|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object must separate the bodies of girls and boys while they dance at mixers?
2. Who achieves the highest score before entering high school in Eddie's class?
3. What does Eddie appear to have with his sister?
4. What happens, in Chapter 4, The Beautiful World of Richard Bobbo, that embarrasses Bert?
5. What looms large in the religion's section of "don'ts"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eddie begin to see the Catholic Church in Chapter 3, Catholic Girls?
2. Discuss the dress code at Bremmer High School.
3. Describe who runs the St. Bremmer's Catholic School for boys.
4. Describe the athletes, according to Chapter 4, The Beautiful World of Richard Bobbo.
5. Describe the transformation in Eddie, in Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak.
6. What does Bobbo decide it is time for and why?
7. Who is Dolores Crosley?
8. Discuss what Chapter 4, The Beautiful World of Richard Bobbo describes.
9. What motivates Eddie from Principal Brother Purity's address to the student body?
10. Why is Eddie failing Latin and Algebra?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how describing typical teenage events brings out the theme of adolescent maturation, so adults can witness it through the content of Powers' book.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and describe how Eddie lives in the short term at the beginning of the book and what that means to his current stage in life.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the social cliques Eddie describes in Chapter 4, The Beautiful World of Richard Bobbo to present-day social cliques. What do you find interesting about the comparisons? Do any/all of these social cliques still exist today?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)