|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bond throw up after getting away from the insect?
2. When Bond wakes up the morning after traveling to Crab Key, what does he see on the beach?
3. Who is blocking Strangeways' path to his car?
4. What nationality is the SMERSH officer who injured Bond during the last mission?
5. What do Bond and Quarrel want to do before they return to Jamaica?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond go to the Institute for?
2. What does Bond instruct Quarrel to do to the young woman from the airport when she shows up at their dinner?
3. Where and when does this novel begin?
4. How does Bond's visit with the governor go?
5. Why does Bond throw up after the centipede episode?
6. What is Strangeways' routine that both his friends and enemies are aware of?
7. What happens to Bond in the middle of the night in his hotel room on Jamaica?
8. What information does the Chief of Staff give Bond?
9. What do Bond and Quarrel decide they must do after the men shoot up the beach with a machine gun?
10. What does the weapons expert suggest to Bond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a climax of the story? What is the climax in this story? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Bond's observational skills help or hinder him in his mission. Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How do Bond's previous experiences affect him in this mission? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)