Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Dante condemn in Canto 33?
2. With what is the fifth chasm filled?
3. Which character interrogates the Navarroan soul in Canto 22?
4. To which Trojan character does Dante compare the rabid soul that rushes past him in the beginning of Canto 30?
5. In what form are Cianfra and Francesco de' Cavalcanti presented in Canto 25?
(c) Flaming forms.
6. Under what title did Count Guido da Montefeltro serve Boniface VIII in life?
(a) Parish priest.
(c) Fransiscan monk.
(d) Church patron.
7. What is the agent of anguish in the tenth chasm of the eighth circle?
8. Which great leader did the damned soul Curio badly advise?
9. Which of the following giants was not associated with the Greeks?
10. From what type of building did Vanni Fucci steal?
(a) A church.
(b) A manor house.
(c) A university.
(d) A salon.
11. To what classical hero does Dante talk in Canto 26?
12. What does Virgil do while Dante hides behind a crag in Canto 21?
(a) He explains his journey to the demons.
(b) He clears a path for them to pass.
(c) He surveys the circles below.
(d) He helps a damned soul escape.
13. What does Virgil admonish Dante not to do at the beginning of Canto 29?
(a) Pass out.
14. Why do Dante and Virgil slide into the sixth chasm in Canto 23?
(a) A storm of flame begins above.
(b) Dante sees Beatrice in it.
(c) The bridge collapses.
(d) Demons are chasing them.
15. With what does Dante decide he is friends at the beginning of Canto 25?
(a) The snakes.
(c) The Holy Spirit.
(d) The moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what form of falsification is Master Adam guilty?
2. At the beginning of Canto 26, Dante is lamenting the fate of what?
3. After which sinner from Canto 20 is Virgil's home named?
4. How does the Navarroan soul flee the demons in Canto 22?
5. What is on Cacus's shoulder in Canto 25?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)