|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meal do Quarrel and Bond meet over, after Bond is picked up from the airport?
2. What does M say might be the reason Bond got hurt at the end of his last mission?
(a) His choice of weapons.
(b) His lack of observational abilities.
(c) His lack of diplomacy.
(d) His lack of fighting skills.
3. Where is the coffin taken that holds Trueblood and Strangeways' bodies?
(a) Kartaba Lake.
(b) Pacific Ocean.
(c) Mona Reservoir.
(d) Liera River.
4. Whose car do Bond and Quarrel drive away from the airport?
(c) A rented car.
(d) The embassy's.
5. After Strangeways is shot, where is he dragged to?
(a) The trunk of a car.
(b) The back of a van.
(c) An alley way.
(d) A trash bin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are on the boat that appears at the mouth of the river?
2. What do Bond and Quarrel want to do before they return to Jamaica?
3. What does Bond do to the insect?
4. What word characterizes Bond's attitude in Chapter 5?
5. Who meets Bond at the airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where and when does this novel begin?
2. What does Bond learn happened to Strangeways' car?
3. What does Honeychile tell Bond about the watchmen on the island?
4. Why did the service assign Strangeways to the case of the Audubon Society's men?
5. What does M think contributed to Bond's injury?
6. How does Bond's visit with the governor go?
7. What makes Bond think that something other than guano mining is occurring on Crab Key?
8. Why is M unhappy with Bond at the beginning of the novel?
9. What information does the Chief of Staff give Bond?
10. How does Bond protect Honeychile during the first shooting at the beach?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)