|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else is to attend the same high school as Eddie?
(a) Thomas and Timothy.
(b) Tippy and Thompson.
(c) Tom and Tim.
(d) Timmy and Tommy.
2. Who is Dolores Crosley?
(a) A girl with no personality but good looks.
(b) A very smart girl.
(c) An ugly girl.
(d) A very religious girl.
3. What do the teachers practice at Bremmer High School?
(b) Out of school suspension.
(c) Corporal punishment.
(d) In school suspension.
4. What does the vignette, in Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak, speak to?
(a) How Eddie is with his sister.
(b) How Eddie is sentimental.
(c) Normal sibling rivaly and jealousy.
(d) How Eddie treats his sister.
5. What was the result after the tough teacher's story circulated throughout the student body?
(a) No one crossed Sister Suz.
(b) No one crossed Brother Sam.
(c) Everyone loved Brother Well.
(d) No one crossed Brother Well.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eddie begin to see the Catholic religion in Chapter 3, Catholic Girls?
2. Who does Bippo argue with and punch out, in Chapter 7, Bippo?
3. What happened to Richard Bobbo, in Chapter 4, The Beautiful World of Richard Bobbo?
4. What do the upperclassmen at Bremmer High relish?
5. What happens, in Chapter 4, The Beautiful World of Richard Bobbo, that embarrasses Bert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the athletes, according to Chapter 4, The Beautiful World of Richard Bobbo.
2. What does Bobbo do to achieve victory?
3. What are publics?
4. Describe why the nuns are shocked by Timmy's score.
5. What does Eddie witness overnight at the beginning of the book?
6. Why and how is the Catholic Church sexist, according to Chapter 3, Catholic Girls?
7. What motivates Eddie from Principal Brother Purity's address to the student body?
8. What are mixers?
9. Discuss what music lessons meant for children, according to Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak.
10. What is given to place students in the appropriate course level?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)