|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bond is angry at M for what?
2. What nationality is the man who saved Bond at the end of his last mission?
3. What does Bond find on the fruit?
4. Who does the governor believe solved the Strangeways case?
5. What meal do Bond and Pleydell-Smith share?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is M unhappy with Bond at the beginning of the novel?
2. What does M think contributed to Bond's injury?
3. How does Honeychile suggest that they hide in order to avoid the dogs the men are bringing to find them?
4. What do Bond and Quarrel decide they must do after the men shoot up the beach with a machine gun?
5. What did the group of investigators that Dr. No allowed on the island conclude about the death of the bird watchers?
6. What information does the Chief of Staff give Bond?
7. What makes Bond think that something other than guano mining is occurring on Crab Key?
8. What is M concerned with at the beginning of the story?
9. Why does Bond throw up after the centipede episode?
10. What does Bond go to the Institute for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the situations that Bond finds himself in ironic? What type of irony are these situations? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is loyalty? Who, or what, is Bond loyal to in the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What role does pain have in Doctor No? Who experiences pain, what type of pain do they experience, and who causes pain? What results from the pain? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)