|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13 Opposite the House of Sculptures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Lara after Yuri leaves and is conscripted?
(a) Her husband forgives her affair and they resume family life.
(b) She has neither husband nor lover, and is left with only her daughter.
(c) She follows Yuri into service as a field nurse.
(d) Her husband takes her daughter away to Moscow.
2. What happens to four of the conscripted workers one night as Yuri and his companions enter the mountains on their way to Varykino?
(a) The workers begin to show signs of typhoid.
(b) The workers are beaten for complaining about the poor food rations.
(c) The soldiers shoot the workers for sport.
(d) The workers escape.
3. What stage of development does Pogorevshikh believe is a necessary for Russia's political development?
4. When Yuri returns to Yuriatin in chapter 13, where does he believe his wife and son have gone?
(a) To France.
(b) To Moscow.
(c) To the country house.
(d) To America.
5. What does Yuri barter for food and goods from a central distribution center?
(a) A carton of stolen cigarettes.
(b) His winter coat.
(c) His car.
(d) His medical services.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did it take to clear the snowdrifts from the path?
2. Why does Lara love Yuri?
3. When the Russian economy collapses, how do the citizens cope with the lack of food and supplies?
4. Why does Yuri love Lara?
5. Yuri discovers that Lara has been reading books about which political philosophy?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)