|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eddie feel about his task, in Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak?
2. What are women prohibited from being in the Catholic Church during the 1950s and 1960s?
(a) Women cannot be priests.
(b) Women are only allowed to pray.
(c) Women are only allowed to serve their men.
(d) Women cannot sing.
3. Which class does Eddie consider to be "unflunkable"?
4. What does Eddie contemplate, in Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak, that shows the reader a change is taking place in him?
(a) His jealousy of his sister.
(b) His effort to obey his dad.
(c) His contemplation of the musical instrument's life.
5. How does Eddie feel about his sister's new activity?
(a) A little jealous.
(b) Excited for her.
6. How many classes is Eddie passing during his first several months at Bremmer?
(a) 4 of 5.
(b) 2 or 4.
(c) 3 of 5.
(d) 3 of 6.
7. Where does Eddie make his purchase, in Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak?
(d) The local dime store.
8. Where is the mixer Eddie and his friends want to attend after Eddie meets a girl and fails to get her name?
(a) St. Bruno's Parish.
(c) St. Benny's Parish.
(d) St. Bunson's.
9. Which teacher lives up to his tough reputation?
(a) Brother Smith.
(b) Brother Well.
(c) Brother Sam.
(d) Brother Bremmer.
10. Why was the toughest teacher at Bremmer High transferred to Bremmer?
(a) He had punched two football players at another school.
(b) He sold drugs to his students at another school.
(c) He punched another teacher at a different school.
(d) He cussed at a student in class at another school.
11. What do the upperclassmen at Bremmer High relish?
(a) Hazing the younger boys.
(b) Terrorizing freshman with teacher horror stories.
(c) Putting freshmen in trash cans.
(d) Leaving for lunch.
12. What does Eddie do daily as he enters high school?
(b) Drinks a protein shake.
(c) His 'pimple patrol.'
(d) Showers morning and night.
13. Who does not take physical education at Bremmer High?
(a) The geeks.
(d) Fat and ugly boys.
14. What does Bobbo decide to do in Chapter 4, The Beautiful World of Richard Bobbo, after his poor treatment?
(a) Give payback.
(b) Embarass the athletes.
(c) Embarass the geeks
(d) Get even.
15. What was the previous profession of the toughest teacher at Bremmer High?
(a) A boxer.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A weightlifter.
(d) A Navy officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is important for children, according to Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak?
2. What happens to the person who receives the highest score before he enters high school?
3. What does Eddie realize about Una, in Chapter 8, Una?
4. What does Eddie's older sister tell him about the piano?
5. What disease does Eddie have at the end of Chapter 1, Ready?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)