|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond use to dump guano on Dr. No?
2. When Dr. No finishes his story, Bond tells him that he already has a ______ prepared to be filed with London if he doesn't return to Jamaica.
3. What does Quarrel do that attracts someone to their hiding spot?
4. How long do Bond and Honeychile ride in the vehicle?
5. How long is the solid glass wall in Dr. No's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. No. plan to sell his weapons system to Russia?
2. What does Bond discover when he finishes a climb upwards through the duct work?
3. How does Quarrel die?
4. After Bond and Honeychile are escorted to their room, what do they do?
5. What does the message say that Bond sent to M at the end of the book?
6. When Bond and Honeychile are taken from the vehicle, what do the group of men say about Honeychile?
7. How does Bond manage to steal a knife from the table?
8. What happens in the fight between Bond and the giant squid?
9. After killing the spiders in the cage, what does Bond discover about the course?
10. What does Bond do with the crane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is loyalty? Who, or what, is Bond loyal to in the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is a main character? What is a foil character? Is Honey a main character or a foil character? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, how is Bond protective of Honey and why?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)