|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bond thinks it is a _____ to make pacts with Russia.
2. In response to the womens' questions, what relationship does Bond claim Honeychile is to him?
3. What is high on the wall in the room Bond begins his course in?
4. Who is waiting for Bond and Honeychile when they get off the vehicle?
5. What happens to Bond after he eats the food that was brought to him and Honeychile?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond help Honeychile get dressed before their dinner with Dr. No?
2. While Quarrel is on first watch, what does Honeychile tell Bond?
3. What is Dr. No's history with the Chinese gang?
4. What does Dr. No say about his plans for Honeychile and Bond's deaths?
5. Why is Bond not able to steal a weapon from the hairstylist and manicurist?
6. When Bond and Honeychile are taken from the vehicle, what do the group of men say about Honeychile?
7. When Bond and the other man shoot at each other, why does the man Bond shoots at die, but Bond does not?
8. What does Bond do with the crane?
9. Describe the vehicle that Bond and Quarrel hear approaching the Audubon camp.
10. What happens in the fight between Bond and the giant squid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the requirement to choose new guns in the beginning of the book symbolize? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss the relationship between M and Bond. Explain how their relationship helps define the actions that Bond takes in this mission.
Essay Topic 3
How, in the story, is Bond in conflict with himself? What is the conflict, and what results from the conflict? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)