|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. No plan to kill Honeychile?
2. Why does Honeychile want to have a new career?
3. How does Bond protect his hands and feet from being burned in the duct?
4. What kind of weapon does Bond make before climbing into some ductwork?
5. What is on the walls of the room in which Bond and Honeychile find themselves after their capture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of weapons system does Dr. No have?
2. What does Bond do with the crane?
3. How does Bond exit the bare room that is the start of his endurance course?
4. When Bond and Honeychile are taken from the garage, where do they find themselves?
5. Why does Dr. No. plan to sell his weapons system to Russia?
6. Why is Bond not able to steal a weapon from the hairstylist and manicurist?
7. After killing the spiders in the cage, what does Bond discover about the course?
8. When Bond and Honeychile are taken from the vehicle, what do the group of men say about Honeychile?
9. What does the message say that Bond sent to M at the end of the book?
10. In response to the women's questions about him and Honeychile, what does Bond do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a protagonist-antagonist pair and discuss why they are important. This should include a discussion of why one is the protagonist, and one is the antagonist. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How are the situations that Bond finds himself in ironic? What type of irony are these situations? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss the role of women in Doctor No. What influence do they have over the characters and plot?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)