|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13 Opposite the House of Sculptures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in Varykino, what does Yuri suspect about Tonia?
(a) That she is having an affair with Mikulitsyn.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she is ill.
(d) That she is unhappy.
2. Tonia must trade goods for food. Why does the soldier get to eat for free?
(a) The soldier is the son of the vendor.
(b) The government has agreed to pay the food vendors each month.
(c) The soldier is given free food because everyone respects his willingness to defend their country.
(d) The soldier has a gun and everyone is afraid to complain about his behavior.
3. What type of school is set up in Yuri and Tonia's house?
(a) A medical school.
(b) An agricultural school.
(c) An officer training school.
(d) An elementary school.
4. What form of government does the new ruling party in October first establish?
(a) A dictatorship of the proletariat.
(b) A Marxist party.
(c) A Socialist union.
(d) A Communist regime.
5. What mode of transportation does Yuri and his family use as they leave for the town of Varykino in the early spring?
(a) A horse and cart.
(b) The train.
(c) Their own feet.
(d) A stolen Army truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 13, by the time Yuri returns to Yuriatin, which political party has gained control of the government?
2. During World War I, Dr. Zhivago, serves in a hospital in which city?
3. Yuri discovers that Lara has been reading books about which political philosophy?
4. What does Kologrivov help Lara find?
5. What does Lara insist Yuri do when he recovers from his illness?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)