|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 15 Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the book, Pasternak develops a parallel between the changes occurring in Russia and what other historical event?
(a) The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
(b) The fall of the Roman Empire.
(c) The conquests of the Vikings.
(d) The fall of Adam and Eve.
2. What is the name of the independent republic that Blazheiko sets up and backs with a force of deserters from the 212th Infantry?
3. After returning to Moscow from Meliuzeievo, what does Yuri learn about his uncle, Nikolai Nikolaievich?
(a) His uncle was killed during a demonstration.
(b) His uncle had moved to France.
(c) His uncle has joined the Bolsheviks.
(d) His uncle sold the family home.
4. What happens to Pamphil after the discovery of the mutilated man?
(a) Pamphil becomes angry and vows revenge.
(b) Pamphil goes insane and murders his family with an ax.
(c) Pamphil begins to cry and is inconsolable.
(d) Pamphil shows no emotion, but simply walks away and resumes his duties.
5. Why does Yuri wish to kill the Bolshevik officer?
(a) Yuri feels the officer's cocaine addiction renders him unfit for his position.
(b) Yuri knows the officer is treating his men with unusual cruelty.
(c) Yuri is tired of listening to the man's constant political lectures.
(d) Yuri wants to kill the officer in order to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tree does Yuri discover growing near the camp on a piece of high ground?
2. In Chapter 15, who comes to Yuri's aid while he is living in Moscow?
3. By what name is Yuri's division known?
4. What type of relationship does Yuri have with Marina?
5. What illness affects Yuri and most of the city in the winter?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)