|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 16 Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Russian economy collapses, how do the citizens cope with the lack of food and supplies?
(a) American troops drop care packages from airplanes.
(b) People barter among themselves.
(c) Brave soldiers drive supply wagons to Asia.
(d) Groups of people travel to Europe to gather supplies.
2. What does Kologrivov help Lara find?
(a) Her dog.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A new coat.
(d) A revolver.
3. In Chapter 15, Yuri returns to Moscow. How does he find food and supplies on his journey?
(a) He steals food from an unsuspecting peasant.
(b) He trades his coat to a farmer for produce.
(c) He gathers field gleanings and scrounges whatever he can from abandoned houses.
(d) He works odd jobs in towns along the way, accepting food as payment.
4. How do Gordon and Dudorov feel about collectivism?
(a) They feel that it is the best way to live, and that all the pain and suffering of the revolution was worth the outcome.
(b) They dislike the responsibility it places on them and long for the simpler time when the Tsar ruled.
(c) They feel that it only works when people are forced to follow the government's rules.
(d) They feel it is the wrong way to live, but that no one is willing to admit that it is a mistake.
5. Yura is also called what name?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Yura and his uncle live in a house owned by the Gromekos, which character also lives in the house?
2. Why is a group of soldiers executed near Yuri's tree?
3. Why did the soldiers of the Provisional Government bayonet a young idealist after he had already been killed by a rifle shot?
4. What type of relationship does Yuri have with Marina?
5. Why does Yuri love Lara?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)