|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond tell Honeychile to do once they are hidden?
2. What does Quarrel do with Bond at the rental house?
3. What is Bond's favorite weapon?
4. What plant do Bond, Honeychile and Quarrel use to breath through while they are hiding?
5. How does Honeychile suggest they hide from the men on the boats and the dogs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond go to the Institute for?
2. What happens when the men on the boat see Honeychile's boat at the beach?
3. In Chapter 8, why does Honeychile tell Bond she is at the island?
4. How does Bond's visit with the governor go?
5. What does the weapons expert suggest to Bond?
6. What does the doctor have to say about Bond to M?
7. What does Honeychile tell Bond about the watchmen on the island?
8. Why does M want Bond to go to Jamaica?
9. Why is M unhappy with Bond at the beginning of the novel?
10. What is Strangeways' routine that both his friends and enemies are aware of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, how is Bond protective of Honey and why?
Essay Topic 2
What is a main character? What is a foil character? Is Honey a main character or a foil character? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How, in the story, is Bond in conflict with himself? What is the conflict, and what results from the conflict? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)