|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else is to attend the same high school as Eddie?
2. Who does not take physical education at Bremmer High?
3. Why does Eddie begin to think the Catholic Church is sexist?
4. What disease does Eddie have at the end of Chapter 1, Ready?
5. Which teacher lives up to his tough reputation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eddie witness overnight at the beginning of the book?
2. How does Eddie begin to see the Catholic Church in Chapter 3, Catholic Girls?
3. Discuss the dress code at Bremmer High School.
4. Describe who runs the St. Bremmer's Catholic School for boys.
5. What task does Eddie's father assign him, in Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak?
6. Describe what Eddie is anticipating, at the beginning of Do Black Patent-leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?.
7. What are publics?
8. What is given to place students in the appropriate course level?
9. Discuss what Chapter 4, The Beautiful World of Richard Bobbo describes.
10. Discuss the types of dress that displeases God, according to Chapter 3, Catholic Girls.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what the purpose of the entrance exam during the 1950s and 1960s in the school system. How might present-day students respond if an entrance exam was required today?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the indoctrination of the Catholic Church was during the 1950s and 1960s towards adolescents.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the religion class at St. Bremmer's and what the class hoped to instill in the Catholic adolescent.
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)