|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people would the hotel on Crab Key bring to the island each year?
2. The manicurist's tools are attached to what?
3. Who is waiting for Bond and Honeychile when they get off the vehicle?
4. What happens to Quarrel before Bond is forced on the vehicle?
5. What kind of weapons' facility is near Crab Key?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond help Honeychile get dressed before their dinner with Dr. No?
2. How does Bond exit the bare room that is the start of his endurance course?
3. Describe the vehicle that Bond and Quarrel hear approaching the Audubon camp.
4. What does Bond discover when he finishes a climb upwards through the duct work?
5. How does Bond manage to steal a knife from the table?
6. While Quarrel is on first watch, what does Honeychile tell Bond?
7. How does Quarrel die?
8. What does the message say that Bond sent to M at the end of the book?
9. In response to the women's questions about him and Honeychile, what does Bond do?
10. What is Dr. No's history with the Chinese gang?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a main character? What is a foil character? Is Honey a main character or a foil character? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What role does pain have in Doctor No? Who experiences pain, what type of pain do they experience, and who causes pain? What results from the pain? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, explain the role that fear plays in the story and how it affects the various characters.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)