|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bobbo begin his defiance, in Chapter 4, The Beautiful World of Richard Bobbo?
(a) By refusing to change for gym.
(b) By refusing to clean the gym.
(c) By refusing to take Bensen's towel.
(d) By refusing to hand Bensen a towel.
2. In what region is Eddie's high school located?
(a) West Memphis.
(b) East Memphis.
(c) Westside Chicago.
(d) Southside Chicago.
3. Where does Eddie make his purchase, in Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak?
(b) The local dime store.
4. How does Eddie feel about his sister's new activity?
(a) A little jealous.
(d) Excited for her.
5. What are mixers?
(a) A drink.
(b) Friday night social events held in church basements or school gyms.
(c) Something used in the kitchen.
(d) A party for adults.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who achieves the highest score before entering high school in Eddie's class?
2. Who is Dolores Crosley?
3. How is Eddie typified as the illogical teen, in Chapter 6, Mixers?
4. What was the result after the tough teacher's story circulated throughout the student body?
5. What does Eddie do daily as he enters high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Eddie and Una's relationship marked with immaturity?
2. Who is Bippo?
3. Describe why the nuns are shocked by Timmy's score.
4. Discuss the types of dress that displeases God, according to Chapter 3, Catholic Girls.
5. Discuss the dress code at Bremmer High School.
6. What does Una represent for most adolescent boys?
7. Discuss what music lessons meant for children, according to Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak.
8. What does Eddie witness overnight at the beginning of the book?
9. What motivates Eddie from Principal Brother Purity's address to the student body?
10. Describe who runs the St. Bremmer's Catholic School for boys.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)