Part 1: Chapter 1 - 2 The Five O'clock Express and A Girl from a Different World
1. What is Ivan's profession?
(a) He is a dancer.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) He is an author.
(d) he is a musician.
2. What happens to Yura in the gardens of the Duplyanka estate?
(a) He faints.
(b) He argues with his uncle.
(c) He writes his first poem.
(d) He sees his family.
3. Who seduces Lara when she is 16?
4. After watching a worker's demonstration, what job does Pasha Antipov want?
(a) He wants to be a lawyer.
(b) He wants to be chief of police.
(c) He wants to be a teacher.
(d) He wants to be the fire chief.
5. In the first chapter, many workers protest working conditions by leaving their jobs. What word is used in the book to describe that type of protest?
6. The book begins with what type of scene?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A demonstration.
(d) A party.
This section contains 5,288 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)