|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 16 Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yuri discover about the boy he shot?
(a) The boy's life is saved by a small bible.
(b) The boy is his nephew.
(c) The boy's life is saved by a small metal box containing a protective prayer.
(d) The boy's life is saved by a small packet of letters.
2. What prediction does Commissar Strelnikov make during his meeting with Yuri?
(a) He predicts that Yuri will die as an old man in his bed.
(b) He predicts that Germany will invade Russia again.
(c) He predicts that Yuri will become a famous poet and author.
(d) He predicts that they will meet again.
3. Why is a group of soldiers executed near Yuri's tree?
(a) They are found guilty of murder.
(b) They are found guilty of desertion.
(c) They are found guilty of treason.
(d) They are found guilty of illegally distilling vodka.
4. What is Ivan's profession?
(a) He is an artist.
(b) he is a musician.
(c) He is a dancer.
(d) He is an author.
5. What is Strelnikov's secret identity?
(a) Strelnikov is actually Ivan Ivanovich.
(b) Strelnikov is actually Yuri's half brother, Evgraf.
(c) Strelnikov is actually Yuri's uncle, Nikolai.
(d) Strelnikov is actually Lara's husband, Pasha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yuri barter for food and goods from a central distribution center?
2. What are Yuri's primary concerns during the winter?
3. Which character does Lara treat in the hospital?
4. In Chapter 15, why does Lara travel to Moscow see Yuri?
5. What mode of transportation does Yuri and his family use as they leave for the town of Varykino in the early spring?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)