|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the upperclassmen at Bremmer High relish?
(a) Leaving for lunch.
(b) Hazing the younger boys.
(c) Putting freshmen in trash cans.
(d) Terrorizing freshman with teacher horror stories.
2. What does Eddie appear to have with his sister?
(a) A bad relationship.
(b) A typical sibling relationship.
(c) A healthy relationship.
3. What happens, in Chapter 4, The Beautiful World of Richard Bobbo, that embarrasses Bert?
(a) Bobbo punches his jaw.
(b) He tries to leap through the opening of the locked cage and gets stuck.
(c) He falls mid-court in a game.
(d) He is towel-less in front of the whole school.
4. How is Eddie and Una's relationship typified as the typical teenage romance?
(a) Their on- and off-again break-ups.
(b) Their controlling ways.
(c) Being completely consumed by the other.
5. What does the filth fiend have more than other boys at school?
(a) An addiction to cigarettes.
(b) Experience with girls.
(c) A dirty mind.
(d) Knowledge of the school.
6. Which program is designed for average students like Eddie?
(a) The Business Program.
(b) The Academic Program.
(c) The Technical Program.
(d) The Engineering Program.
7. What does Una represent, in Chapter 8, Unat?
(a) Every boy's first love.
(b) Every boy's first broken heart.
(c) Every boy's dream girl.
(d) Every girl's dream.
8. How does Eddie feel about his task, in Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak?
9. Who chaperones the mixers the Catholic schools have on Friday nights?
(a) The Nuns.
(c) The Brothers.
(d) No one.
10. How many blocks away does Una live from Eddie?
11. What is deemed a mark of maturity in children, according to Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak?
(a) Music lessons.
12. What happened to Richard Bobbo, in Chapter 4, The Beautiful World of Richard Bobbo?
(a) He was suspended.
(b) He was elected student body president.
(c) He embarassed the meanest teacher.
(d) He was given detention.
13. Which teacher lives up to his tough reputation?
(a) Brother Well.
(b) Brother Smith.
(c) Brother Bremmer.
(d) Brother Sam.
14. When does Eddie witness the horrors of being a teenager?
(a) When he turns 15.
(b) While he is 14.
(c) One week.
15. Where is the mixer Eddie and his friends want to attend after Eddie meets a girl and fails to get her name?
(b) St. Bruno's Parish.
(c) St. Benny's Parish.
(d) St. Bunson's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary purpose of sex, according to the Catholic religion?
2. What is Eddie's task, in Chapter 5, My Sister was a Piano Freak?
3. What seems to be universal in adolescents, from the content given in Chapter 4, The Beautiful World of Richard Bobbo?
4. Which program houses the lowest rung students?
5. At Bremmer High School, what is strict for its time?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)