|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. No has a weapons system that allows him to control what country's missiles?
2. What happens to Quarrel before Bond is forced on the vehicle?
3. Where does Honeychile want to move to after they get off the island?
4. When Bond gets stepped on under the water, what does he do?
5. After killing the insects, Bond goes in what direction in the duct?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond help Honeychile get dressed before their dinner with Dr. No?
2. What kind of weapons system does Dr. No have?
3. What does the message say that Bond sent to M at the end of the book?
4. What does Bond do with the crane?
5. Describe Dr. No.
6. Describe the vehicle that Bond and Quarrel hear approaching the Audubon camp.
7. What happens to the people in the garage when Bond uses Dr. No's name?
8. What does Bond do for Honeychile before he leaves?
9. Why does Bond know that he must kill the man who stepped on his leg underwater?
10. How does Bond exit the bare room that is the start of his endurance course?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book to support your answer, answer the following question: What is vulnerability and how does Bond show his vulnerability?
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss the role of women in Doctor No. What influence do they have over the characters and plot?
Essay Topic 3
How do Bond's previous experiences affect him in this mission? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)