Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Canto XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Charon?
(a) Dante's father.
(b) Keeper of the Gate of Hell.
(c) Ferryman of the Acheron.
(d) A righteous nonbeliever.
2. Who is kept in the fifth chasm of the eighth circle?
(c) Sowers of discord.
3. Which sinners from the seventh circle does Virgil counsel Dante to see again before leaving in Canto 17?
(a) The usurers.
(b) The suicides.
(c) The wrathful.
(d) The sodomites.
4. Simonists are named after a king of what ancient nation?
5. How does Dante describe the tree in Canto 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is contained in the eighth chasm of the eighth circle?
2. Who tries to send Dante back at the end of Canto 8?
3. Who is not punished in the burning sands of Canto 14?
4. After which sinner from Canto 20 is Virgil's home named?
5. In Dante's metaphor for Virgil's mood at the beginning of Canto 24, what happens to the peasant's field?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)