|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are students told to do if they are tempted to commit a mortal sin?
(a) Go to Mass.
(c) Stick their finger in a flame.
2. What does Mr. Kasher disregard that makes the students like him?
(a) The 'system.'
(b) Adhering to religious rules.
(c) All rules.
(d) Their feelings.
3. What are the senior boys counseled to do after they graduate from high school, in Chapter 11, Retreat, Retreat?
(a) To do mission work.
(b) To marry only a Catholic.
(c) To find a job.
(d) To find a stable job and marry a good Catholic girl.
4. Who does Eddie sell his first car to?
(a) A boy in his neighborhood.
5. What is subordinated to one's sex drive, in Chapter 11, Retreat, Retreat?
(a) Companionship and satisfaction.
(c) Procreation and companionship.
6. What usually involves time to get a Catholic girl to do?
(a) To go on a date.
(b) To hold hands.
(c) To make out in a movie theatre.
(d) To neck.
7. Who is the history teacher that cannot control his classroom?
(a) Mr. Purity.
(b) Mr. Blair.
(c) Brother Well.
(d) Brother Sens.
8. How does Eddie perceive graduation?
(a) Like a sporting event.
(b) Like Mass.
(c) The end to one chapter in his life.
(d) Like a "McDonald's event."
9. What does the author discuss is every boy's dream to own?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A gun.
(c) A car.
(d) A house.
10. How does the Catholic religion pass on its rules and beliefs?
(a) Through worship.
(b) Through its families.
(c) Through school.
(d) Through testimony.
11. What school accepts Eddie?
(a) Sabina College.
(b) St. Bonner's Catholic College.
(c) Eastern State University.
(d) Northwester Community.
12. Who is Eddie's guidance counselor?
(a) Brother O'Connell.
(b) Brother Cones.
(c) Brother Conlan.
(d) Brother Collins.
13. What do most Catholic boys date within, according to Chapter 10, Double Dating with Felix Lindor?
(a) Their church group.
(b) Their school system.
(c) Their social class.
(d) Their neighborhood.
14. What does Eddie's guidance tell him he should consider joining?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Army.
(c) The Air Force.
(d) The Marines.
15. What does being a nice guy not do for Tom?
(a) Get him picked for the team.
(b) Get him a girlfriend.
(c) Teacher's aid to stay at school.
(d) Get him a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Felix interested in, in Chapter 10, Double Dating with Felix Lindor?
2. Who is Felix's "easy" date?
3. Which of the following were NOT examples of places Catholic boys tried to touch girls?
4. What has Eddie accomplished, by Chapter 16, Final?
5. What has arrived, in Chapter 16, Final?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)