|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Among Others, Smooth Eddie.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the typing teacher do during class?
(a) Get the students to listen to his enlightening lectures.
(b) Gives the students odd jobs.
(c) Plays games.
(d) Ignores the students.
2. How many blocks away does Una live from Eddie?
3. Today, how old are the people who experienced the time period Powers describes in Chapter 3, Catholic Girls?
(a) In their fifties.
(b) In their sixties.
(c) In their seventies.
(d) In their eighties.
4. What are mixers?
(a) Something used in the kitchen.
(b) Friday night social events held in church basements or school gyms.
(c) A party for adults.
(d) A drink.
5. What is the principal's name at Bremmer High?
(a) Brother Sam.
(b) Brother Peace.
(c) Brother Purity.
(d) Brother Well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the history teacher that cannot control his classroom?
2. At Bremmer High School, what is strict for its time?
3. What object must separate the bodies of girls and boys while they dance at mixers?
4. During the 1950s and 1960s, what were Catholic school students thoroughly indoctrinated about?
5. How is Eddie typified as the illogical teen, in Chapter 6, Mixers?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)