|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. No have that Bond and Quarrel wanted to avoid?
(b) Noise detection.
(d) Motion detectors.
2. What emotion does Bond feel when confronted by the weapons specialist and M?
3. The investigators who went to the island to investigate the claims of the bird watchers decided that the death of one of the bird watchers was due to what?
(c) His partner.
4. Who sent the messenger to Bond's room, according to the card?
(a) The Chief of Staff.
(b) Dr. No.
(d) The governor.
5. What happened to Strangeways' car and the look-a-likes Bond hired to drive it?
(a) It was given to Dr. No.
(b) It was run off the road.
(c) It was sold for profit.
(d) It was dumped in the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Honeychile suggest they hide from the men on the boats and the dogs?
2. Who does Bond warn Pleydell-Smith is an agent of Dr. No?
3. When M arrives at the office in the middle of a rainstorm, who does M call first?
4. What plant do Bond, Honeychile and Quarrel use to breath through while they are hiding?
5. What is Crab Key mostly made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond instruct Quarrel to do to the young woman from the airport when she shows up at their dinner?
2. What happens to Bond in the middle of the night in his hotel room on Jamaica?
3. What does Bond go to the Institute for?
4. Where and when does this novel begin?
5. What does the weapons expert suggest to Bond?
6. Why does Bond throw up after the centipede episode?
7. What is Strangeways' routine that both his friends and enemies are aware of?
8. What does Quarrel know about Crab Key?
9. What makes Bond think that something other than guano mining is occurring on Crab Key?
10. What is M concerned with at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)