|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What documents does Bond ask the governor if he can review?
2. What does Bond do to the insect?
3. Why does Strangeways leave the poker game?
4. What emotion does Bond feel when confronted by the weapons specialist and M?
5. Strangeways leaves a poker game. Where is that poker game being played?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bond and Quarrel get to Crab Key?
2. What did the group of investigators that Dr. No allowed on the island conclude about the death of the bird watchers?
3. What is the purpose of having look-alikes drive Strangeways' car to Montego?
4. What does Honeychile tell Bond about the watchmen on the island?
5. How does Bond protect Honeychile during the first shooting at the beach?
6. What does Bond instruct Quarrel to do to the young woman from the airport when she shows up at their dinner?
7. What happens after the meeting with the governor that makes Bond suspect that Dr. No has agents all over the island?
8. What are some of the precautions Bond takes to make sure he doesn't end up like Strangeways?
9. What happens when the men on the boat see Honeychile's boat at the beach?
10. What does the doctor have to say about Bond to M?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss the relationship between M and Bond. Explain how their relationship helps define the actions that Bond takes in this mission.
Essay Topic 2
How are the situations that Bond finds himself in ironic? What type of irony are these situations? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is a main character? What is a foil character? Is Honey a main character or a foil character? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)