|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs the student government at Bremmer High?
(a) The geeks.
(b) The music geeks.
(c) The athletes.
(d) The fat and ugly kids.
2. Why does Eddie begin to think the Catholic Church is sexist?
(a) No reason.
(b) Women cannot be priests.
(c) Because they have not forgiven Eve.
(d) Because they see man as the supreme gender.
3. What object must separate the bodies of girls and boys while they dance at mixers?
(a) A stack of magazines.
(b) At least a phone book.
(d) A ruler.
4. Who comprises the second highest rung clique?
(a) The tough guys.
(b) The nice guys.
(c) The clean guys.
(d) The independents.
5. What does the vignette, in Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak, speak to?
(a) How Eddie treats his sister.
(b) Normal sibling rivaly and jealousy.
(c) How Eddie is sentimental.
(d) How Eddie is with his sister.
6. Which class does Eddie consider to be "unflunkable"?
7. What does Eddie purchase, in Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak?
(a) A tambourine.
(b) A trumpet.
(c) A drum.
(d) A harmonica.
8. What does Una represent, in Chapter 8, Unat?
(a) Every boy's first love.
(b) Every boy's dream girl.
(c) Every girl's dream.
(d) Every boy's first broken heart.
9. What is the ultimate goal of adolescent dances, according to Chapter 6, Mixers?
(a) To find a person to talk to.
(b) To find your new boyfriend or girlfriend for the year.
(c) To get to know the schools around your own.
(d) To find a good looking person to date.
10. What grade is Eddie about to finish in Chapter 1, Ready?
11. What are mixers?
(a) A party for adults.
(b) A drink.
(c) Something used in the kitchen.
(d) Friday night social events held in church basements or school gyms.
12. Who is assigned to the Honors Program?
(a) Tim Heidi.
(c) Tom Lanner.
(d) Felix Lindor.
13. What is important for children, according to Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak?
(a) Playing outside.
(c) Music lessons.
14. Who comprises the bottom rung clique?
(a) Short and round guys.
(b) Fat and ugly guys.
(c) Nerdy and gangly guys.
(d) Tall and pimply guys.
15. At Bremmer High School, what is strict for its time?
(a) The dress code.
(b) The code of conduct.
(c) The rules of cheating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Catholic boys supposed to set a good example for?
2. Why does the Catholic Church desire modest dress?
3. Who runs the high school Eddie chooses to attend?
4. During the 1950s and 1960s, what were Catholic school students thoroughly indoctrinated about?
5. In Chapter 4, The Beautiful World of Richard Bobbo, where does Bobby receive his final victory?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)