|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eddie feel about his task, in Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak?
2. What does Eddie purchase, in Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak?
3. When did Eddie's sister play the piano?
4. How is Eddie typified as the illogical teen, in Chapter 6, Mixers?
5. What is the principal's name at Bremmer High?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Felix Lindor.
2. Describe the lowest rung on the social ladder, according to Chapter 4, The Beautiful World of Richard Bobbo.
3. Describe Eddie's grades after his first few months at Bremmer.
4. Who is Bippo?
5. Discuss the dress code at Bremmer High School.
6. Describe the safest type of dating, according to the Catholic Church in the 1950s and 1960s.
7. Why is Eddie failing Latin and Algebra?
8. What does Eddie witness overnight at the beginning of the book?
9. What does Bobbo decide it is time for and why?
10. What are publics?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Chapter 10, Double Dating with Felix Lindor exemplifies typical teenagers being "caught." How was the situation less than funny at the time, but grew to be humorous and laughable later?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what taking music lessons were a sign of for children during the 1950s and 1960s, according to Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak. Why might music, of all things, symbolize what it did for those children?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the introduction of Eddie in Chapter 1, Ready? helps the reader better understand the conflict and theme of Do Black Patent-leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)