5. Why does Yuri believe that Varykino would be a good place to resettle his family?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)