|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Quarrel from?
2. When the men warn over the loudhailer that everyone is to come out and no one appears, what do the men do?
3. What does James Bond have injected into his shin by a SMERSH officer?
4. Where is the coffin taken that holds Trueblood and Strangeways' bodies?
5. What is Bond's favorite weapon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does M think contributed to Bond's injury?
2. What are some of the precautions Bond takes to make sure he doesn't end up like Strangeways?
3. Where and when does this novel begin?
4. In Chapter 8, why does Honeychile tell Bond she is at the island?
5. What is Strangeways' routine that both his friends and enemies are aware of?
6. What happens after the meeting with the governor that makes Bond suspect that Dr. No has agents all over the island?
7. Why is M unhappy with Bond at the beginning of the novel?
8. What does Bond discover about the fruit sent to his hotel room?
9. What is the purpose of having look-alikes drive Strangeways' car to Montego?
10. What does Bond learn happened to Strangeways' car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a protagonist-antagonist pair and discuss why they are important. This should include a discussion of why one is the protagonist, and one is the antagonist. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How, in the story, is Bond in conflict with himself? What is the conflict, and what results from the conflict? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Does Dr. No receive justice at the end of the book? Why or why not? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)