|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Eddie send off his college applications?
(a) Brother O'Connell.
2. What are sermons focused on for seniors at St. Bremmer?
3. What does Eddie, as an adult, realize about Mr. Kascher?
(a) He was the only good teacher.
(b) He was a bad teacher.
(c) He did drugs.
(d) He cared about his students.
4. What awaits Eddie at home, in Chapter 16, Final?
(a) His family party.
(c) A new car.
5. Who is the history teacher that cannot control his classroom?
(a) Mr. Blair.
(b) Mr. Purity.
(c) Brother Sens.
(d) Brother Well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the students nickname Mr. Kascher?
2. Who is Mr. Kascher?
3. What do most Catholic boys date within, according to Chapter 10, Double Dating with Felix Lindor?
4. Why is Eddie's first car an immediate disaster?
5. What kind of mood is Eddie in during Christmas, in Chapter 15, The Jolly Season?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brother O'Connell tell Eddie, in Chapter 14, Late Bloomer?
2. What is Felix Lindor interested in?
3. Discuss the purpose of marriage, according to Chapter 11, Retreat Retreat.
4. What happens, at the end of Chapter 14, Late Bloomer?
5. How does the reader feel about Eddie's future at the end of Do Black Patent-leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?
6. What is addressed, in Chapter 9, Among Others, Smooth Eddie?
7. Describe Smooth Eddie.
8. What happens when a Brother becomes elderly?
9. Why is Eddie in an unhappy mood, in Chapter 15, The Jolly Season?
10. Describe dating for the Catholic adolescent boys in the 1950s or 1960s.
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)