|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is broken on Eddie's dad's car?
2. What does Eddie look at as he reflects his years at high school?
3. What type of surgery does Una have?
4. What has Eddie accomplished, by Chapter 16, Final?
5. What is mandatory for students to attend in all Catholic schools?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is dating structured, according to Chapter 10, Double Dating with Feliz Lindor?
2. What happens, at the end of Chapter 14, Late Bloomer?
3. Why do two couples end up in the police station, at the end of Chapter 10, Chapter 10, Double Dating with Feliz Lindor?
4. What happens to Timmy in his final tumbling routine?
5. What happens, at the end of Chapter 15, The Jolly Season?
6. What is the primary focus of religion class in Catholic school.
7. What happens to Tom during his and Eddie's senior year?
8. How does Eddie buy his first car?
9. What does Brother O'Connell tell Eddie, in Chapter 14, Late Bloomer?
10. Describe what the annual retreat is like.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how describing typical teenage events brings out the theme of adolescent maturation, so adults can witness it through the content of Powers' book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Eddie at the start of Do Black Patent-leather Shoes Really Reflect Up? with the Eddies at the end. How has he become more cynical and mature in thought, by Chapter 16, Final?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the definition of a "good" student in the 1950s and 1960s to the definition of a "good" student is in present day.
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)