|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 16 Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Lara works as a housewife and teaches at the gymnasium, what does Pasha do?
(a) He works in an ammunition factory.
(b) He works in Madame Guishar's bakery.
(c) He joins the protests and becomes a political activist.
(d) He works as a schoolteacher.
2. What type of relationship does Yuri have with Marina?
(a) She is the town seamstress.
(b) She is his new head nurse.
(c) She is his common-law wife.
(d) She is Vasia's wife.
3. After watching a worker's demonstration, what job does Pasha Antipov want?
(a) He wants to be a lawyer.
(b) He wants to be the fire chief.
(c) He wants to be a teacher.
(d) He wants to be chief of police.
4. In Chapter 15, what does Lara help organize in Moscow?
(a) Tonia's funeral.
(b) Yuri's papers in to a book of poetry.
(c) The hospital staff.
(d) A political rally.
5. What happens to Pamphil after the discovery of the mutilated man?
(a) Pamphil goes insane and murders his family with an ax.
(b) Pamphil shows no emotion, but simply walks away and resumes his duties.
(c) Pamphil becomes angry and vows revenge.
(d) Pamphil begins to cry and is inconsolable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form of government does the new ruling party in October first establish?
2. Why does Lara love Yuri?
3. The washing woman has a special friend who died during the war. What was her friend's name?
4. In October, which political group wins the fight and establishes political power?
5. What eases Pamphil's symptoms?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)