|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 16 Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Commissar Strelnikov believe everyone must do during the Russian Civil War?
(a) Everyone should be prepared for the hardships of war.
(b) People should help each other.
(c) People should use their rations wisely.
(d) Everyone must choose a side.
2. In Chapter 14, why is Strelnikov in hiding?
(a) He faces a court martial and possible execution.
(b) He is depressed and has deserted the army.
(c) He is hiding from the angry husband of a lover.
(d) He is a government spy.
3. What color represents the Marxist army?
4. In his notebook, Yuri comments on the poetry of Alexander Sergeevich Pushkin. What elements of Pushkin's poetry does Yuri consider important?
(a) Rhyme and flow.
(b) Interpretations of truth.
(c) The use of idioms.
(d) Meter and originality.
5. Why does Lara fear arrest?
(a) Because Yuri refuses to register with the government.
(b) Because she buys goods from the black market.
(c) Because she made the seamstress angry.
(d) Because she is related to Pasha.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Christina considered a war heroine?
2. During his journey to Varykino, Yuri realizes he knows the leader of one of the powerful political forces in Russia. Which political force does Galiullin lead?
3. Why does Dr. Zhivago leave the front line and return to the hospital?
4. How does the illness affect Yuri?
5. In Chapter 13, what type of criminal do some people in Yuriatin suspect Yuri of being?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)