|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age is Eddie turning at the beginning of Chapter 1, Ready?
2. In Chapter 3, Catholic Girls, what does the term "public" refer to?
(a) Poor people.
(b) Non Catholics.
(d) Non Christians.
3. Who begins to play the piano, in Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak?
(a) Eddie's sister.
(b) Eddie's mom.
(d) Eddie's dad.
4. Which student questions the nuns frequently during grammar school?
5. Who else is to attend the same high school as Eddie?
(a) Timmy and Tommy.
(b) Thomas and Timothy.
(c) Tippy and Thompson.
(d) Tom and Tim.
6. What does Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak show about Eddie's growing up?
7. Who gets the boys lost on the way to the mixer, in Chapter 6, Mixers?
(a) Tom Lanner.
(b) Tim Heidi.
(c) Felix Linder.
8. When did Eddie's sister play the piano?
(a) Every family gathering.
(b) For practice only.
(c) At church.
(d) For her friends.
9. What is given to the students that enables the school to place them in their appropriate levels?
(a) An entrance exam.
(b) A research paper.
(c) An exit exam.
(d) A writing assignment.
10. In Chapter 4, The Beautiful World of Richard Bobbo, how does Eddie sometimes feel, regardless of his physical appearance?
(a) Short and round.
(b) Fat and ugly.
(c) Tall and gangly.
(d) Pimply and disgusting.
11. What does Bippo receive after playing in the homecoming game?
(a) Team captain.
(b) Homecoming King.
(c) The MVP award.
(d) Best all-around player.
12. What happens to Eddie and Una's relationship?
(a) Eddie wants to date another girl and breaks it off.
(b) Una decides to date Tim.
(c) Una moves away and ends it.
(d) It eventually ends permanently.
13. How does Eddie feel about going to high school?
(a) Extremely excited.
14. What does Eddie realize about Una, in Chapter 8, Una?
(a) He loved her.
(b) She was annoying.
(c) She was one-of-a-kind.
(d) They were bad for each other.
15. What does Eddie purchase, in Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak?
(a) A harmonica.
(b) A trumpet.
(c) A tambourine.
(d) A drum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Catholic Church desire modest dress?
2. How does Eddie transform himself from Chapter 6, Mixers to Chapter 8, Una?
3. How many programs of study are at Bremmer High?
4. What two things do adolescent boys constantly think only?
5. What are the teachers and faculty at Bremmer High School comprised of?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)