|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Quarrel from?
2. Who owns the island where the Audubon Society watches the birds?
3. Where does the Audubon Society set up a camp to watch the birds?
4. When are Bond and Quarrel going to meet to move from the hotel to their new location?
5. Before the men and the boat leave, what do they say they will be back with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bond throw up after the centipede episode?
2. What is Strangeways' routine that both his friends and enemies are aware of?
3. What is Mary Trueblood concerned with once she has made contact with the office in London?
4. What makes Bond think that something other than guano mining is occurring on Crab Key?
5. What are some of the precautions Bond takes to make sure he doesn't end up like Strangeways?
6. What is the purpose of having look-alikes drive Strangeways' car to Montego?
7. What happens to Bond in the middle of the night in his hotel room on Jamaica?
8. What happens after the meeting with the governor that makes Bond suspect that Dr. No has agents all over the island?
9. What does Bond go to the Institute for?
10. What does Bond instruct Quarrel to do to the young woman from the airport when she shows up at their dinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a protagonist-antagonist pair and discuss why they are important. This should include a discussion of why one is the protagonist, and one is the antagonist. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss the relationship between M and Bond. Explain how their relationship helps define the actions that Bond takes in this mission.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Bond's observational skills help or hinder him in his mission. Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)