|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5 - 6 Farewell to the Old and The Moscow Encampment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Lara works as a housewife and teaches at the gymnasium, what does Pasha do?
(a) He works as a schoolteacher.
(b) He works in Madame Guishar's bakery.
(c) He works in an ammunition factory.
(d) He joins the protests and becomes a political activist.
2. The book begins with what type of scene?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A demonstration.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A party.
3. What does Kologrivov help Lara find?
(a) A new coat.
(b) An apartment.
(c) Her dog.
(d) A revolver.
4. In the book, Pasternak develops a parallel between the changes occurring in Russia and what other historical event?
(a) The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
(b) The conquests of the Vikings.
(c) The fall of the Roman Empire.
(d) The fall of Adam and Eve.
5. Which character does Lara treat in the hospital?
(a) Dr. Zhivago.
(c) The handsome young soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. The members of the rebellion desire what form of government?
2. When the Russian economy collapses, which two political groups begin to fight for power?
3. What physical handicap does political leader Maxim Aristarkhovich Klintsov-Pogorevshikh have?
4. After her affair with Komarovsky ends, whom does Lara marry?
5. Where do Lara and Pasha live in the beginning of their marriage?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)