|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people would the hotel on Crab Key bring to the island each year?
2. What is Bond wearing when he begins his endurance course?
3. People are spying on Bond as he makes his way through the course by means of what?
4. What meal are Bond and Honeychile given when they are taken to their room after the women question them?
5. What nationality is Dr. No?
Short Essay Questions
1. In response to the women's questions about him and Honeychile, what does Bond do?
2. What does the message say that Bond sent to M at the end of the book?
3. What do Bond, Honeychile and Quarrel find at the Audubon camp?
4. What does Bond do for Honeychile before he leaves?
5. Why does Dr. No. plan to sell his weapons system to Russia?
6. After killing the spiders in the cage, what does Bond discover about the course?
7. Describe the vehicle that Bond and Quarrel hear approaching the Audubon camp.
8. What is the second part of the endurance course through the duct work for Bond?
9. Why does Bond know that he must kill the man who stepped on his leg underwater?
10. How does Quarrel die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Bond's observational skills help or hinder him in his mission. Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is friendship? What role does friendship play in the story? Cite specific examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is a main character? What is a foil character? Is Honey a main character or a foil character? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)