|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are Bond and Quarrel going to meet to move from the hotel to their new location?
(a) After midnight.
(b) Later that evening.
(c) Later the next afternoon.
(d) Early the next morning.
2. What is one of the weapons that the weapons expert suggests for Bond?
(a) Glock PPK.
(b) Walther PPK.
(c) Magnum PPK.
(d) Corvolta PPK.
3. Who sends Bond to Jamaica?
4. The Audubon Society that is interested in the birds is located where?
(a) New Mexico.
(c) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
5. Who does Bond ask the governor if he can meet with?
(a) The Colonial Secretary.
(b) The Colonial Representative.
(c) The Colonial Clerk.
(d) The Colonial Tax Collector.
6. What kind of insect did Bond find in his bed?
(a) A poisonous beetle.
(b) A poisonous spider.
(c) A poisonous scorpion.
(d) A poisonous centipede.
7. What does Bond tell Honeychile to do once they are hidden?
(a) Roll onto her back.
(b) Dig deeply into the sand.
(c) Not say a word.
(d) Lay very still.
8. Who is Mary Trueblood?
(a) Strangeways' secretary.
(b) Strangeways' boss.
(c) Strangeways' wife.
(d) Strangeways' partner.
9. Who is present when M and Bond talk about a new assignment?
(a) Chief of Staff.
(b) Bond's partner.
(c) M's boss.
(d) M's secretary.
10. Whose car do Bond and Quarrel drive away from the airport?
(a) A rented car.
(c) The embassy's.
11. What does M say might be the reason Bond got hurt at the end of his last mission?
(a) His lack of observational abilities.
(b) His choice of weapons.
(c) His lack of fighting skills.
(d) His lack of diplomacy.
12. When Bond and Quarrel arrive on Crab Key, what do they do?
(a) Climb the mountain.
(b) Find a campsite.
(c) Sink the boat.
(d) Hide the boat.
13. What documents does Bond ask the governor if he can review?
(a) Documents about the newspaper's activities.
(b) Documents about the new residents of Jamaica.
(c) Documents about the sale of Crab Key.
(d) Documents about the investigation of Strangeways.
14. Where does the Audubon Society set up a camp to watch the birds?
(a) Crab Island.
(b) Crab Key.
(c) Crab Turn.
(d) Crab Mountain.
15. M tells Bond that he must get a new weapon or do what?
(a) Take a desk job.
(b) Work with a knife.
(c) Take hand-to-hand lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Crab Key mostly made of?
2. What word characterizes Bond's attitude in Chapter 5?
3. What word characterizes the governor?
4. How is Trueblood killed?
5. Where does Quarrel take Bond after the airport?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)