|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the bullets Bond and Quarrel fire at the dragon vehicle?
2. Who is going to go back to Crab Key and arrest the rest of Dr. No's men?
3. What is in the "nose" of the vehicle that looks like a dragon?
4. Bond thinks it is a _____ to make pacts with Russia.
5. Where, in the compound, does the vehicle stop to let Bond and Honeychile off?
Short Essay Questions
1. In response to the women's questions about him and Honeychile, what does Bond do?
2. What does Bond discover when he finishes a climb upwards through the duct work?
3. After Bond and Honeychile are escorted to their room, what do they do?
4. Why does Bond know that he must kill the man who stepped on his leg underwater?
5. When Bond and Honeychile are taken from the vehicle, what do the group of men say about Honeychile?
6. Why is Bond not able to steal a weapon from the hairstylist and manicurist?
7. How does Quarrel die?
8. How does Bond manage to steal a knife from the table?
9. What does Bond do with the crane?
10. Describe Dr. No.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Bond's previous experiences affect him in this mission? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, explain the role that fear plays in the story and how it affects the various characters.
Essay Topic 3
What is a main character? What is a foil character? Is Honey a main character or a foil character? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)