|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is going to go back to Crab Key and arrest the rest of Dr. No's men?
2. Why does Honeychile want to have a new career?
3. What happens to Bond after he eats the food that was brought to him and Honeychile?
4. People are spying on Bond as he makes his way through the course by means of what?
5. Who did Bond go see the moment he returned to Jamaica?
Short Essay Questions
1. In response to the women's questions about him and Honeychile, what does Bond do?
2. What is the second part of the endurance course through the duct work for Bond?
3. What does Bond discover when he finishes a climb upwards through the duct work?
4. What happens to the people in the garage when Bond uses Dr. No's name?
5. What does the message say that Bond sent to M at the end of the book?
6. What do Bond, Honeychile and Quarrel find at the Audubon camp?
7. What happens to Bond after he eats the breakfast that was supplied in their room?
8. How does Bond exit the bare room that is the start of his endurance course?
9. What happens in the fight between Bond and the giant squid?
10. What does Bond do for Honeychile before he leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, how is Bond protective of Honey and why?
Essay Topic 2
What role does pain have in Doctor No? Who experiences pain, what type of pain do they experience, and who causes pain? What results from the pain? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer, answer the following question: What is vulnerability and how does Bond show his vulnerability?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)