|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Canto XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What standard do souls outside the gates of Hell carry in Canto 3?
(a) A red banner.
(b) A Roman standard.
(c) A blank flag.
(d) A grey banner.
2. To what Catholic procession does Dante compare the march of the panders in Canto 18?
(a) The Jubilee.
(b) The Way of the Cross.
(c) The May Day celebration.
(d) The Mystery Play.
3. What shields Dante and Virgil from the falling fire in Canto 15?
(a) An awning of festering flesh.
(b) A parasol.
(c) A dark cloud.
(d) A convocation of floating souls.
4. What request do the three souls of Canto 16 make before disappearing into the desert?
(a) For Dante to take care of their families.
(b) For Dante to remember them.
(c) For Dante to abandon his sinful life.
(d) For Dante to leave Hell at once.
5. Which of the following is a group that is contained in the second circle of Dis?
(c) Traitors against nation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Canto 22, why does the leader of the demons need to rescue two of his cohorts?
2. What sin have the sinners of the fourth circle committed?
3. What supernatural creatures are employed with keeping the violent in the river in Canto 12?
4. What do the sinners in Canto 17 tell Dante to do?
5. What is happening in the firmament at the end of Canto 20?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)