|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bond want Quarrel to rent them a house?
(a) In an isolated section of the island.
(b) In a busy section of the island.
(c) In a busy section of Jamaica.
(d) In an isolated section of Jamaica.
2. Who does Bond warn Pleydell-Smith is an agent of Dr. No?
(a) His co-worker.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His wife.
(d) His assistant.
3. What did a messenger deliver to Bond's hotel room?
(a) A basket of fruit.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A bottle of champagne.
(d) A message.
4. What is mounted onto the boat that appears at the mouth of the river?
(a) A siren.
(b) A rocket launcher.
(c) A radar detector.
(d) A machine gun.
5. How did Honeychile get to Crab Key?
(a) She swam.
(b) By boat.
(c) By floating.
(d) She lives there.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Strangeways is shot, where is he dragged to?
2. What is the name of the girl Bond meets on Crab Key?
3. What kind of insect did Bond find in his bed?
4. How do Bond and Quarrel travel to Crab Key?
5. Where is Quarrel from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is M concerned with at the beginning of the story?
2. How do Bond and Quarrel get to Crab Key?
3. How does Bond protect Honeychile during the first shooting at the beach?
4. What does Bond discover about the fruit sent to his hotel room?
5. What are some of the precautions Bond takes to make sure he doesn't end up like Strangeways?
6. Where and when does this novel begin?
7. How does Bond's visit with the governor go?
8. What information does the Chief of Staff give Bond?
9. What happens after the meeting with the governor that makes Bond suspect that Dr. No has agents all over the island?
10. Why does Bond throw up after the centipede episode?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)