|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a good friend to both Eddie and Una?
2. Who is Barbara, in Chapter 10, Double Dating with Felix Lindor?
3. What are students told to do if they are tempted to commit a mortal sin?
4. Why is Eddie's first car an immediate disaster?
5. Who does Eddie plan go to the sock hop with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does one brother suggest for his students to do if they think of sin?
2. What is Felix Lindor interested in?
3. What is the primary focus of religion class in Catholic school.
4. What happens to Timmy in his final tumbling routine?
5. What is addressed, in Chapter 9, Among Others, Smooth Eddie?
6. Why do two couples end up in the police station, at the end of Chapter 10, Chapter 10, Double Dating with Feliz Lindor?
7. How is dating structured, according to Chapter 10, Double Dating with Feliz Lindor?
8. Describe Brother Sens.
9. Describe dating for the Catholic adolescent boys in the 1950s or 1960s.
10. Discuss the purpose of marriage, according to Chapter 11, Retreat Retreat.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Bobbo gains his victory among the fat and ugly clique and what prompts his defiance and desire for payback against the highest rung on the social ladder at St. Bremmer's.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the definition of a "good" student in the 1950s and 1960s to the definition of a "good" student is in present day.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how dating for a Catholic adolescent boy can be seen as an art form and why.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)