|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bond think Strangeways was killed?
(a) Because he tried to steal money.
(b) Because he ran off with a married woman.
(c) Because he was interfering in another investigation.
(d) Because of his investigation into the island.
2. Who does the governor believe solved the Strangeways case?
(a) The media.
(b) The special investigators.
(c) The service.
(d) The police.
3. What does Honeychile say she has seen on the island?
(a) A weapons depot.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A machine.
4. Where is the coffin taken that holds Trueblood and Strangeways' bodies?
(a) Pacific Ocean.
(b) Mona Reservoir.
(c) Kartaba Lake.
(d) Liera River.
5. What word characterizes Bond's attitude in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is mounted onto the boat that appears at the mouth of the river?
2. Who is Pleydell-Smith?
3. Why does Strangeways leave the poker game?
4. After Strangeways is shot, where is he dragged to?
5. What do Bond and Quarrel want to do before they return to Jamaica?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond's visit with the governor go?
2. What is M concerned with at the beginning of the story?
3. Where and when does this novel begin?
4. How does Honeychile suggest that they hide in order to avoid the dogs the men are bringing to find them?
5. What are some of the precautions Bond takes to make sure he doesn't end up like Strangeways?
6. Why is M unhappy with Bond at the beginning of the novel?
7. What makes Bond think that something other than guano mining is occurring on Crab Key?
8. What does Bond instruct Quarrel to do to the young woman from the airport when she shows up at their dinner?
9. What does M think contributed to Bond's injury?
10. What is Mary Trueblood concerned with once she has made contact with the office in London?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)