|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are sermons focused on for seniors at St. Bremmer?
2. Who does Felix ask to double date with him?
3. What emotional state does Eddie's commentary reflect about Mr. Kascher being the only good teacher he ever had?
4. Who does Eddie sell his first car to?
5. What kind of mood is Eddie in during Christmas, in Chapter 15, The Jolly Season?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eddie buy his first car?
2. What happens when a Brother becomes elderly?
3. What happens to Timmy in his final tumbling routine?
4. Why do two couples end up in the police station, at the end of Chapter 10, Chapter 10, Double Dating with Feliz Lindor?
5. Describe Eddie's whereabouts, in Chapter 16, Final.
6. Who is Monica Radil?
7. What happens, at the end of Chapter 15, The Jolly Season?
8. What does Brother O'Connell tell Eddie, in Chapter 14, Late Bloomer?
9. How has Eddie changed from the beginning of the book to the end?
10. What happens to Tom during his and Eddie's senior year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Eddie at the start of Do Black Patent-leather Shoes Really Reflect Up? with the Eddies at the end. How has he become more cynical and mature in thought, by Chapter 16, Final?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Eddie sees the Catholic Church as a bunch of "do's" and "don'ts."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Bobbo gains his victory among the fat and ugly clique and what prompts his defiance and desire for payback against the highest rung on the social ladder at St. Bremmer's.
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)