|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Eddie witness the horrors of being a teenager?
2. Who comprises the second highest rung clique?
3. What was the previous profession of the toughest teacher at Bremmer High?
4. Who does Bippo argue with and punch out, in Chapter 7, Bippo?
5. Which program is designed for average students like Eddie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the athletes, according to Chapter 4, The Beautiful World of Richard Bobbo.
2. Why and how is the Catholic Church sexist, according to Chapter 3, Catholic Girls?
3. What does the vignette of Eddie and his sister suggest?
4. Discuss the indoctrination of the Catholic Church in the 950s and 1960s.
5. Describe the lowest rung on the social ladder, according to Chapter 4, The Beautiful World of Richard Bobbo.
6. What happens, at the end of Chapter 7, to Bippo?
7. Describe Brother Well.
8. How does Eddie feel about destroying the piano?
9. Who is Bippo?
10. Discuss what Chapter 4, The Beautiful World of Richard Bobbo describes.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the religion class at St. Bremmer's and what the class hoped to instill in the Catholic adolescent.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how having a good student-teacher relationship is important for the student to comprehend the subject being taught.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the definition of a "good" student in the 1950s and 1960s to the definition of a "good" student is in present day.
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)