Chapter 1, Ready?
• Chapter 1, Ready
• Eddie Ryan has turned 13 and overnight witnesses the horrors of becoming a teenager.
• He finishes the eighth grade at St. Bastion Catholic Grammar School.
• Ambivalently, he faces high school at St. Bremmer Catholic School.
• His friends, Tim and Tom, are both going to Eddie's high school, along with Felix Lindor, the "filth fiend."
• Entrance exams are given to attend St. Bremmer's.
• The entrance exams place students in their appropriate class level.
• Timmy Heidi, shocks the grammar schools nuns when he receives the highest entrance exam score.
• Eddie and his friends live in the "short term," concerned only for the day-to-day things.
• This chapter gives a glimpse of what it was like to go to a Catholic school during the 1950s.
Chapter 2, Bremmer High School
• Chapter 2, Bremmer High School
• Dress codes are particularly strict at St. Bremmer.
• Teachers are brothers from St. Bremmer Religious Order...
This section contains 1,504 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)