|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie not tell his family?
(a) That he had no money for the dance.
(b) That Monica cancelled.
(c) That he hates winter.
(d) That he and Una broke up.
2. What is subordinated to one's sex drive, in Chapter 11, Retreat, Retreat?
(b) Companionship and satisfaction.
(d) Procreation and companionship.
3. What does being a nice guy not do for Tom?
(a) Get him a girlfriend.
(b) Get him picked for the team.
(c) Get him a job.
(d) Teacher's aid to stay at school.
4. Who helps Eddie send off his college applications?
(d) Brother O'Connell.
5. Who is Mr. Kascher?
(a) Mr. Blair's replacement.
(b) A new, young Brother.
(c) An old Brother.
(d) A mean man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is broken on Eddie's dad's car?
2. Who is Felix's "easy" date?
3. How does Eddie think back on his first car?
4. How many days are the teens subjected to Masses during their annual trip?
5. What type of surgery does Una have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens, at the end of Chapter 15, The Jolly Season?
2. What happens when a Brother becomes elderly?
3. Describe Brother Sens.
4. What does Brother O'Connell tell Eddie, in Chapter 14, Late Bloomer?
5. Describe Eddie's whereabouts, in Chapter 16, Final.
6. Describe what the annual retreat is like.
7. What is the primary focus of religion class in Catholic school.
8. How does Eddie buy his first car?
9. What does one brother suggest for his students to do if they think of sin?
10. Describe dating for the Catholic adolescent boys in the 1950s or 1960s.
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)