|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Strangeways is shot, where is he dragged to?
2. Why does Bond throw up after getting away from the insect?
3. Who is Mary Trueblood?
4. Why does Strangeways leave the poker game?
5. What nationality is the man who saved Bond at the end of his last mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bond become suspicious of the young woman outside the airport?
2. What does Quarrel know about Crab Key?
3. What does Honeychile tell Bond about the watchmen on the island?
4. What does Bond discover about the fruit sent to his hotel room?
5. What happens after the meeting with the governor that makes Bond suspect that Dr. No has agents all over the island?
6. What does Bond go to the Institute for?
7. In Chapter 8, why does Honeychile tell Bond she is at the island?
8. Why did the service assign Strangeways to the case of the Audubon Society's men?
9. What is Mary Trueblood concerned with once she has made contact with the office in London?
10. What information does the Chief of Staff give Bond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is friendship? What role does friendship play in the story? Cite specific examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, explain the role that fear plays in the story and how it affects the various characters.
Essay Topic 3
What is a climax of the story? What is the climax in this story? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)