|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where, in the compound, does the vehicle stop to let Bond and Honeychile off?
2. How is Honeychile feeling when she and Bond are taken to a room in Dr. No's mountain?
3. What is in the small pond-like area at the end of the endurance course?
4. What does Bond find when he looks around the camp?
5. Who takes Bond and Honeychile from Dr. No's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond discover when he finishes a climb upwards through the duct work?
2. What is the second part of the endurance course through the duct work for Bond?
3. What do Bond, Honeychile and Quarrel find at the Audubon camp?
4. What happens to the people in the garage when Bond uses Dr. No's name?
5. What happens in the fight between Bond and the giant squid?
6. How does Bond manage to steal a knife from the table?
7. After killing the spiders in the cage, what does Bond discover about the course?
8. What does the message say that Bond sent to M at the end of the book?
9. How does Bond help Honeychile get dressed before their dinner with Dr. No?
10. What is Dr. No's history with the Chinese gang?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Dr. No receive justice at the end of the book? Why or why not? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does Ian Fleming use foreshadowing in Doctor No? Is it an effective literary tool? Discuss your answer using specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How, in the story, is Bond in conflict with himself? What is the conflict, and what results from the conflict? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)