|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bond go to look at a map of Crab Key?
(a) The hotel.
(b) The university.
(d) The Institute.
2. What kind of mining operation is on the island?
3. What word characterizes the governor?
4. Why does Bond have Quarrel pull over and turn off the lights of the car?
(a) To tail someone.
(b) To hide.
(c) To hide the car.
(d) To lose their tail.
5. When the professional that M called arrives, what does he/she suggest that Bond might be on the edge of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the strange man open when he is in Strangeways' office?
2. What happened to Strangeways' car and the look-a-likes Bond hired to drive it?
3. What is mounted onto the boat that appears at the mouth of the river?
4. What does Bond do to the insect?
5. What does Honeychile say she has seen on the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bond throw up after the centipede episode?
2. What do Bond and Quarrel decide they must do after the men shoot up the beach with a machine gun?
3. Why did the service assign Strangeways to the case of the Audubon Society's men?
4. How does Bond's visit with the governor go?
5. What does Bond go to the Institute for?
6. How does Bond protect Honeychile during the first shooting at the beach?
7. What happens after the meeting with the governor that makes Bond suspect that Dr. No has agents all over the island?
8. What does the weapons expert suggest to Bond?
9. What is M concerned with at the beginning of the story?
10. What does Bond discover about the fruit sent to his hotel room?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)