|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the real power lie at Bremmer High?
(a) With the athletes.
(b) With the geeks.
(c) With the fat and ugly kids.
(d) With the rebels.
2. Who assigns Eddie a task, in Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak?
(a) His sister.
(b) No one.
(c) His mom.
(d) His dad.
3. How does Eddie transform himself from Chapter 6, Mixers to Chapter 8, Una?
(a) He finds someone he finds both attractive and can converse with.
(b) He changes his focus from playing with his friends to girls.
(c) By progressing towards a real relationship.
(d) He doesn't.
4. What looms large in the religion's section of "don'ts"?
5. What does Bippo receive after playing in the homecoming game?
(a) Team captain.
(b) The MVP award.
(c) Best all-around player.
(d) Homecoming King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Catholic Church give to both girls and boys, in Chapter 3, Catholic Girls?
2. How many classes is Eddie passing during his first several months at Bremmer?
3. What is given to the students that enables the school to place them in their appropriate levels?
4. What do adults always hold special in their hearts, according to Chapter 8, Una?
5. What is student placement based on in Bremmer High?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what Chapter 4, The Beautiful World of Richard Bobbo describes.
2. Describe Eddie's grades after his first few months at Bremmer.
3. What does the vignette of Eddie and his sister suggest?
4. Describe why the nuns are shocked by Timmy's score.
5. What task does Eddie's father assign him, in Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak?
6. Discuss the indoctrination of the Catholic Church in the 950s and 1960s.
7. Discuss the types of dress that displeases God, according to Chapter 3, Catholic Girls.
8. Why and how is the Catholic Church sexist, according to Chapter 3, Catholic Girls?
9. How does Eddie feel about destroying the piano?
10. What is the worst insult a boy could get at Bremmer?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)